December 16, 2017, 10:29:09 AM

Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Packers @ Rams  (Read 22538 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: Official Game Day Thread - Packers @ Rams
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »
Nice to see Coleman play better.  Great catch by Stoneburner.

Care to elaborate...some of us are not seeing or hearing the game.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »
If I have to choose between risking Boyd or Palmer, it's going to be Palmer.

Oh I agree I just dont think it is safe to assume Palmer makes it there.  I love the idea of keeping 7 DL and Neal as a hybrid.  Jolly has earned a spot as even though I missed the second half of the game it sounds like he played a great game.  I saw Wilson blow up a run earlier as well

This is what I was thinking when I made the original comment.  We've got a group of rookies that can fill the roster by being cut and placed on the practice squad.  We always fear that they won't make it, but teams rarely take rookies cut at final cutdowns.  It happens, but it isn't that common.  Keep 7 DL, and then Neal as a hybrid, filling out the OLB depth.

I'm wondering if Neal isn't the one at risk with the DL.  If he doesn't make an impact at OLB, then he might be the one who is odd man out.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
Nice to see Coleman play better.  Great catch by Stoneburner.

Care to elaborate...some of us are not seeing or hearing the game.

Coleman is 7/11 for 82 and one TD.  Ball coming out crisp, and he looks like he is directing the offense well.  Tonight he looks like he could be a backup QB and not be a total loss.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:02:44 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Skinny

• All Pro
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
Jolly is their best defensive lineman, how is that even possible? 

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
If I have to choose between risking Boyd or Palmer, it's going to be Palmer.

Oh I agree I just dont think it is safe to assume Palmer makes it there.  I love the idea of keeping 7 DL and Neal as a hybrid.  Jolly has earned a spot as even though I missed the second half of the game it sounds like he played a great game.  I saw Wilson blow up a run earlier as well

This is what I was thinking when I made the original comment.  We've got a group of rookies that can fill the roster by being cut and placed on the practice squad.  We always fear that they won't make it, but teams rarely take rookies cut at final cutdowns.  It happens, but it isn't that common.  Keep 7 DL, and then Neal as a hybrid, filling out the OLB depth.

I'm wondering if Neal isn't the one at risk with the DL.  If he doesn't make an impact at OLB, then he might be the one who is odd man out.

Cant see that happening. In 11 games he had 4.5 sacks. That is very good production for the DE position.  I would be shocked to see Neal get cut.

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »
Not a good night for Brandon Smith

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
Brandon Smith will be on the first cut list....  bonehead play on special teams, penalty to extend drive and beat for TD.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
Brandon Smith will be on the first cut list....  bonehead play on special teams, penalty to extend drive and beat for TD.

I don't think so. I think we want him on the PS. He's a converted WR, he's very new to all this, very raw, very fast, very powerful. We wanna coach him up for  a year.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »

I don't think so. I think we want him on the PS. He's a converted WR, he's very new to all this, very raw, very fast, very powerful. We wanna coach him up for  a year.

With how the numbers look, It might be hard for Smith to even make the practice squad.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2013, 06:46:59 AM »
Jolly is their best defensive lineman, how is that even possible?
Probably because Jolly knows that this is his last shot.  He is definitely playing like a man who knows his career is on the line and is eager to reward the Packers for having the guts to give him a second chance. Also, I heard he has just gotten married and that his wife was said to be the best thing that ever happened to him. He is really out to prove he is a changed man I am starting to believe it.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »
Thanks for contributing, even if it is preseason, and we'll see you back here Friday.

Week 3: Friday, August 23 - Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay at 7 p.m. - CBS
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.