September 21, 2017, 04:26:10 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread  (Read 26184 times)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Washington v Green Bay Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
I think the last time these teams met it was in Washington, and Arapko hit Rodgers with a head shot that wasn't called?  It happened near the end of the game.  The Pack was moving the ball in a close game and a penalty, that should have been called, would have given the Pack a first down.  Could have won that game.  I am sure A-Rod remembers.  Could be payback time.        Pack 34  Redskins 17

I thought it was at Lambeau and we lost by 3 in overtime after Rodgers left the game with a concussion.  Didn't Flynn start the following week in NE?

Last time vs Redskins was in 2010 at Washington.

Rodgers left game vs Detroit with concussion and week after Flynn started vs Patriots in New England.

Maybe I was thinking of the game against the Dolphins where we lost on a last minute FG...?   confused(

Offline BartManDude

• Starter
  • 12 is the danger...
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 01:26:04 AM »

Rodgers left game vs Detroit with concussion and week after Flynn started vs Patriots in New England.

That's Finley's last game that season I believe.  A horrendous loss followed Finley's injury.

I think the last time these teams met it was in Washington, and Arapko hit Rodgers with a head shot that wasn't called?  It happened near the end of the game.  The Pack was moving the ball in a close game and a penalty, that should have been called, would have given the Pack a first down.  Could have won that game.  I am sure A-Rod remembers.  Could be payback time.        Pack 34  Redskins 17

I thought it was at Lambeau and we lost by 3 in overtime after Rodgers left the game with a concussion.  Didn't Flynn start the following week in NE?

Maybe I was thinking of the game against the Dolphins where we lost on a last minute FG...?   confused(

I think Clay was injured too in the 2010 Redskins game and then was unavailable for the Dolphins game the next week.  Lots of injuries in that game, I thought the season was over, I was wonderfully wrong :) 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:42:11 AM by BartManDude »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »

Rodgers technically did leave the Washington game. After he got hit, the Packers never got the ball back as Washington hit the winning FG in OT. If the Packers had got the ball back, its very likely Flynn would have been in.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »

Rodgers got 2 concussions that year. Washington and Detroit.

The Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins havenít played each other since 2010. In that Week 5 contest, the Donovan McNabb-led Redskins pulled out a 16-13 win at home in OT, while Packer TE Jermichael Finley suffered a season-ending injury and Aaron Rodgers suffered the first of his two concussions that year.Of course, Green Bay would eventually win the Lombardi Trophy at the end of that season.
ďItís not whether you get knocked down, itís whether you get up.Ē -V. Lombardi

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »
Sounds like Burnett and Sitton are questionable, Finley and Perry probable.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 01:08:09 PM »
Sounds like Burnett and Sitton are questionable, Finley and Perry probable.

If Sitton is out who is in? Van Roten, Newhouse or Taylor? I'd really like to get Burnett back as McMillan really looked lost back there last week.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 01:15:51 PM »
If you look at the Redskins on defense they are very thin on the defensive line. Our no huddle offense could really wreak havoc on that group and enable Lacy to take over the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Also, they are screwed if they lose a T this year. You think we're thin on the offenslive line they have Tom Compton as their lone back up tackle. Didn't we cut him a year or two ago as an undrafted free agent?

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »
If Sitton is out who is in? Van Roten, Newhouse or Taylor? I'd really like to get Burnett back as McMillan really looked lost back there last week.

Pretty sure they would move Barclay to LG and put Newhouse in at RT.

MM said that last week they had been fully preparing for Burnett to play, so at least this week McMillian will have got more reps if he's pressed again into a starter's role. Also seems like Banjo would see more action, though that seems like another disaster waiting to happen.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »

Pretty sure they would move Barclay to LG and put Newhouse in at RT.

MM said that last week they had been fully preparing for Burnett to play, so at least this week McMillian will have got more reps if he's pressed again into a starter's role. Also seems like Banjo would see more action, though that seems like another disaster waiting to happen.

I think this is correct- MM said yesterday that if Sitton can't play then Newhouse would go in.  I can't see him at guard so I would agree- Barclay goes to guard.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »
I think this is correct- MM said yesterday that if Sitton can't play then Newhouse would go in.  I can't see him at guard so I would agree- Barclay goes to guard.

Here is article at Packers.com referencing MMīs comments

If he canít, McCarthy said earlier this week that Marshall Newhouse would be the next man in on the offensive line. Newhouse has played solely tackle the past two years, so most likely Newhouse would play right tackle with Don Barclay taking over for Sitton at left guard. Newhouse would be an option at guard, too.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »

Here is article at Packers.com referencing MMīs comments

If he canít, McCarthy said earlier this week that Marshall Newhouse would be the next man in on the offensive line. Newhouse has played solely tackle the past two years, so most likely Newhouse would play right tackle with Don Barclay taking over for Sitton at left guard. Newhouse would be an option at guard, too.

If Barclay has solely worked on the right side it is possible that Lang moves back to his LG spot as well.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Lets hope Sitton can play- it would be a lot better than moving everyone around.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
If the line is getting reshuffled yet again and no Burnett I have a bad feeling about this game.   :-\  We better get after RG3 harder than we did against Kaepernick last Sunday.   :(

Offline GJennings_85

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
I have absolutely no way to watch the game other than finding a stream online.  :(

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »
Raining/misting @Lambeau.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.