September 23, 2017, 06:11:15 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 35404 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:41:29 AM »
At home. Time to break the losing streak. Time to give the fans and themselves the feeling that they can win without Rodgers.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »
At home. Time to break the losing streak. Time to give the fans and themselves the feeling that they can win without Rodgers.

Sadly, it appears they can't win without Rodgers as he has to cover up all the backbreaking mistakes the rest of the team makes. Vikings win a close one by putting together a late 4th quarter 80+ yards TD drive. They'll convert several 3rd and longs on the drive by somehow finding wide open receivers running through Capers' zone defense.

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:27:12 AM »
We will outplay the Queens for most of the game but lose it. There is little point in winning at this point and MM and TT have us moving in the right direction.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:43:39 AM »
Well... better chance this week with being at home.  However, the Packers have allowed 27 points in the 3 games Rodgers has been out.  Defense looks soft, and turnovers are killing the Packers.

I do not see the offense scoring more than 20 points (unless Rodgers is back, which I believe he will still be out).  So defense will have to bottle up AP and hold Vikes to less than 20 points.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »
Packers: 24
Vikings:  21

Tolzien gets his first win and the losing streak is broken.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »
This game is winnable, but we're going to have to play mistake free football. I'm not certain at this point in his career, Tolzien is capable of that type of game.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:43:17 AM »
This game is winnable, but we're going to have to play mistake free football. I'm not certain at this point in his career, Tolzien is capable of that type of game.

I can pretty much guarantee he is not.

Also, any news on Jolly. If he is out, Peterson is going to shred them.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
We will outplay the Queens for most of the game but lose it. There is little point in winning at this point and MM and TT have us moving in the right direction.
There is little point in you being a Packer fan with this nonsense.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
I do not believe we lose this game the Vikings have no QB either and I feel as though we will pull it off and win
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »

x2

Not even sure why those people even show up here instead of doing something worthwhile that isn't so stressful for them...like thinking and communicating with a clear head instead of just pounding the key board in frustration.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 10:12:24 AM »

x2

Not even sure why those people even show up here instead of doing something worthwhile that isn't so stressful for them...like thinking and communicating with a clear head instead of just pounding the key board in frustration.

Sorry that I have an opinion that differs from yours and that you view that as not worthwhile and merely an exercise in frustration. I see little point in rushing AR back.The last 3 games have made it painfully clear that without him, we are in a bad shape. A broken bone is a broken bone. To salivate at the slim chance that we might have AR back for the Lions game is both unlikely and foolish. We need him healthy but not at a high level of risk. I am looking to next year for pragmatic reason as well as the long term health of our team.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »
I think the Packers pull this one out.

Tolzien has shown he can throw the football and will be more comfortable playing at home and throws zero picks, and the defense plays better.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
Pick the Winner Poll is up at the top of this thread.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:44:46 AM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline banman7320

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »
The only way we have a chance at winning this game is if we win the turnover battle.  Tolzien cannot afford to turn the ball over and like golfman said it's highly unlikely he'll have a mistake free game.  The way he plays reminds me all too much of Favre, in a bad way.  He's a gunslinger, trusts his arm too much.  He does make some awesome throws that leave you in awe but then he makes boneheaded decisions that leave you shaking your head.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »
The only way we have a chance at winning this game is if we win the turnover battle.  Tolzien cannot afford to turn the ball over and like golfman said it's highly unlikely he'll have a mistake free game.  The way he plays reminds me all too much of Favre, in a bad way.  He's a gunslinger, trusts his arm too much.  He does make some awesome throws that leave you in awe but then he makes boneheaded decisions that leave you shaking your head.
Tolzein is not even close to a gunslinger. If you knew anything about Tolzein in college, he almost never took risks as he was strictly a game manager. Ball control was his game. A gunslinger he is not.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith