September 24, 2017, 07:19:29 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 26567 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 30, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
Early bye, and an early "must win" against a resurgent Lions team. The Lions broke their losing streak in Washington earlier- will Lambeau be next?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
ESPN is doing a series of the closest Lions got to winning in the streak this week...  I was just finishing college last time Lions won in Lambeau/Milwaukee.

Everyone should remember the game they posted today>
http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/1279/green-bay-packers-streak-vs-detroit-lions-jan-1-2012

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
These division games worry me a lot more than others. The past few years the Lions seem to have acquired some talent on both sides of the ball yet they also seem to implode as the season wears on. Is this the year that they finally get it together and make a run for the division? I don't know but this game will come down to what happens in the trenches. If the Pack can block their front 4/7 then I think AR will shred those DB's. On the flip side, Bush has proven to be a good addition so far and the Packers D will have it's hands full containing him and Megatron. Pressure up front will help that but it might come down to a shootout again.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »
These division games worry me a lot more than others. The past few years the Lions seem to have acquired some talent on both sides of the ball yet they also seem to implode as the season wears on. Is this the year that they finally get it together and make a run for the division? I don't know but this game will come down to what happens in the trenches. If the Pack can block their front 4/7 then I think AR will shred those DB's. On the flip side, Bush has proven to be a good addition so far and the Packers D will have it's hands full containing him and Megatron. Pressure up front will help that but it might come down to a shootout again.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Our two major areas of focus should be stopping their offensive skill players (as much as possible anyway; Calvin will make plays, but Bush can be contained) and keeping their defensive front four at bay.

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Our two major areas of focus should be stopping their offensive skill players (as much as possible anyway; Calvin will make plays, but Bush can be contained) and keeping their defensive front four at bay.

I'd throw in turnovers as well.  The Packers have committed an uncharacteristically high number of them thus far.

But you're right:  Sitton and Lang will need to continue to build off their impressive play against the Bengals.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »
Something tells me this will be a tough out....

Green Bay 37 V Lions 31
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Green Bay Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy was cleared following his Week 2 concussion.

Per Rob Demvosky
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
We can't let the DT's of Detriot take over the game. We have a running game and give Rodgers time we'll torch that defense. Hoping Burnett and Hayward are back, if so, Detriot is in trouble. I take what Bush did against Chicago without Melton with a grain of salt. The Bears are soft up the middle. Green Bay is not.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 07:35:34 AM »
Rodgers will not throw 3 INTs and fumble another one like Cutler did last Sunday.  Also, Detroit was a little careless with the ball too.   They had one INT and a couple of fumbles and that probably was the reason the Bears came back some in this game (we didn't get the game down in here in southwest FL).  If we can get Lacy going and not the turn the ball over I like our chances.  TOs just killed us in our 2 loses so far this season.

It has been several years since the Lions won in GB so if you just look at the law of averages one of these times they will win one at Lambeau.  I pray this isn't the year.  We are already 2 games behind them and the Bears and I sure don't want to be 3 behind this early in the season!   :o

Offline Half Empty

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 07:15:12 AM »
Better than being 2-3 games behind late in the season.   :)

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
First time since 1992 that Jason Hanson will not be making the trip with the Lions... how strange that they will have a different kicker.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
On a different forum I read that someone posted that Finley tweeted he had good news.  Anyone that follows tweets (I do not) can confirm this.  Imagine either way will find out today more with injury report coming out.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:24 AM »
On a different forum I read that someone posted that Finley tweeted he had good news.  Anyone that follows tweets (I do not) can confirm this.  Imagine either way will find out today more with injury report coming out.

Yeah, I saw that. His entire tweet was:

"Good News. #GoPackGo"

... which hopefully implies that he's been cleared, and that Monday was just a rest day for him. We'll find out today.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »
Finley, Bush, Kuhn all returned today. Burnett, Lacy also practiced again. Matthews, Starks, Hayward, Van Roten out.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »
Finley, Bush, Kuhn all returned today. Burnett, Lacy also practiced again. Matthews, Starks, Hayward, Van Roten out.

Not an offense we want to play without those two guys. We'll survive without Starks and Van Roten, but Matthews to bring heat and Hayward to cover the slot, vital IMO.

Burnett has practiced in weeks before and didn't play and we really need him as well.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "