November 19, 2017, 10:06:42 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread  (Read 30239 times)

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »
If this was at home with Tolzien and a week of practice I'd give them a chance, but with NY on a roll at home its not looking so good.

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
Who the hell is quitting?  I'm not playing but I'm being realistic.  The ONLY way we win the division is if we can find a way to win a couple of these games before Rodgers returns.  Unless our defense improves and we can get Barclay and/or EDS back on the O line it will be damn difficult to win in NJ on Sunday.  We are already a game behind and Detroit has a pretty easy schedule.  Will AR be back for Thanksgiving? Maybe.  If he isn't I don't like our chances in that game either.  With SF and Carolina playing lights out the WC will be a stretch unless one of these teams tanks and Chicago folds up going down the stretch.  I hope you are right and we can still win the division but with all of our injuries I think its gonna be a miracle if we do.    :'(

So much can happen yet... Packers just need to find way to grind out some victories and hope for help elsewhere.  Everything changed for Packers when Rodgers got injured... same can happen to Detroit... they lose either Stafford or Megatron and they are entirely different team.

Find a way to win and try and stay close in standings... that is where the Packers are at.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
Packers: 28
Giants:   17

Injury riddled but full of fight, the Packers get an early lead and Lacy runs for over 100 yards again. Tolzein turns out to be a great QB and backup for Aaron Rodgers.

Defensive star: AJ Hawk adds an INT along with his 2 sacks and 6 tackles. Another monster game for the veteran who just a bit earlier was on his way out!

GO PACK GO!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:44:02 PM by Beagle »
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 12:56:49 AM »
We have to admit to ourselves that this season is ruined.  Injuries have decimated this squad and you can only plug so many holes for so long.  One good thing in a perverted way that Rodgers' injury showed is Aaron's stellar play covered up a hell of lot of warts.  Maybe it was good for the coaching staff and TT to really get a slap in the face and now these problems will be addressed this offseason.
No we don't. They are still in contention for the Division and the playoffs.  This quitters mentality is getting quite annoying.

Agree!!

I agree too!

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »
Rodgers seemed pretty optimistic returning soon on "Tuesdays with Aaron". This week is out but I wouldn't count him out next week.

So if McCarthy/Capers and Tolzien can pull out a win this week, there is some optimism they can still make the playoffs.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »
Rodgers seemed pretty optimistic returning soon on "Tuesdays with Aaron". This week is out but I wouldn't count him out next week.

So if McCarthy/Capers and Tolzien can pull out a win this week, there is some optimism they can still make the playoffs.

That would be a total shock. If he can't play next week don't expect him to play Thanksgiving either. 4 more days are not that much of a difference.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »

There are reporters saying that he can't even get his own shirt off still. I think he's still aways away.

Online TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
To clear some things up this is from an article on JSL:

Rodgers said he was doing everything he can to get ready to play again.

"We have our treatment routines," Rodgers said. "Again, it's giving the bone time to heal. I'm not trying to do anything too stupid to aggravate it. (The) collarbone obviously has an important role in your shoulder movement. Small victories to me have been able to sleep through an entire night, which I finally can. Being able to put a shirt over my head, which I can now. Putting socks on. Yes. I can put them on without being in an extreme amount of pain."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231627831.html#ixzz2kXtrpcau
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

Offline PackerJB

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »
I have ZERO confidence in this terrible D vs good QB's. Eli is struggling, but his resume speaks for itself.

34-29 Giants
JayRast

Online R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »

There are reporters saying that he can't even get his own shirt off still. I think he's still aways away.

I heard the oppsote
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
The biggest cause for optimism was Rodgers walking out without a sling.  Yesterday he said the only reason he did that was because it didn't hurt as bad when he put it in his front pocket.  I think he's out for the full 6+ weeks. 

On the Giants... They are really struggling to run the ball.  That plays into the defense's hands very well.  They should be able to limit first down yardage, which opens up the pass rush for the rest of the defense.  I think the D creates 2-3 turnovers and holds Eli under 23 pts.  The offense will live and die by the right side.  If EDS and Barclay can't go I think they will really struggle to pass protect on third downs.  Lacy has another big game and I really hope that they can get Franklin going on a few swing passes and screens. 

24-17 Packers
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »

Is he married? If not, who would know because he's Aaron Rodgers and would never have to take his own shirt off so how do they know if he can?
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online GreenAndGoldLenses

• Second String
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »
The biggest cause for optimism was Rodgers walking out without a sling.  Yesterday he said the only reason he did that was because it didn't hurt as bad when he put it in his front pocket.  I think he's out for the full 6+ weeks. 

On the Giants... They are really struggling to run the ball.  That plays into the defense's hands very well.  They should be able to limit first down yardage, which opens up the pass rush for the rest of the defense.  I think the D creates 2-3 turnovers and holds Eli under 23 pts.  The offense will live and die by the right side.  If EDS and Barclay can't go I think they will really struggle to pass protect on third downs.  Lacy has another big game and I really hope that they can get Franklin going on a few swing passes and screens. 

24-17 Packers

I think we'll see more Starks than Franklin. Time to start limiting Lacey. 'Course, if we don't have him in and lose games, will it matter if we rest him for the playoffs...
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. (Confucius)

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »

Is he married? If not, who would know because he's Aaron Rodgers and would never have to take his own shirt off so how do they know if he can?

The comment from the reporters about needing help getting his shirt off, I believe, came from what they saw in the packers locker room.  Getting a pullover off over your head with a clavicle fracture is a bit tough, probably tougher than throwing a football with the other arm.  It only makes sense.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
I have been all over the map with what I see for this game.  Some of it is the G-men have been bad this year.  Also, our defense has the capacity to play well, but also can make a bad passing attack look good. 

It all comes down to if our defense can respond to the chewing that McCarthy gave them.  To win I feel like they will have to hold the G-men to less than 20 points.  Likewise, out offense will have to be able to finish off drives, and Tolzien will have to avoid the turnovers.

As bad as the Giants have been, in my mind the game will come down to turnovers, and who wins the turnover margin.  If we can get 3-4 turnovers from them, and avoid giving the ball away, we can hold them to less than 20 and win in a 24-20 kind of score.  If we don't win the turnover game, then we will lose another with a margin similar to the Philly game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:24:54 AM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."