November 19, 2017, 04:22:49 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread  (Read 28811 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
Time to get even. Tough loss in the opener, but having home field advantage should help Sunday.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline adromick

• Rookie
Re: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Washington is a team who over-achieved last year.  Green Bay by 2 TDs

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
This is the game for MM to let Lacy start showcasing his ability. I'm going to say he gets over a hundred rushing and a couple TD's

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 04:46:47 PM »
I'll be at this particular game.... Hopefully Morgan is back.....

Green Bay 31 v Washington 21
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Wow, not learning much about Washington tonight.  2 turnovers on their first 2 series, then a safety on the third. 

Hope they save some turnovers for Sunday.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:02:13 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »
Some comments from Redskins game..

- Washington gave up 260 rushing yards nearly 450 total yards.
- Offense started very slow, RGIII looked rusty, he also looks like less of a threat to run right now.  2nd half he did well passing the ball and ended up with over 300 yards.
- Kerrigan left field late to have concussion testing.  That would be big loss for Redskins if has to sit a week, he was very active and good early on in game.  Riley also looked impressive early.
- Eagles were blitzing RGIII a lot to try and pressure him... many blitzes up the middle.
- Redskins looked almost as bad as Packers vs SF last year in trying to defend read/option... many miss tackles.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:34:34 PM »
Right now the line is packers +6.5. In a few hours that number might increase.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:15 PM »
RG3 looked very mediocre tonight, as a thrower. His accuracy was not good.
It's what it's.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM »
Clay's cousin Kevin was a center for the redskins during TC. Unfortunately he was released in the cut down from 90 to 75 and is a free agent right now; we're not going to get to see Matthews on Mathews.

They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
RGIII had a rough first half, but really got into a rhythm the second half. Right now, listening to sports talk radio, the Eagles are the toast of the NFL, Chip Kelly is a genius, and LeSean McCoy is going to be the MVP. After one game. Griffin looked like he had a hard time setting up and following through on his throws for a while, and definitely didn't seem to have a lot of excess mobility. And either the Washington OL is really bad, or the Eagles have a great defense, because Philly constantly had pressure on Griffin, especially on blitzes. In fact, this seemed like a game of two different halves. First half, Philly was going great and effectively couldn't be stopped. Second half, Washington started getting their act together. IF Capers treats RGIII like a regular QB, and doesn't overreact to the possibility of having him make some yards with running, the Packers should do fine. If, however, Capers decides he needs the entire defense to focus on Griffin, as he did with Kaepernick, this game could be closer that it should be. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »
What's the status on Kerrigan?
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
What's the status on Kerrigan?
Reported doctors did not believe it was a concussion last night.

Tests were a precaution and he reportedly passed them, I would expect him to play based on this information.

Offline Green19

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »
I think if Philly can put up those offensive numbers, no reason we can't either. Key on defense will be containing Morris, he only had 12 carries last night (RG3 had 5). Unless our defense completely lets us down, I don't see us losing this game. Pack win this by at least 10.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
I think if Philly can put up those offensive numbers, no reason we can't either. Key on defense will be containing Morris, he only had 12 carries last night (RG3 had 5). Unless our defense completely lets us down, I don't see us losing this game. Pack win this by at least 10.

If we do to him what we did to Frank Gore we will be fine.  People are failing to look at Gore's numbers against our D.  He had a game no more impressive than Lacy, minus a fumble of course.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline Green19

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »

If we do to him what we did to Frank Gore we will be fine.  People are failing to look at Gore's numbers against our D.  He had a game no more impressive than Lacy, minus a fumble of course.

I agree, I'm not saying i don't think we can do it, it will just be the key to the game is all.