September 23, 2017, 06:01:20 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread  (Read 27466 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »
Another week, another game, another challenge. This is a game that will tell us a lot. Can Tolzien lead the Packers to TD's? Can the defense finally get itself straightened out? Will the Packers have 22 healthy players to finish the game? Never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
I think Tolzien has a chance to be a very decent back up QB in this league, but that won't be our problem. If Barclay and EDS are out we are in deep, deep do do. The Giants pass rushers are getting healthy and so is there run game which helps Eli in play action.

This is just not a good match up for us right now.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
I was very optimistic for this game 2 weeks ago....  going into Eagles game still optimistic.  Unfortunately now I think Giants take this game.

Our defense does not instill confidence... they have to limit teams to 20 points to give Packers a chance to win.  I do not see defense doing that at New York.  I think Tolzein will be better this week after taking all the reps... but if EDS and Barclay are out, running game will also take a hit.  I still think offense could potentially put up 20 points... but I do not think defense will rise to the occasion and Giants will score 20+.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
We have to admit to ourselves that this season is ruined.  Injuries have decimated this squad and you can only plug so many holes for so long.  One good thing in a perverted way that Rodgers' injury showed is Aaron's stellar play covered up a hell of lot of warts.  Maybe it was good for the coaching staff and TT to really get a slap in the face and now these problems will be addressed this offseason.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
We have to admit to ourselves that this season is ruined.  Injuries have decimated this squad and you can only plug so many holes for so long.  One good thing in a perverted way that Rodgers' injury showed is Aaron's stellar play covered up a hell of lot of warts.  Maybe it was good for the coaching staff and TT to really get a slap in the face and now these problems will be addressed this offseason.
No we don't. They are still in contention for the Division and the playoffs.  This quitters mentality is getting quite annoying.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »
No we don't. They are still in contention for the Division and the playoffs.  This quitters mentality is getting quite annoying.

Agree!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Anybody have the injury status of our walking wounded from yesterday as it pertains to the G-Men game?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »

Agree!!

"Everything will be all right in the end. And if its not all right, its not the end."

Never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »

+1.....Props to you..
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline davemobes32

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
The fan in me wants to agree. The objective observer can't.
I've rooted for the Packers in New York, Boston, Quantico, VA, Camp Lejeune NC, Camp Pendleton CA, Camp Leatherneck Afghanistan, and Manas Kyrgyzstan.

Offline Phishtar

• Second String
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
The fan in me wants to agree. The objective observer can't.

Being objective when it comes to sports can get kind of boring, don't you think?   And besides, if you're objective then you can't say the Packers are out of it. Look at how fast the season turned for Green Bay. In a week they lose Rodgers and lose two home games and they find themselves starting Scott Tolzein.   The pendulum can swing both ways.  There's 7 more games left.  Are we really supposed to just assume anything at this point?  Nobody knows exactly when Rodgers will come back ... but then he could be back for the Lions game.  And then again he may come back in the middle of December.  So if you are going to be objective then you really can't say one way or the other what the season holds for the Packers. 

Offline Half Empty

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
Objectively, I'd say the Packers are in a lot more trouble than they were a few weeks ago.   :)

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
Objectively, injuries can occur to other teams.  The Lions lose Stafford and Calvin Johnson, and the Bears lose Marshall, then things look a lot better for the Packers.  Right now though, things look tougher than they did in 2010 when Rodgers went down for a week and a half.

We'll see though.  That's why they still play the games.  Here's to hoping that Tolzien turns into Tom Brady II, and we can trade Aaron for three first round picks, winning 5 superbowls in a row as a result.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
Objectively, injuries can occur to other teams.  The Lions lose Stafford and Calvin Johnson, and the Bears lose Marshall, then things look a lot better for the Packers.  Right now though, things look tougher than they did in 2010 when Rodgers went down for a week and a half.

We'll see though.  That's why they still play the games.  Here's to hoping that Tolzien turns into Tom Brady II, and we can trade Aaron for three first round picks, winning 5 superbowls in a row as a result.
[/quote

The Bears just lost Peanut Tillman for the year. It's the Lions division to lose at this point and don't put nothing past the Lions.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

Who the hell is quitting?  I'm not playing but I'm being realistic.  The ONLY way we win the division is if we can find a way to win a couple of these games before Rodgers returns.  Unless our defense improves and we can get Barclay and/or EDS back on the O line it will be damn difficult to win in NJ on Sunday.  We are already a game behind and Detroit has a pretty easy schedule.  Will AR be back for Thanksgiving? Maybe.  If he isn't I don't like our chances in that game either.  With SF and Carolina playing lights out the WC will be a stretch unless one of these teams tanks and Chicago folds up going down the stretch.  I hope you are right and we can still win the division but with all of our injuries I think its gonna be a miracle if we do.    :'(