September 23, 2017, 07:51:55 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL (non Rodgers) Eagles v. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 29458 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL (non Rodgers) Eagles v. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 06:52:31 PM »
Clay Matthews is planning to play Sunday! That can only help, even though he's playing with the club:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9942477/clay-matthews-green-bay-packers-expects-return-sunday

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »
OK, for some reason, as the game gets closer, I'm starting to feel more and more optimistic about Sunday. A lot depends on Wallace, of course, but there are some reasons for optimism.

CMIII and Perry should be back. Wallace will be playing with a game plan designed for him, not Rodgers. The running game is stunningly better than anticipated. The psychological impact of Rodgers' loss will be missing- it seemed the entire team simply lost steam when AR was hurt. The defense should tackle better, as they did for the previous games. The Eagles defense is very suspect. Newhouse should be better knowing he's the starter again. Last, but certainly not least, it is almost inconceivable that the Packers would lose at Lambeau two weeks in a row.

The Bears game was a "perfect storm" of bad circumstances for the Packers. This week, the clouds should part, and the sun should shine on a Packers victory.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
MM said Lang practiced today and has a good shot to play on Sunday. That would be a big boost, both in terms of keeping the running game going and giving Wallace time to throw. Defense must step up. We're 1.0-1.5 point favourites.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
MM said Lang practiced today and has a good shot to play on Sunday. That would be a big boost, both in terms of keeping the running game going and giving Wallace time to throw.

Thanks for that note... agree that would be huge if he can play.

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »
I am not optimistic about this Sunday, but that's probably a good sign.  It seems like every time I begin to doubt MM's teams, they answer the bell in a big way.

This weekend vs PHI should tell a lot about whether this team will be able to hang on for a month or so without Rodgers.  I would not be surprised if Wallace looks much better vs PHI, and I would be equally unsurprised to see him struggle badly.  I am in wait and see mode.  If GB can handle PHI, the upcoming games vs MIN and ATL also seem manageable.  Without Rodgers, winning on he road @DET and @NYG may be a tall order.

Offline GB Jim

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Wallace does not need to win this game by himself. Just throw often enough and long enough to keep everyone out of the box. We have the running backs. GB cannot get into a shootout though, and that is what Philly will be trying for with the up tempo offense. Play calling will be crucial. I have tickets (Brown County) to this game, and will do my best to make noise. Trouble is this is the Gold package, not sure why but the Milwaukee crowd never is as loud as the Green Bay crowd.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »
Wallace does not need to win this game by himself. Just throw often enough and long enough to keep everyone out of the box. We have the running backs. GB cannot get into a shootout though, and that is what Philly will be trying for with the up tempo offense. Play calling will be crucial. I have tickets (Brown County) to this game, and will do my best to make noise. Trouble is this is the Gold package, not sure why but the Milwaukee crowd never is as loud as the Green Bay crowd.

I am just not confident about this game. If you were a DC you'd stack the box and dare GB to throw with Wallace and the depleted receiving corp. It's not like we're just rolling out our backup QB, he's down a few weapons. Nothing I saw about Wallace throwing the football gives me much confidence he'll 'be better with a week of reps.' He has a weak arm and no velocity on the ball. More troubling is it appears he's lost his legs and that was his strength, his ability to run which seems negated.

In order to win we need either a special team or defensive TD. I see our offense struggling, especially in the red zone which had been struggling with Aaron Rodgers so why would anyone think that would improve with the JV QB.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
One good thing is our receiving corps will be better with James Jones back closer to 100% plus Seneca has had this week of practice to work with James, Jordy and Jarrett.  Wallace is an accurate short area passer and that might be all we need tomorrow.

Offline flowerpac

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
I'm with Beagle except the trade Rodgers part.

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
http://blog.packers.com/2013/11/10/bakhtiari-b-jones-banjo-are-sundays-captains/

Bakhtiari, Brad Jones, and Banjo names team captains today.  Surprised to see 2 rookies in there as veterans are usually named to those spots.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »
This must mean Brad is close to 100% so that is a big deal for today's game!

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
This must mean Brad is close to 100% so that is a big deal for today's game!

Yes, but does that mean Lattimore goes back to special teams only? I don't think so, he's played too well not to be given some defensive snaps.

Matthews is in I'm not sure about Perry. What about Sherrod? Anybody give him any chance of being active today?

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 10:38:37 AM »
Inactives for today

10 WR Chris Harper
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
25 CB James Nixon
55 LB Andy Mulumba
78 T Derek Sherrod
93 DE Josh Boyd
98 DE C.J. Wilson

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »
Inactives for today

10 WR Chris Harper
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
25 CB James Nixon
55 LB Andy Mulumba
78 T Derek Sherrod
93 DE Josh Boyd
98 DE C.J. Wilson

Funny here is the last player on the list of Packer inactives on NFL.com.

Justin Wilson WR Inactive

Who is this guy and I do not believe he's even a Packer.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:41:44 AM by golfman »

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
Something tells me that someone at NFL.com fat fingered the CJ Wilson entry

WR Justin Wilson was an early camp cut.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:46:30 AM by Mazrimiv »