November 23, 2017, 12:19:50 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread  (Read 30410 times)

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »
Silver lining is we kept pace with the Lions.

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
You can excuse it if you want- some of us expect more.  We all should expect more from our defense.  Especially with all of the investments made on that side of the ball over the last 3 years.  Getting wins without Rodgers will be tough.  If we play this kind of defense it simply will not happen.

I don't excuse it. I expect better after the investments we've made. I don't agree with calling our players trash and coming here to tell everyone that we have no chance, no hope, nothing to build on. Which seems to be the Miley Cyrus song being sung by several here.

You responded to me- yet I NEVER used the word trash.   I never said we have no hope.

I happen to think that defensively we are under performing to our talent.  My rip would be mainly on Dom Capers.  They play a soft zone with DB's who don't play it well.  They continue take chances and give up big plays, yet don't get the turnovers one would expect for the gambles.

Instead of Miley Cyrus?  it seems you want the board to sing "Somewhere over the rainbow"  while we lose to crappy teams- 3 weeks in a row.  If it were solely on the offense due to poor QB play then it would be understandable.  But we have seen 3 weeks straight of BAD defense.

Not much of a message board if you eliminate honest and deserved criticism toward the team we all support.

Face it- The Giants wanted this game a LOT more then the Packers.   They gave a much better effort.  We played like losers- shoddy effort on defense with a scared offense.   

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
I guess I'm not particularly upset by this loss because I saw more or less what I expected to see.  Tolzien really isn't ready yet, and he made some crucial mistakes today to drive that point home.  Meanwhile, the defense isn't nearly good enough to carry this team while Tolzien learns.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »
Silver lining is we kept pace with the Lions.

Very true.  If we can pull off a win next week that Thanksgiving matchup will be a big one

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
You can excuse it if you want- some of us expect more.  We all should expect more from our defense.  Especially with all of the investments made on that side of the ball over the last 3 years.  Getting wins without Rodgers will be tough.  If we play this kind of defense it simply will not happen.

I don't excuse it. I expect better after the investments we've made. I don't agree with calling our players trash and coming here to tell everyone that we have no chance, no hope, nothing to build on. Which seems to be the Miley Cyrus song being sung by several here.

Yea to say they have no shot at winning is too much. Each game without Rodgers has been winnable. They just haven't had the QB to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I excuse this team's slide in play due to injuries. If the defense was near 100% I would be very disappointed, but they aren't and they have made investments on defense. They signed Matthews and Burnett. They've tried addressing the defense with draft picks: Hayward, Jones, Perry, and Worthy all with early round picks but 3 of them are injured right now.  They drafted like 6 or 7 defensive players 2 years ago.

The defense actually played rather well today. Considering they were on the field for almost the entire first half, and held NY to 20 till the 4th quarter and Tolzien throws the pick six to make it 27-13. Blaming the defense for allowing 20 points and losing the game is ignorant. If you hold an offense to 20 points you're actually playing good defense. 20 is the new 13.

AldenRoche

« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2013, 06:16:40 PM »
That is a bad, bad team at Met Life Stadium today -- the Giants.

Well, they've won 4 in a row and bad, bad teams don't win 4 in a row. Now don't start your trolling.

Hilarious. Please continue to lecture us unknowing folks on how great the Packer roster is Golfman.

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2013, 06:17:44 PM »
The defense looked pretty horrible early, then settled in.  Anything yet on why Shields was inactive?

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
That is a bad, bad team at Met Life Stadium today -- the Giants.

Well, they've won 4 in a row and bad, bad teams don't win 4 in a row. Now don't start your trolling.

Hilarious. Please continue to lecture us unknowing folks on how great the Packer roster is Golfman.

Clearly they aren't that good if they just lost to a so-so Giants team. The Giants really aren't that bad. They looked good against Green Bay but they won't make the playoffs.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »

Yea to say they have no shot at winning is too much. Each game without Rodgers has been winnable. They just haven't had the QB to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I excuse this team's slide in play due to injuries. If the defense was near 100% I would be very disappointed, but they aren't and they have made investments on defense. They signed Matthews and Burnett. They've tried addressing the defense with draft picks: Hayward, Jones, Perry, and Worthy all with early round picks but 3 of them are injured right now.  They drafted like 6 or 7 defensive players 2 years ago.

The defense actually played rather well today. Considering they were on the field for almost the entire first half, and held NY to 20 till the 4th quarter and Tolzien throws the pick six to make it 27-13. Blaming the defense for allowing 20 points and losing the game is ignorant. If you hold an offense to 20 points you're actually playing good defense. 20 is the new 13.

The defense needs some luck with health and ONE dominant pass  rusher and they are a dominant defense. The luxury would be another safety to put Jennings on the bench.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »
Thanks all for coming in today and we'll see you back here next Sunday when the Vikings come to Lambeau.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.