November 19, 2017, 04:18:05 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bears v. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 38051 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Bears v. Packers Game Day Thread
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Monday night football after a Sunday night game. The Bears will be without Cutler (is that good or bad?). The Jones' should both be back (WR and LB). Lance Briggs will not be playing. Unless something weird happens, it'll be another week of us trying to find reasons to worry.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline banman7320

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Bears v. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »
So, can we make it to 200 yards on the ground vs the Bears?  Would be sweet.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
I really like the Packers chances in this game, their DL is horrible and now Briggs is out as well after they already lost DJ Williams for season.  I see the Packers scoring a lot of points.

Bears still have a lot of weapons on offense, hopefully Capers can put together game plan to confuse McCown.

Rodgers career record 9-2 vs Bears.

All time series record 91-87-6 in favor of Bears.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
Is it at Chicago or Green Bay? 

Packers should be strong favorites.  weird, but after all the injuries the Packers may be approaching a point where their health is actually in very good shape, and perhaps much healthier than opponents. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
I was skepitcal of the Vikings game, but this is going to be a beatdown. I don't think the Bears can stop our running game and with the probably return of James Jones will be more than challenged to slow us down at all.

Bears are down 2 DT's to IR, another one is out against us I believe. They also lost DJ Williams to IR their second best LBer and Briggs who won't play against us either.

On offense the right side of their offensive line has been leaking oil badly lately with the two rookies and they will be extremely challenged to run the ball against us. Passing with McNown could be fun to watch even though they have their best corp of weapons in the passing game maybe, ever. The return of Jones and Perry should aid our cause, although Lattimore should find a package or two to stay on the field, he deserves it.

The return to health of our players will aid our special teams as well. They suffered more than any group as a result of the injuries.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
Is it at Chicago or Green Bay? 

Packers should be strong favorites.  weird, but after all the injuries the Packers may be approaching a point where their health is actually in very good shape, and perhaps much healthier than opponents.
At Lambeau next Monday

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
Wounded Bears can be very dangerous. Even though this is a home game, and the Packers have been virtually unbeatable in Lambeau lately, expect a tough game. Why?

1. The longest, most bitter rivalry in the NFL. These teams just don't like each other.
2. Even though battered, so were the Packers, and overcame adversity. The Bears have been down lately, but a game against a reviled foe could be just what the doctor ordered.
3. Deven Hester has better than Cordarelle Patterson for quite some time.
4. The Bears TE, Bennett, could have a strong impact against Packers LBers.
5. Forte always seems to come to play against the Pack.

And that's just off the top of my head.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
Packers are a 11 point fav
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »

Really?   :o

Will James Jones and Nick Perry be back? 

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
the Bears run defense has been brutal since their star DT Henry Melton went down for the year.  losing Briggs and DJ Williams only poured salt on the wound.  that being said, their secondary is still skilled and opportunistic.  i expect a heavy dose of Lacy and Starks.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »
the Bears run defense has been brutal since their star DT Henry Melton went down for the year.  losing Briggs and DJ Williams only poured salt on the wound.  that being said, their secondary is still skilled and opportunistic.  i expect a heavy dose of Lacy and Starks.

I am not sure I agree,

Da bears best DB, cornerback Charles Tillman missed the fourth quarter in the Bears loss to the Redskins, suffering from a recurring knee injury that has been nagging him all year. He did NOT pratice Monday but the Bears are hoping Tillman can play against the Packers next Monday night. But even if he does play, it remains to be seen how well his knee will hold up and how well he will perform at less than 100%. The Bears safeties Major Wright and Chris Conte have been terrible, and looked especially brutal against Washington.

The Bears miss more than superb DT Henry Melton, they miss Israel Idonije, currently with the Lions and Sedrick Ellis who they signed to take his place — Ellis retired on the eve of training camp and the Bears’ defensive line situation has gone progressively downhill from there.

Rookie LB Khaseem Greene is slated to replace Lance Briggs at weakside linebacker spot for his 1st NFL start, joining rookie Jon Bostic, who in his 2nd NFL start will be trying his best to be a learn on the job as a replacement D.J. Williams. 

Da bears 29th ranked scoring defense has been giving up nearly 30 points per game (a TD, 7 points more than the Packers) and their 26th yards per game total of 391 per game is 60 more yds per game than the 11th ranked Packers defense.

If there is a team that is more beat up than the Packers this season it is da bears. With a journeyman QB starting and a descimated defense, I expect da bears to fight hard early but eventally get blown out by an ascending and getting healthier Packer squad at Lambeau.

But one never knows for sure how division rivalry games will play out - I look forward to some Monday night football!!!
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
the Bears run defense has been brutal since their star DT Henry Melton went down for the year.  losing Briggs and DJ Williams only poured salt on the wound.  that being said, their secondary is still skilled and opportunistic. i expect a heavy dose of Lacy and Starks.

VERY, VERY TRUE. And you know they'll be looking to strip these young and inexperienced Packer receivers, including Quarless who I think is pretty lax with his ball security.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »

Really?   :o

Will James Jones and Nick Perry be back?
5Dimes.eu   
CHI: +11
GB: -11   -125
+105
49.5 O/U   o: -110
u: -110
CHI: 415
GB: -525
BOVADA   
CHI: +11
GB: -11   -110
50 O/U   o: -110
CHI: 430
GB: -575
BETONLINE.ag   
CHI: +10.5
GB: -10.5   -110
CHI: 420
GB: -515
Fantasy911.com   
CHI: +11.5
GB: -11.5   -110
CHI: 430
GB: -575
SportsBetting.ag   
CHI: +10.5
GB: -10.5   -110
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »

I am not sure I agree,

Da bears best DB, cornerback Charles Tillman missed the fourth quarter in the Bears loss to the Redskins, suffering from a recurring knee injury that has been nagging him all year. He did NOT pratice Monday but the Bears are hoping Tillman can play against the Packers next Monday night. But even if he does play, it remains to be seen how well his knee will hold up and how well he will perform at less than 100%. The Bears safeties Major Wright and Chris Conte have been terrible, and looked especially brutal against Washington.

The Bears miss more than superb DT Henry Melton, they miss Israel Idonije, currently with the Lions and Sedrick Ellis who they signed to take his place — Ellis retired on the eve of training camp and the Bears’ defensive line situation has gone progressively downhill from there.

Rookie LB Khaseem Greene is slated to replace Lance Briggs at weakside linebacker spot for his 1st NFL start, joining rookie Jon Bostic, who in his 2nd NFL start will be trying his best to be a learn on the job as a replacement D.J. Williams. 

Da bears 29th ranked scoring defense has been giving up nearly 30 points per game (a TD, 7 points more than the Packers) and their 26th yards per game total of 391 per game is 60 more yds per game than the 11th ranked Packers defense.

If there is a team that is more beat up than the Packers this season it is da bears. With a journeyman QB starting and a descimated defense, I expect da bears to fight hard early but eventally get blown out by an ascending and getting healthier Packer squad at Lambeau.

But one never knows for sure how division rivalry games will play out - I look forward to some Monday night football!!!

i didn't know about the Tillman injury, that could be an advantage.  their D gives up yards, but over the years they've always been able to create turnovers and this year (despite the injuries) seems to be no exception.  they've had 10 picks, tied for 6th in the league, and lead the league with 15 forced fumbles.

if we can avoid turnovers, we shouldn't have much trouble moving the ball against them.  it's also worth noting that the bears have a paltry 11 sacks on the year, tied for 29th in the league (Detroit with their hyped-up DL is last with only 10).

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 07:31:46 AM »
Wounded Bears can be very dangerous. Even though this is a home game, and the Packers have been virtually unbeatable in Lambeau lately, expect a tough game. Why?

1. The longest, most bitter rivalry in the NFL. These teams just don't like each other.
2. Even though battered, so were the Packers, and overcame adversity. The Bears have been down lately, but a game against a reviled foe could be just what the doctor ordered.
3. Deven Hester has better than Cordarelle Patterson for quite some time.
4. The Bears TE, Bennett, could have a strong impact against Packers LBers.
5. Forte always seems to come to play against the Pack.

And that's just off the top of my head.
1. Packers have owned the Bears over the last 5 years.
2. Packers overcame adversity because of their QB. Bears don't have one.
3. The Packers have written the book on shutting down Hester. Masthay has made him a non factor.
4. Yawn. Heard this one before. Hasn't been an issue.
5. Forte can't throw. They aren't going to win just running the ball.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith