November 22, 2017, 10:31:20 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 23510 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
Significant stats from last night's game: Freeman threw 50 times; Peterson ran 13 times. This is insanely bad offensive game planning. Reminds me of the playoff game against the Packers last season. If Webb had run more and passed less, the game could have been a win for Minny. Because the next week, Kaepernick exploited the QB run to the record book.

A concern for this game is Freeman deciding to have a good game Sunday night. Something like what Ponder did the two times he played the Packers last year. All it takes is a fluke game to make things much too interesting. And I'll freely admit that this is definitely "straw grasping", because the Vikings are really bad, from the front office to the players on the field. Just trying to not be overconfident. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
Curious for those living west of St. Croix River...   do you expect a lot of Packers fans at this game seeing how Vikings season has gone thus far?

I would guess so but this is the Vikings Super Bowl so maybe the fans will give them one more chance.  I work on a college campus in Minnesota and I saw three people wearing Vikings apparel all day yesterday!  Not a lot of team loyalty right now

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
i agree that we need to be wary going into this game.  this is one of those "playing for pride" scenarios for the Vikings.  players like Peterson, Jared Allen, and (hate to admit it anymore) Greg Jennings have a lot of pride.

that being said, even with all our injuries, we outclass the Vikings in talent.  we need to make sure to keep the safeties deep enough to prevent the big play.  Freeman has a big arm and we know Jennings can get deep and adjust to catch even poorly thrown deep balls.  i think our front 7 is tough enough to contain Peterson without brining 8 in the box every play.

the Vikings' rookie WR Patterson looks like a playmaker on returns, so we'll have to get our coverage units cleaned up after last week, make sure the new faces can hack it.

on a related note, i loved seeing the buyers' remorse kick into full effect for Greg Jennings less than halfway through a season!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »
If we don't give up a free TD via turnover or on ST, keep J. Allen out of the backfield, contain Peterson and don't commit stupid penalties we should get out of there with a W.

Online Pack Man

• Second String
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
I'm wondering why Jennings, and the other Viking receivers, hadn't taken the pressure off their QB, (by admitting) they all ran the wrong route's. 

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline bigbubbatd

• All Pro
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
What percentage of Masthay's kickoffs in dooms have been touch backs?  He could easily neutralize Patterson.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »
Freeman has a big arm and is hard to bring down.  If he's inaccurate, and throws at least one pick, both of which are normal for him, the Packers should win.  But if he happens to be on his game and is in good-accuracy mode, it may not be so easy. 

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »
Freeman has a big arm and is hard to bring down.  If he's inaccurate, and throws at least one pick, both of which are normal for him, the Packers should win.  But if he happens to be on his game and is in good-accuracy mode, it may not be so easy.

Packers defense could improve on creating a few more turnovers.  Maybe the big improvement comes this week.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
The Wednesday media interview is with Greg Jennings from Vikings this week, Packers.com always has it posted afterwards the actual interview.  Will be interesting what he has to say.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 06:33:06 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267764/article/josh-freeman-gamble-costs-freefalling-vikings-in-loss

I wish this article would have been written next week. Even though I didn't come from us it has to be eihter bulletin board material for the Vikings to rally around Freeman and play their best game of the year, or they mutiny. I don't see mutiny happening just yet with them and for some reason this game scares me.

Of course, I thought the Cleveland game was going to be a nail biter as well.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Half Empty

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:58 AM »
As always, though, the Pack did manage to bring some suspense into the outcome of the Cleveland game.  Great first and last quarters - the middle, not so much.   :)

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »
Apparently Ponder is starting after all. Freeman has a concussion or something.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline ricky38

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
Curious for those living west of St. Croix River...   do you expect a lot of Packers fans at this game seeing how Vikings season has gone thus far?

I talked to one of my companies suppliers Viking Forest and he said tickets to the game should be easy to get because it will be Packer fans fighting over the tickets. We all know what front runners Viking fans are.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

Ponder being back in is better for the GB defense as they've played against him in recent years and Freeman has that intangible quality of being able to hit on longer throws.