September 21, 2017, 04:23:12 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 26459 times)

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
i agree that the performance of our OL will probably determine the outcome of this one.  if we can buy just enough time for Rodgers, he should be able to carve up their secondary.  our pass-catching weapons are a huge mismatch against their scrub DBs.

i think our front 7 should be able to contain Bush pretty well, although the Lions OL has been playing better this year since they've added some new blood.  Burnett back in action should help -- hopefully he's not too rusty since he's probably going to be playing the help on Calvin Johnson's side.  personally i'd like to see Shields matched up on Johnson most of the day with the safety shading his way.

a couple things i'm looking for improvement on in this game:  Nick Perry bringing some heat and the LBs in general checking Bush in the passing and screen game.  i'd love to see Datone Jones break out (or at least get some solid reps).  i think we'll see Rodgers rebound nicely, i can see him throwing for 400+ yards again.

Offline ricky38

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
When does the injury report come out?

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »
On a different forum I read that someone posted that Finley tweeted he had good news.  Anyone that follows tweets (I do not) can confirm this.  Imagine either way will find out today more with injury report coming out.

Yeah, I saw that. His entire tweet was:

"Good News. #GoPackGo"

... which hopefully implies that he's been cleared, and that Monday was just a rest day for him. We'll find out today.

I was thinking contract extension almost worked out but hey, him available for Sunday is also good news.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »
How are the injuries coming along? I had heard the Lions had a few and someone mention that Megatron hasn't practiced this week. I haven't had a chance to scour the net for the reports.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
Matthews practiced fully today, a good sign for his playing on Sunday

Hayward was in pads for the first time since TC as a limited participant.  Hopefully he'll be back within the next couple weeks.

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Matthews practiced fully today, a good sign for his playing on Sunday

Hayward was in pads for the first time since TC as a limited participant.  Hopefully he'll be back within the next couple weeks.

Thanks Maz. Hopefully CM3's hammy isn't too bad where he has to miss games this season. Can't wait to see how Lacy does this week too and if the o-line can continue to run block at a high level.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Online claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
Yea man I wanna see them run it for like 400 yards not pass it haha.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »
How good (or bad) is Detroit's run D?

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »
How good (or bad) is Detroit's run D?

Pretty good! AP went for a think 78 on his first carry and did not get to 100 against them. Their tackels can dominate, but if they commit to stopping the run, their poor secondary will get exposed and Rodgers will torch.

Online claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »
Yea Detroit really does have a bad secondary. Which is hard to believe when you have CJ to practice against. You would hope they get a little bit better.

Packers will win this game because this is really a must win game.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
Yea Detroit really does have a bad secondary. Which is hard to believe when you have CJ to practice against. You would hope they get a little bit better.

Packers will win this game because this is really a must win game.

I hope you are right.  We can't afford to fall further and further behind.   :-\

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
Yea Detroit really does have a bad secondary.

Could be worse if Houston and/or Delmas are out with injury.  Houston has hamstring injury and has not practiced all week... Delmas practiced on limited basis yersterday.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 08:47:56 AM »
Yea Detroit really does have a bad secondary.

Could be worse if Houston and/or Delmas are out with injury.  Houston has hamstring injury and has not practiced all week... Delmas practiced on limited basis yersterday.

Delmas will be on the injury report every week because he has no regard for his body.

Online claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
I like our chances this Sunday. If they can run the ball against that 20th ranked rushing defense it's over. I really want them to run the ball more.

Offline henry64

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
I noticed on Green Bay's injury report that Van Roten is listed out w/ a foot injury.  Does anyone know who our backup center will be for this game?