September 24, 2017, 07:15:29 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bengals Game Day Thread  (Read 36699 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Bengals Game Day Thread
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »
One close game, one runaway victory. Rodgers looks great, and as goes Rodgers... Tougher SF type defense in Cincy, and a real threat in Green. Look for another close one this week.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bengals Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
I'm ready to see what our new pass rush can do against a not so mobile QB.  I'm guessing they are going to turn up the heat.

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »
I said at the beginning of the year 2-1 in these first three would be very good.  I think it is a strong possibility.  I am worried about AJ Green but our offense has looked very good two weeks in a row so I think we can out score them

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Would like to watch Bengals game tonight vs Steelers, I think they will be very tough this year.  Very good defense and AJ Green is one of the top WRs.

Dalton got sacked a lot last year, he is not very mobile.  He also throws some picks... 16 last year and already 2 vs Bears that cost them that game.  Would like to see our pass defense play well in this game and Starks to continue to run well (I doubt Lacy will be ready for game).

Offline PackerJB

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
AJ Green will absolutely kill the Packers D. 12 rec 198 yards 2 TDs.

Pack will find a way to win this one even with Green's monster game.

36-23
JayRast

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
Would like to watch Bengals game tonight vs Steelers, I think they will be very tough this year.  Very good defense and AJ Green is one of the top WRs.

Dalton got sacked a lot last year, he is not very mobile.  He also throws some picks... 16 last year and already 2 vs Bears that cost them that game.  Would like to see our pass defense play well in this game and Starks to continue to run well (I doubt Lacy will be ready for game).

They are getting their LT back from a major injury so that will be interesting to see how he does tonight. Also, the TE is a stud and their running game is nothing to laugh at. Pretty well rounded team and surprised the Bears beat them in week 1.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »
Green is obviously their main guy, but the Bengals have quite a few weapons on offense. Namely, two athletic tight ends in Gresham and Eifert, and an emerging young wideout in Sanu. I'm also curious to see how Giovani Bernard looks tonight, as I believe he was the highest-drafted running back in this year's draft. The secondary is going to have to play a whole lot better than they did against San Francisco -- which, as Hincha noted, will be much easier if the pass rush can get to Dalton.

Offline Lunchboxer

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »
Knowing Capers he will gameplan for everyone except one guy. That one guy will carry the Bengals.

I am still not completely sold on this defense. 

Offline ayt

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
I think we shut down their running game, apply decent pressure throughout, and win by 10-12+.

I'm loving our new front 7.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Knowing Capers he will gameplan for everyone except one guy. That one guy will carry the Bengals.

I am still not completely sold on this defense.
Capers gameplans for everybody. Lack of execution is how the one guy shines over everyone else.

I'm not sold on the defense either(shocking, I know), but I like everything but the pass rush. You can make the playoffs without one, but you will be exposed in the playoffs without one. Hopefully, that gets better as the season progresses.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »

Point of order for our DL :: Hands up! I think Dalton must lead the league in blocked or tipped passes - dont know if the stat is correct, but for was appears to be a big guy, he certainly has more than his share of passes interfered with.

(Note to and & all GBP DL players who read here - the above is applicable ONLY on passes NOT intended for receipt by A.J. Green. (Sorry guys - I need the FF points)  :)

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
(Note to and & all GBP DL players who read here - the above is applicable ONLY on passes NOT intended for receipt by A.J. Green. (Sorry guys - I need the FF points)  :)

Pretty sure you've got nothing to worry about!

Cincy got the W last night, but Dalton once again was criticized for missing throws. His deep ball is particularly sketchy, which should hopefully play into the hands of a hungry secondary.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

I've deleted my well intentioned statistical analysis - and fired the guy doing the analysis of the CINN/GB defenses - because the numbers were skewed......
I'll revert once I hire somebody trustworthy to read a chart.........
 :)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:50:08 AM by Leader »

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
Looks like the Bengals are favored by 3.  I am kind of surprised by this.  Hopefully the Packers go into Cincy with something to prove.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
Looks like the Bengals are favored by 3.  I am kind of surprised by this.  Hopefully the Packers go into Cincy with something to prove.

Doesn't the home team automatically get three points? So, its a "toss up" game, apparently.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid