September 23, 2017, 07:49:43 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v. 49ers Game Day Thread  (Read 47074 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v. 49ers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »

I suspect that the 49ers will try and give us a nice big dose of Frank Gore.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »
Well, both Jones and Burnett returned to practice today.  The only one not practicing was Hayward.

That is good news about Burnett.

Was there any more information on Bakhtiari and KC preseason game if he had injury, someone in the game thread posted he had injury... I did not think he had any injury from rewatching, but have never heard either way since and even saw Vic question if he had injury in his column the day afterwards.

He left after the first snap because he got nut-thwaped.

That may or may not be the medical term for such an injury.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 12:35:24 AM »

If it's not, it ought to be!     () - : #

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 01:24:33 AM »
This is a really interesting game to me.  After attending last season's playoff debacle at Candlestick, it's hard not to feel like we were decisively out-coached.  Now both teams have had several months to prepare for one another anew.  If we're decisively out-coached again, I will consider McCarthy to be a second-tier coach.

I won't be going to this one.  But I'll be thrilled if we pull it out, because I really want to believe McCarthy and his staff are nobody's underdogs.
It's what it's.

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »
I think the 4.5 point line is about right.  If you played this game 100 times, my guess is the niners would have an average of 4.5 points higher per game.

We definitely can win though.  Same old keys:  commit fewer turnovers (do you hear me, Jeremy Ross?) and no stupid penalties (are you listening, Johnny Jolly?) and we'll have a shot.

Whomever wins, I predict major over-reaction from the fans.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »
"Whomever wins, I predict major over-reaction from the fans."

You can take that prediction to the bank
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 04:35:30 PM »
I think the 4.5 point line is about right.  If you played this game 100 times, my guess is the niners would have an average of 4.5 points higher per game.

We definitely can win though.  Same old keys:  commit fewer turnovers (do you hear me, Jeremy Ross?) and no stupid penalties (are you listening, Johnny Jolly?) and we'll have a shot.

Well, Vegas give a 3.5 point advantage for homefield so they believe the teams are near even.

I actually believe the over reaction will be from the fans of the losing team.

Packers fans - nothing has changed from last year, TT should have spent more on the offensive line, ect.

49er fans - We didn't have Crabtree or Manningham, should have signed Gholdson, ect.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »
You know those games where we get up by 17 and then cruise?

Yah, this isn't going to be one of them. This game will almost certainly go to the last minute, perhaps to the last play.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

Yah, this isn't going to be one of them. This game will almost certainly go to the last minute, perhaps to the last play.

I'm hyperventilating already. 

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »

Honest question here, was Jolly known for dumb penalties before he was "excused" from the team?  It's been three years I just don't remember if he was bad with penalties or not.  I think Ross will be jacked to make up for the playoffs this game, I just hope he doesn't over-hype himself and mess up again.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »
I'm hearing Heyward has been ruled OUT
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

ARPackFan

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »

Nardtusion?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »
I'm hearing Heyward has been ruled OUT

Yep, he's gone according to Wilde. Apparently the hamstring injury is serious enough that he might be gone for a few games. Apparently, Hyde will be the replacement in nickel situations. Which brings up a sore subject (pun intended), the inability of trainers to address hamstring problems. CMIII, of course, Bishop last year, and it seems several others on the team had "tweaks" during TC and the exhibition season.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »

Honest question here, was Jolly known for dumb penalties before he was "excused" from the team?  It's been three years I just don't remember if he was bad with penalties or not.  I think Ross will be jacked to make up for the playoffs this game, I just hope he doesn't over-hype himself and mess up again.

He had his share, but I really think we have a different guy now. He's been humbled a bit by what he went through. I think he's going to be motivated in a different way. The way his team embraced him, I think the best of Johnny Jolly is coming this year and the Packers and their faithful are going to be rewarded for it.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ayt

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »

No.