November 23, 2017, 12:34:09 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread  (Read 30413 times)

Offline PackerJB

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL (Tolzien led) Packers v. Giants Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
Lots of people here have their Packer glasses on.
JayRast

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »

Ya, but not in the Pick the Winner Poll.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »

I don't think so.  I think as typical fans, we hope for the best.  The poll says we expect the worst.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 03:14:32 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231947821.html

Hayward out several weeks

Perry will not practice all week

Barclay not feeling as good as they have hoped.

Offline PackerJB

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
Need to shut down Hayward & Perry. Perry is becoming the new Justin harrell.
JayRast

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »
Rodgers seemed pretty optimistic returning soon on "Tuesdays with Aaron". This week is out but I wouldn't count him out next week.

So if McCarthy/Capers and Tolzien can pull out a win this week, there is some optimism they can still make the playoffs.

There are reporters saying that he can't even get his own shirt off still. I think he's still aways away.

Was it the same reporters that reported that Matt Flynn needed Tommy John's surgery?

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 08:02:41 PM »
Need to shut down Hayward & Perry. Perry is becoming the new Justin harrell.

I agree on Hayward, but not Perry. Hayward's hammy likely will not get better. You dont have 3 hammy injuries in 15 weeks and recover, but I think with a week or 2 rest, Perry could be back and contributing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:04:13 PM by JPPlaya »

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »

I'm starting to get worried about Hayward and Perry.  Hayward could very well battle hamstring injuries for his entire career.  Every time he steps back onto the field he seems to re-aggravate the injury. 

As for Perry, he has demonstrated a complete inability to stay on the field to this point.  He has played in 12 games and missed time with a knee injury, a broken foot, wrist surgery and now an ankle issue.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »

I'm starting to get worried about Hayward and Perry.  Hayward could very well battle hamstring injuries for his entire career.  Every time he steps back onto the field he seems to re-aggravate the injury. 

As for Perry, he has demonstrated a complete inability to stay on the field to this point.  He has played in 12 games and missed time with a knee injury, a broken foot, wrist surgery and now an ankle issue.

Hayward hurt his hammy at one of those off season training facilities (in Atlanta) just before training camp started. Can't put that one on the Packers S&C staff. Problem with a hammy is that to fully heal, you have to shut it down, which he should be for the rest of the season. Get James Nixon out on the field and let's see what the kid can do. Can't hurt at this point.

Perry's continuing injuries are more than bothersome, but at the same time, so is CM3. He regularly misses (around) 4 games each season. If he's going to continue that tendency, he should think about putting some of his $69M back into the kitty to retain other players who can stay on the field all 16 games each year.   >:(

I think the next draft should include 2 OLB's and bring in an additional 1-2 as udfa's.

Unless they plan on dumping the DC and the 3-4...................... 8)

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
I have been all over the map with what I see for this game.  Some of it is the G-men have been bad this year.  Also, our defense has the capacity to play well, but also can make a bad passing attack look good. 

It all comes down to if our defense can respond to the chewing that McCarthy gave them.  To win I feel like they will have to hold the G-men to less than 20 points.  Likewise, out offense will have to be able to finish off drives, and Tolzien will have to avoid the turnovers.

As bad as the Giants have been, in my mind the game will come down to turnovers, and who wins the turnover margin.  If we can get 3-4 turnovers from them, and avoid giving the ball away, we can hold them to less than 20 and win in a 24-20 kind of score.  If we don't win the turnover game, then we will lose another with a margin similar to the Philly game.

Giants are near the top in the league in giveaway's, unfortunately the Packers are terrible in takeaways. The Giant's offensive line is all banged up,  think IF the Packers D line can pressure Manning, he will make some bad throws. The Packers must establish the running game with Lacy, and keep Manning off the field. Manning has the Packers number of late, hopefully we can turn that around with a win on Sunday. Pack wins 27-24.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
Giants are near the top in the league in giveaway's, unfortunately the Packers are terrible in takeaways. The Giant's offensive line is all banged up,  think IF the Packers D line can pressure Manning, he will make some bad throws. The Packers must establish the running game with Lacy, and keep Manning off the field. Manning has the Packers number of late, hopefully we can turn that around with a win on Sunday.

Yep... something has to give, hopefully Packers come up with 2-3 takeaways.

Just read a stat today at ESPN
2009-2012 with Woodson playing - Packers intercepted pass every 20 pass attempts. (this dropped to almost every 30 without Woodson playing)
2013 - Packers intercept ball every 100 pass attempts

I am really miffed at the substantial decline in this production...  Capers defenses have typically always been predicated on creating turnovers.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Barclay or Newhouse to start at RT http://blog.packers.com/2013/11/15/barclay-or-newhouse-will-play-rt-rodgers-officially-ruled-out-finley-has-surgery/

Why not take a chance on Sherrod there if Barclay is out?

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
Barclay or Newhouse to start at RT http://blog.packers.com/2013/11/15/barclay-or-newhouse-will-play-rt-rodgers-officially-ruled-out-finley-has-surgery/

Why not take a chance on Sherrod there if Barclay is out?

dude hasn't played in over a year.  i can see not wanting to line him up against Pierre-Paul and the Giants other pass-rushers.

that being said, Newhouse has been flat-out bad this season.  cross your fingers that Barclay can play...

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 03:59:53 AM »
The Giants have won their last three games. Manning has been less mistake-prone, their defense has gotten more turnovers, and some of their injured players are returning to the field. The Packers, on the other hand, have plummeted in interceptions from recent years, and their roster resembles a MASH unit more than a football team. In spite of this, I am getting more optimistic about this game. Unfortunately, I felt that way last week. But then again, I tend to be "half full" kind of guy. So, I'll watch the game, and hope for the best. Especially, I'm hopeful the defense won't quit playing again in the fourth quarter like they did the last two weeks.

Never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »
The Giants have won their last three games. Manning has been less mistake-prone, their defense has gotten more turnovers, and some of their injured players are returning to the field. The Packers, on the other hand, have plummeted in interceptions from recent years, and their roster resembles a MASH unit more than a football team. In spite of this, I am getting more optimistic about this game. Unfortunately, I felt that way last week. But then again, I tend to be "half full" kind of guy. So, I'll watch the game, and hope for the best. Especially, I'm hopeful the defense won't quit playing again in the fourth quarter like they did the last two weeks.

Never give up.

My thoughts exactly!