November 23, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Browns v. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 31436 times)

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Browns v. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
Take King off the list of wr's...Denver wants him.....
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
Run the ball.

Put Lacy and Franklin on the field at the same time.

It's time for Finley to step up.

What he said.

What they said.

I'd love to see this, I feel we can use Franklin in a Sproles type manner.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 01:48:16 PM »
Bulaga, Sherrod, Matthews, Perry. Four first round picks out. Add Cobb and Hayward to that list (both were second rounders who would be first rounders if those drafts were re-done).

That is a lot to overcome, A LOT. Virtually no team could weather that kind of loss and keep a solid record, but the Packers just might.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
Bulaga, Sherrod, Matthews, Perry. Four first round picks out. Add Cobb and Hayward to that list (both were second rounders who would be first rounders if those drafts were re-done).

That is a lot to overcome, A LOT. Virtually no team could weather that kind of loss and keep a solid record, but the Packers just might.

You can add Worthy as another 2nd Rd pick though he wouldn't go in the 1st if there was a re-draft.  We will be missing 4 firsts and 3 seconds....ouch.

Maybe we should be having a poll to vote on who goes down next.  Nelson and Neal are suddenly extremely important to the team so that is who I will go with!

On a serious note, all these injuries sure do take the fun out of watching football.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:00:14 PM by Beast Light »

Offline classicpack

• Second String
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
I could see them using Franklin kind of like a Reggie Bush was used in NO.  Line him up in the slot as a receiver.  Throw him quick passes or wheel routes and maybe use him on a counter.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 02:50:38 PM »
If you look league wide, you'll notice a lot of important players being injured for extended periods of time. Will the NFL finally look at this and decide that expanding the regular season schedule to 18 games is just too much? Especially since this is happening in an atmosphere of the league trying to make the game safer for the players.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
If you look league wide, you'll notice a lot of important players being injured for extended periods of time. Will the NFL finally look at this and decide that expanding the regular season schedule to 18 games is just too much? Especially since this is happening in an atmosphere of the league trying to make the game safer for the players.

No they want more money. Until someone dies on the field they will continue to put up a front that they care about player safety. Mostly because it creates bad press and possible revenue declines. There will be an 18 game schedule followed by the start of the final sissyfication of football. QBs will be allowed to spike the ball in order to avoid sacks and WRs can't ever receive big hits from defenders could be a real reality in 5 years.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
They will just make the roster bigger so they can have more fodder for the money cannon.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
Reminder....this is the Game Day thread so let's try and stay on topic.

There are other places where the last couple of posts could go.

Thanks.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »
Run the ball.

What he said.

What they said.

Huh? What'd they say?  :)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »
You ask me, I see a bit of Cutler in Weeden.
Hit him, pressure him, sack him - the ball will be flying everywhere and we can work on our giveaway/takeaway ratio.
Problem will be minus Clay and others doing that as they've more weapons in the passing game to respect than Baltimore.

One things for sure - we cant take on more water by losing people to injury. We'll be fielding the ball boy at WR at this pace.... 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:57:38 PM by Leader »

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »
Run the ball.

What he said.

What they said.

Huh? What'd they say?  :)

Yup, more than two is they...I always thought.

hatsoff)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 11:38:08 PM »
Jordan Cameron is gonna be one of the best tight ends we face this year. Gonna be a challenge defending against him.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »
So I was thinking about what are the most dangerous players the Browns have.  Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon are the two that come to mind.  I think Shields can shut down Gordon, and I will be curious to see how they handle Cameron.  Maybe stick Lattimore to him and go like that?  He played well and seemed to be solid in his tackles last game, I think he can stick with Cameron.

Our offense worries me a tad more.  The Browns defense is no joke, and they have a bit of a mean side.

On another note, an interesting tid-bit I found while looking up team stats on ESPN, Green Bay is tied for third in the league with 10 forced fumbles so far this season, including our bye week.  The problem with that is that we have only recovered 4 of them.  The teams around us have collected at least 7 of the fumbles they've forced.  Maybe MM was onto something with the fumble/scramble drill thing that JC Tretter was hurt doing in training camp.  The way things are going, our defense is playing solid and not getting my turnovers.  And we cannot say the opportunities aren't there because they have been.  One step forward, one step back maybe?  Hoping for an improvement this week!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:43:41 PM by jthiel86 »
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 02:05:43 AM »
Good point about Shields covering Gordon. He's a dynamic receiver, but I think Shields matches up well. Greg Little is more of a possession guy, meaning he'll probably sit in the zone and catch a bunch of easy passes while everyone on the board chastises Capers.