September 23, 2017, 07:41:54 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bears v. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 34861 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Bears v. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »

Hincha: Well Greg Jennings stated, "Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below"

Wonder how it looks from down there?   :)

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »

Hincha: Well Greg Jennings stated, "Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below"

Wonder how it looks from down there?   :)

At least they are being brainwashed with the truth. This guy brainwashed himself into thinking he could make Christian Ponder look like a competent QB.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »
OK guys it's Thursday. Who is practicing and who isn't for the Pack? Inquiring minds want to know who is in and who is out Monday.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel   

Only four players were missing: WR James Jones (knee), LB Clay Matthews (thumb), LB Nick Perry (foot) and TE Jermichael Finley (neck).

Returning to practice was TE Ryan Taylor.

The Packers did not start the clock on PUP members Jerel Worthy and Sean Richardson, which could be a sign they aren't looking to activate either one this season. They still have three weeks before they have to make a decision, which is also the maximum a player can practice while on PUP.

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
 thumbsup)
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel   

Only four players were missing: WR James Jones (knee), LB Clay Matthews (thumb), LB Nick Perry (foot) and TE Jermichael Finley (neck).

Returning to practice was TE Ryan Taylor.

The Packers did not start the clock on PUP members Jerel Worthy and Sean Richardson, which could be a sign they aren't looking to activate either one this season. They still have three weeks before they have to make a decision, which is also the maximum a player can practice while on PUP.

Well that is still disappointing in that Perry supposedly practiced last week and Jones was hopeful he could play two weeks ago. I was also hoping Worthy would be brought back this year, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. It doesn't appear they want to take a chance with Richardson and if they IR him, expect his release in the offseason.

I assume Tretter hasn't started practicing yet either but his name is absent from the report.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:58:27 PM by golfman »

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 04:16:36 PM »
Well that is still disappointing in that Perry supposedly practiced last week and Jones was hopeful he could play two weeks ago. I was also hoping Worthy would be brought back this year, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. It doesn't appear they want to take a chance with Richardson and if they IR him, expect his release in the offseason.

Hmmm... injury report has James Jones as LP... that would indicate he was there.  Must have been very, very limited if above true.  Nick Perry was DNP and agree that is disappointing after the news last week.

Brad Jones was full participant.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
I read that because it's a Monday night game, that they are treating Thursday as if it's Wednesday for a normal week.

They won't make a decision on Jones until Saturday because (as a veteran of this offense) he would only need one day of prep.

Perry must not be as far along as they thought. I hope they didn't cause a setback due to letting him practice (some) last week.  :(

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
Green Bay 31 V Chicago 20
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
Anyone more than 40 years old should remember this great ending to Packers / Bears game.  I remember watching the game with my dad in basement at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2fHoUkG2g

I was at that game and I'll never forget it!  Wins back then were few and far between and beating the Bears was even sweeter.   8)

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »
With Cutler and Briggs out, plus playing at home this should be the easiest game of the year for the Pack.

Packers win by 14.

If we don't turn it over or give them a freebie TD like we did Sunday night on the opening kickoff we should win this game.  Divisional games can be a battle but the Bears are beat up, especially on D.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
Anyone more than 40 years old should remember this great ending to Packers / Bears game.  I remember watching the game with my dad in basement at the time.

I was at that game and I'll never forget it!  Wins back then were few and far between and beating the Bears was even sweeter.   8)

Other than the NFC Championship game, you simply cannot beat the heartbreak in Chicago over that one. This is the GREATEST victory over the Bears. Ditka put an asterisk in the record book next to the score because of replay. He referred to it as the replay game and it drove him nuts.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=majkowski+beats+bears+on+final+play

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »

Other than the NFC Championship game, you simply cannot beat the heartbreak in Chicago over that one. This is the GREATEST victory over the Bears. Ditka put an asterisk in the record book next to the score because of replay. He referred to it as the replay game and it drove him nuts.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=majkowski+beats+bears+on+final+play
On a side note, the Bears media guide no longer has the asterisk.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »

I also remember that game. Ditka, who was the coach at the time, was so upset by the play that he ordered that an asterick (*) be placed by the loss in the official Bears records. He thought the ball had been touched by a Packer before Marcol touched it, or something else illegal happened.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
I think we are getting the games mixed up.  The first vid shows the Marcol victory in 1980.  The game Ditka put the asterisk on was the 1989 instant replay game.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:34 AM »

I remember this game well...  was in college in the dorm room with all my buddies on the floor watching this game.  We got the last laugh with our buddy that was a Bears fan.... he gave it to us in 1987 when Kevin Butler made the last second 52 yard field goal.