November 22, 2017, 10:30:49 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Lions Game Day Thread (early Thanksgiving edition)  (Read 39508 times)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Lions Game Day Thread (early Thanksgiving edition)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 11:52:59 PM »
Wilde is predicting Rodgers will start...

If anybody might have some reason for having a hunch, and be willing to say it out loud, it's him.

I guess that makes me cautiously optimistic.

Aaron didn't practice today.  MM said if Rodgers doesn't practice at least once this week he isn't playing.   

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:13 AM »

If anybody might have some reason for having a hunch, and be willing to say it out loud, it's him.

Aaron didn't practice today.  MM said if Rodgers doesn't practice at least once this week he isn't playing.   

They were saying in weeks prior that Rodgers would have to have 2 days of practice before playing.  Now they've moved it up to one.  Smells like they're targeting Wednesday, to me.
It's what it's.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 01:46:47 AM »

Did he really say that? Just curious. I read his article on ESPN and didn't see any type of prediction.

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 06:06:06 AM »

They were saying in weeks prior that Rodgers would have to have 2 days of practice before playing.  Now they've moved it up to one.  Smells like they're targeting Wednesday, to me.

So, even if they reduced it to only needing one practice (which makes sense, he knows the offense better than anyone and already has timing down with the receivers) and thus if he can practice Wednesday he can start, they'd still likely need him to get x-rays or an MRI done before that to see if the bone has healed fully. You'd think that we'd hear about him getting X-rays or an MRI, no? He'd have to get them today at the latest to be cleared to practice Wednesday.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

So, even if they reduced it to only needing one practice (which makes sense, he knows the offense better than anyone and already has timing down with the receivers) and thus if he can practice Wednesday he can start, they'd still likely need him to get x-rays or an MRI done before that to see if the bone has healed fully. You'd think that we'd hear about him getting X-rays or an MRI, no? He'd have to get them today at the latest to be cleared to practice Wednesday.
No, not if they want to keep Detroit in the dark.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 08:07:41 AM »
Nice Ricky.

Some fans have given up but not the team...or me.

How have fans "given up" or if fans believe Lions will win imply the Packers have given up?  Do we need to state that the Packers will win every game to make you happy?  Your preseason Packers record... did you have the Packers going 19-0?  If not... why did you give up on some of the games before the season even started?  Curious why you even include a poll if you want everyone to say Packers will win every game... why not make it only "Packers in a close one" or "Packers by more than 10".

My expectation is that they do not beat the Lions on Thanksgiving after watching the last 4 games without Rodgers who is not expected to play this week.  The defense has not stepped up in the prior 4 games to help out the offense... and the defense has not created turnovers all season with exception of 1 quarter vs the Bengals which has been Lions issue past 2 weeks... my expectation is that Packers do not create turnovers vs Lions this week either.

As for Calvin... here are his averages for last 4 games vs Packers he played....  8 catches/138 yards/0.75 TDs... I would not call that shutting down Megatron... but it is holding him fairly well in check... but this will be first time we face him with Reggie Bush vs our suddenly porous rush defense.

Like I said... any given Sunday, so Packers have a chance.  I will be extremely happy if Packers win and on the Game Thread here cheering the good and bemoaning the bad during the game.

Being a realist in my expectations of Packers does not equal "giving up" or imply the Packers have given up...  you are going to have to explain to me how that is and I will be interested in your explanation how it is.

Offline ricky38

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »

I read on the ticker on ESPN last night that MM said the chances of AR playing in Thursday are slim and done.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 09:03:54 AM »
Sorry Hincha I was referring to the season and not just this game.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
Rodgers practicing today.

WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN??!??!??!??!??!??
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:42:16 PM by Lodestar »

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »

Now its 50/50 if he plays.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2013, 01:52:53 PM »
Sure are a lot of quitters in here.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 02:16:32 PM »

Now its 50/50 if he plays.

They are playing mind games with the kittys.

Much more difficult to have to prepare for 2 or 3 QB, especially when one is AR.

Still..........................I do not feel good about this Thursday's game. Why negative vibe comes from the defense.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »

Flynn practiced with the starters while Rodgers was a limited participant.

Offline tedbrogen

• Second String
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »

Flynn practiced with the starters while Rodgers was a limited participant.

And MM was quoted after practice saying the chances Rodgers plays is 'closer to none.' I'm sure there is a bit of gamesmanship going on here but they'll need an x-ray and/or MRI to clear him to play before Thursday. I'm guessing they'll do the same thing tomorrow with Rodgers in limited participant in practice and Flynn getting first team reps. They have Rodgers as doubtful before the game and see what info they can get from the doctors (assuming they haven't already been told he won't be cleared to play by Thursday and this is all a mind game with the Lions.)

Anyways, if he actually were miraculously able to play, we likely wouldn't know until just before the game Thursday.

Whether or not he plays, they HAVE to find a way to win this game. Winning it puts them in the drivers seat for the division and a first round home game. Not to mention, this recent news indicates that even assuming Rodgers isn't playing against the Lions, he'd likely to good to go against the Falcons since they'd have another 10 days for him to heal up. Then they'd hopefully get Cobb back for the following week against the Cowboys.

If they lose, they have to make up 2 games on the Lions (and maybe 2 on the Bears) with 4 to go. Meaning even if they won out they'd need the Lions to go 2-2 and the Bears to go 2-2 (although one of those losses would be against the Packers.) Not impossible, but really tough as they can't keep counting on those two teams to lose and giving themselves zero margin for error would be tough especially with that game at Dallas.

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
they can't keep counting on those two teams to lose
There are a lot of ambiguous things going on. Injuries, upsets, who starts, AR, tiebreakers, coaching schemes, and more. But the least uncertain is that the Bears and Lions will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?