September 23, 2017, 07:46:38 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread  (Read 26257 times)

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
I think if Philly can put up those offensive numbers, no reason we can't either. Key on defense will be containing Morris, he only had 12 carries last night (RG3 had 5). Unless our defense completely lets us down, I don't see us losing this game. Pack win this by at least 10.

If we do to him what we did to Frank Gore we will be fine.  People are failing to look at Gore's numbers against our D.  He had a game no more impressive than Lacy, minus a fumble of course.

I agree, I'm not saying i don't think we can do it, it will just be the key to the game is all.

I agree with your agreement!  ;D
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »
This is the game for MM to let Lacy start showcasing his ability. I'm going to say he gets over a hundred rushing and a couple TD's

After watching how poorly Redskins tackled at time vs Eagles, this may be big chance for Lacy to have good game.  Would be nice to see Packers back finally get 100 yards.

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »
Skids oline looked horrible against a pretty mediocre eagles pass rush
RGIII looked tenative to step into his throws and had lots of problems when guys were laying around his legs or in his face
Morris Looked down right awful
And the Skins weapons on the outside look extremely average.

I would expect big day from the D, but who knows what you will get with this D, or whether RGIII will all of a sudden start clicking

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »
After watching how poorly Redskins tackled at time vs Eagles, this may be big chance for Lacy to have good game.  Would be nice to see Packers back finally get 100 yards.

Just to add... Packers last 100 yard rusher in a game came against the Redskins in 2010... Brandon Jackson did it.

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
Packers by 10.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
Burnett back at practice today... Finley and Sitton held out. Not sure why.

Offline flowerpac

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »
Always be cautious of a team that got beat the week before.  They could be up for this game.  They are hungry just like the Pack.  This is going to be a close one.  Does anyone know about the skins defensive backs?  Are they good or average?

Offline flowerpac

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
I think the last time these teams met it was in Washington, and Arapko hit Rodgers with a head shot that wasn't called?  It happened near the end of the game.  The Pack was moving the ball in a close game and a penalty, that should have been called, would have given the Pack a first down.  Could have won that game.  I am sure A-Rod remembers.  Could be payback time.        Pack 34  Redskins 17

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »
I think the last time these teams met it was in Washington, and Arapko hit Rodgers with a head shot that wasn't called?  It happened near the end of the game.  The Pack was moving the ball in a close game and a penalty, that should have been called, would have given the Pack a first down.  Could have won that game.  I am sure A-Rod remembers.  Could be payback time.        Pack 34  Redskins 17

That was the start of Rodgers concussion issues that season.  Also, our Super Bowl year.

As far as Sitton and Finley, Sitton was having back issues and Finley has a hurt toe.

Offline Green19

• Rookie
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that last week the Redskins were playing catch-up all game pretty much. So last week I'm not to sure they were able to run the plays they wanted to for most of that game. I mentioned earlier that Morris only had 12 touches, yes RG3 played phenomenal last season, but Morris was a huge part of their success as well. The key is to shut down the run just like we did in SF. I really think we need to come out swinging on Sunday and have them play catch-up just like in Philly.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »
I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that last week the Redskins were playing catch-up all game pretty much. So last week I'm not to sure they were able to run the plays they wanted to for most of that game. I mentioned earlier that Morris only had 12 touches, yes RG3 played phenomenal last season, but Morris was a huge part of their success as well. The key is to shut down the run just like we did in SF. I really think we need to come out swinging on Sunday and have them play catch-up just like in Philly.

I want them to play catch-up, but maybe not as well as they did against Philly.  They only ended up losing by 6 after being down 3 scores.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
Burnett back at practice today... Finley and Sitton held out. Not sure why.

Finley hurt is toe and Sitton his back.  Evidently both were back at practice earlier today.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »

I thought it was at Lambeau and we lost by 3 in overtime after Rodgers left the game with a concussion.  Didn't Flynn start the following week in NE?

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »

I thought it was at Lambeau and we lost by 3 in overtime after Rodgers left the game with a concussion.  Didn't Flynn start the following week in NE?

Last time vs Redskins was in 2010 at Washington.

Rodgers left game vs Detroit with concussion and week after Flynn started vs Patriots in New England.

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »

Last time vs Redskins was in 2010 at Washington.

Rodgers left game vs Detroit with concussion and week after Flynn started vs Patriots in New England.

That's Finley's last game that season I believe.  A horrendous loss followed Finley's injury.