November 23, 2017, 12:17:38 PM

Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread: Seattle @ Green Bay  (Read 21605 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Official Game Day Thread: Seattle @ Green Bay
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
Pre-season Week 3: Friday, August 23 - Seahawks @ Packers.

The game will be broadcast to a national audience on CBS starting at 7:00 PM CT.

The third pre-season game is the most important for the Green Bay Packers as Coach Mike McCarthy calls this the true dress rehearsal before resting many starters in the fourth and final pre-season contest.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:54:09 AM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: Official Game Day Thread: Seattle @ Green Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »
Indeed, the third preseason game is generally seen as the "dress rehearsal," though this year, because of the new CBA and changes to the offseason schedule, I don't expect the starters (or at least the really established ones) to play as much as they have in the past. For one, the team will have hardly practiced, relatively speaking, between last week's game and this week's game. But more than that, I think TT and MM are still wanting to get a long look at some of the bubble guys.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
Packers and pizza on the same night? Color me very happy!  ;D

Oh, and LMG, would it be OK if I started the regular game day threads? We've been a bit preoccupied with a lawsuit, the inimitable one getting ready for another school year, and other incidentals.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:31:40 PM »
Packers and pizza on the same night? Color me very happy!  ;D

Oh, and LMG, would it be OK if I started the regular game day threads? We've been a bit preoccupied with a lawsuit, the inimitable one getting ready for another school year, and other incidentals.

Appreciate it Ricky...glad to have you doing them again.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 03:51:04 PM »
We leave tomorrow for a week up in the Sierra's and hopefully we get a window through the pines to watch the game. Last time we did after some moving the dish around but this time we'll be in a different site.

Game is national on CBS so we'll be able to watch if we can hook up with the satellites.

Go Pack!!!

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
Pre-season Week 3: Friday, August 23 - Seahawks @ Packers.

The game will be broadcast to a national audience on CBS starting at 7:00 PM CT.

The third pre-season game is the most important for the Green Bay Packers as Coach Mike McCarthy calls this the true dress rehearsal before resting many starters in the fourth and final pre-season contest.

I want to Rodgers and all/most of the starters play at least 2 quarters of football. The Seahawks are a good team so this will be a good measure of just how good we are. Not saying we will be playing all out but still will be a good test.

No worries about the last time we played them....we will address that when we spank them in the playoffs and keep their trophy case empty.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
If there ever is an important game in the preseason, the third game is it. This is somewhat a dress rehearsal for the regular season, you want to see good performances from your starting defense and offense, and maybe see a rookie or two shine.

Plus you have a small revenge factor for that BS game last regular season.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 03:38:53 PM »
Not sure who is playing and who is out, but this should be a great test for the offense in particular. Can we run the ball against the a quality defense. Can we protect because Seattle can bring the heat. I'm looking forward to it and of course in preseason, no injuries please.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
Indications are that, despite precedent, the first string won't be playing as much as usual or expected. I'm interested in seeing Harris get some touches, and hopefully there will be a decision made on who the Packers are going to have as their kicker at the start of the season. Also, will the OL be able to handle the Seattle pass rush? Another test for Bakhtiari, but these are still the "semi's", not the real deal. Will Jolly have another good game? And who will be the TE to be there to complement Finley? Will Harrell or Young be the backup- or will the Packers go with three QBs on the roster (Coleman to PS), and then decide whether to dump Harrell once VY learns the system? Will Jones be back in the lineup? Or Cobb? Lots of questions, and there are going to be some hard decisions to make, since the cutdown to 75 comes up very quickly after this game. That'll be tough for a lot of guys- though at least some of them should get a look elsewhere, since the Packers are an elite organization, and the second tier teams will be interested in building their rosters with the Packer cuts.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
Not sure who is playing and who is out, but this should be a great test for the offense in particular. Can we run the ball against the a quality defense. Can we protect because Seattle can bring the heat. I'm looking forward to it and of course in preseason, no injuries please.

I'm really excited to see Lacy run against Seattle, and to see how Harris runs.  This will be a test for both, Harris to see if his form is there again and Lacy to see if he really is the thumper he appears to be.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »
Pretty sure Datone Jones is out after re-injuring his ankle this week, and Cobb is definitely out.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »
Pretty sure Datone Jones is out after re-injuring his ankle this week, and Cobb is definitely out.
ESPN just reported that Cobb is expected to play.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
Is it bad that I am almost dreading this game because I feel like we will have another significant injury?

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
I'm not worried about injuries, I'm just excited to see them play against a quality team.  The Squwaks were very physical against Denver and I expect them to be revved up tonight.

I lied I just got worried about Rodgers...... :(
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
ESPN just reported that Cobb is expected to play.

I heard he only had a chance, which in my mind, means he won't be playing.