September 23, 2017, 05:54:50 AM

Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread: Seattle @ Green Bay  (Read 19623 times)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
Re: Official Game Day Thread: Seattle @ Green Bay
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »
say hello to a first cut (Means)

On that 3rd & long play where the WR ran across the field for the 1st down was one of the worse defensive plays I can remember... Means backed up & let the WR run by him, lol...

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »
Coleman's numbers won't look very good.  And perhaps there was somebody open that he missed.  But I was actually very impressed with him.   

He sure throws a much better ball than Harrell, and way, way better than Young.   I hope he makes it through to practice squad, because I think he looks like he's close to becoming a good backup.

Yep, I think he's earned another year on the PS.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2013, 09:30:17 AM »
Donzo: "On that 3rd & long play where the WR ran across the field for the 1st down was one of the worse defensive plays I can remember... Means backed up & let the WR run by him, lol..."

Lousy team defense and no speed was shown on that play at all. The fact the WR could meander completely across the field then down the opposite sideline w/o somebody putting a body on him - is either lack of speed or "somebody else will do it" initiative. Only saving grace? It was backups - or some mixture thereof. I hope. If it wasn't - dont tell me :( 

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
Somebody take this record off the turn table because it's keeps playing the same verse over and over.

YAWN!
I agree. The apologists are getting tiresome.

And if Rodgers gets hurt in a meaningless game that's worth it?  He gets injured we are screwed.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
If you goal is to ruin every thread you take part in, you are doing a magnificent job.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this thread was only for butt kissers and apologists. Oh, wait. It isn't. I am voicing my concerns. Not my problem if you apologists can't handle it.

But Cpk, you're mostly voicing 0-2 over and over.  We are in the preseason.  I understand your concerns, but saying them over and over isn't going to fix them.
Actually, I only said "0-2" once.

Yes, we are in the preseason, but you just can't turn the #1 offense on with the flip of a switch. They have hardly been on the field and when they have they haven't finished a single drive and looked terrible in the redzone. They need work. Those things aren't going to magically be fixed when the regular season starts and they don't have time to "get the rust off" with their first two opponents.

Jordy and Randall aren't playing so its hard to work on chemistry with your 2 top WRs in this situation. 

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »
Somebody take this record off the turn table because it's keeps playing the same verse over and over.

YAWN!

And if Rodgers gets hurt in a meaningless game that's worth it?  He gets injured we are screwed.

Exactly Pugger!

Its funny how people like me are "apologists" when we simply recognize that Rodgers doesn't need the work, that we were the most efficient team in the red zone last year, that we had A LOT of success with the empty set in the red zone, stuff like that.

The complaints are really no different than the criticism of Rodgers when he didn't host workouts during the lockout, how the team would be behind, etc, etc.  How did it work out that year?  It is alright for individuals to voice their concerns, but they should quit expecting everyone will agree with them and drop the dumb labels.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »

YAWN!

Rodgers has played at least a half in every 3rd preseason game he has had as a starter with no issue, so this tired response has no merit. The #1's need the work with Rodgers as they are struggling to get the ball in the endzone.  There are a good number of new faces that Rodgers has to throw to.  You can't just turn the offense on with the flip of a witch regular season week 1.

The complaints are really no different than the criticism of Rodgers when he didn't host workouts during the lockout, how the team would be behind, etc, etc.  How did it work out that year?  It is alright for individuals to voice their concerns, but they should quit expecting everyone will agree with them and drop the dumb labels.
They aren't even remotely the same. They still had the preseason that year which they got more work in games then they did this one.

I am not expecting anyone to agree with me. But outright dismissing it with "We're fine, everything's great"?  I am going to call those people apologists all day long because that is what they are.

Jordy and Randall aren't playing so its hard to work on chemistry with your 2 top WRs in this situation.
You are aware that they aren't going to play an entire game with just those two recievers right?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:47:53 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »
say hello to a first cut (Means)

On that 3rd & long play where the WR ran across the field for the 1st down was one of the worse defensive plays I can remember... Means backed up & let the WR run by him, lol...

Problem was DB on the bottom of the screen that moved forward and allowed receiver to then get around him, he only needed to keep Williams from going wide and they have him stopped.  Everyone prior had him bottled up.  I think the DB was Means... he had a horrible game, gave up the long TD as well.

Smith had a bad game last week, had a great breakup in the end zone on Williams this week.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »
cp = please dont bother trying to re-re-re-re-explain your "AR isnt getting enough reps theory" - its not a complex or deep issue and you've pounded it till its tired and threadbare. We get your point.

The only reason I'm addressing you is  to ask how you've come to define others as "apologists?"

Who's apologizing for what (?) when nobody needs to apologize for anything?

What? That they dont agree with your theory?

Who gives a shit? You've stated your case NUMEROUS times. Fine. Get over yourself - or - come up with some new, exciting and interesting thoughts -other than "AR isnt getting enough field time this preseason" - that records played.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:20:19 PM by Leader »

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »
cp = please dont bother trying to re-re-re-re-explain your "AR isnt getting enough reps theory" - its not a complex or deep issue and you've

Who gives a shit? You've stated your case NUMEROUS times. Fine. Get over yourself - or - come up with some new, exciting and interesting thoughts -other than "AR isnt getting enough field time this preseason" - that records played.

I wonder if he knows Rodgers has been on a snap count for the entirety of TC and OTAs. I remember when Rodgers was criticized for not organizing team activities during the lockout. Geewiz who would have thought he would win league MVP that year?

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »
Think this thread has run it's course since it is NOT Game Day anymore and is closed.

Ricky will be putting up Friday's Game Day thread vs. the Chiefs early this week.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.