September 24, 2017, 07:15:54 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Falcons vs. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 27292 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Falcons vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« on: December 02, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Time to play for pride. Time to play to prove you are a professional. Time to play like you're a member of the Green Bay Packers- the most storied franchise in NFL history. Time enough for the off season and draft picks and roster changes once the season is over.

What he said about the rest of the season:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/02/mike-wallace-knows-hes-a-great-player/

Never give up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:30:34 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Falcons vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:49:34 AM »
Time to play like you know that you need to let the up and coming talent get more looks. Time to play like you need to develop a #2 QB. Time to play like you know that 2013 is over..
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
Time to play like you know that you need to let the up and coming talent get more looks. Time to play like you need to develop a #2 QB. Time to play like you know that 2013 is over..
How many times are you going to spout this nonsense? No matter how many times you continue to spew it, it is still nonsense. If MM does any of this, he should be fired.

Take your trolling elsewhere.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
No coach in the NFL is going to play for a higher draft spot. If you are having a bad year you try to win to end the year on a little bit of a positive note. If they lose this week I would like Rodgers to sit out the rest of the year though, no reason to risk him getting injured again behind this awful offensive line, the OL should be better next year when healthy and with a couple of new developmental prospects.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:25:03 AM by ChicagoPackerFan »

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
Well... Rodgers thought he would be back for this game, that will be covered to death by the news media this week.

Put my name in the column for those that believe you play to win as well.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »

It appears ATL may be getting healthy at just the wrong time.
I've not looked at their game vs. BUF - but I suspect thats the best offensive showing they've had in some time.
Look at it this way - prior to yesterday's game, BUF had lost 4 of 5 games played in Tornonto. Now make that 5 of 6. Its a "Toronto" thing.  :)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »
Well... Rodgers thought he would be back for this game, that will be covered to death by the news media this week.

Put my name in the column for those that believe you play to win as well.

Me too. 

The Falcons are injury riddled too but not as bad as us.  I was just looking at their roster and they have 8 guys on IR compared to 12 (13 if you add Cobb) for us.  They finally won their 3rd game yesterday to break a FIVE game losing streak.  They still have their starting QB so I guess things for us could be worse.   :P

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
How many times are you going to spout this nonsense? No matter how many times you continue to spew it, it is still nonsense. If MM does any of this, he should be fired.

Well its being questioned in the media, by about a dozen posters here, and clearly by the team (as judged by their play). So I guess, probably like many things in your life, you're just late to the party.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »

You insinuating we just tank these games so we can get a higher draft pick and develop our #2 QB is absurd. It's also not really a topic of intelligent conversation now is it?
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »

Ridiculous!!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »

Well its being questioned in the media, by about a dozen posters here, and clearly by the team (as judged by their play). So I guess, probably like many things in your life, you're just late to the party.
The media hasn't questioning squat. Mcacrthy and the team are trying to win every game they play. McCarthy made that quite clear last week.

Again, take your trolling elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:28:16 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

You insinuating we just tank these games so we can get a higher draft pick and develop our #2 QB is absurd. It's also not really a topic of intelligent conversation now is it?
For about the dozenth time. Show me where I mention tanking. I don't. I say that we give the backups some more time to play. You may have noticed that we didn't have a 2nd string QB on our team. That won't come from the tooth fairy. They need game reps. If not now, what better time to give them game reps. When we are up by 50 and used to put perterson in, were we trying to tank the game? Some of our Dline will be gone next year. Do you want to wait til next year to find out if we have a replacement on our roster? Our DBs are getting toasted. Should we continue to see them get burned or try some other DBs?

I call this preparing for the future and imporving. Putting AR out there Thursday, clearly would have been a really stupid decision. For those of you that want to have our franchise killed, take your trolling elsewhere.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 09:50:51 AM »

It appears ATL may be getting healthy at just the wrong time.
I've not looked at their game vs. BUF - but I suspect thats the best offensive showing they've had in some time.
Look at it this way - prior to yesterday's game, BUF had lost 4 of 5 games played in Tornonto. Now make that 5 of 6. Its a "Toronto" thing.  :)

Actually - a look at the ATL schedule indicates they've been scoring at a fairly consistent pace throughout the season - so best to figure that'll keep going.
Hmmmm maybe Matty Ice (Northern Version) will have one of his magical games and pull our ass outta the fire....

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »

get louder -

I wont quote your last post simply because it makes for overly large comments and exact copying it isnt necessary. A large part of GB's problem this years is exactly that too much field time is being enjoyed by intended backups - or players are being moved around due to injury. Its not as if we've a bench full of "undiscovered" talent. The coaches know whats there and (unfortunately) they're contributing to our W+L issues.

As for the "developing our #2 QB" concept - Matt Flynn is a KNOWN commodity. He's been around the league for quite some time - enough organizations and talent evaluators have put their eyes on him to know what he's capable of. "Game time experience" isnt needed to know what he's possible of achieving. As for the practice squad guy - the same applies to him regards eyeballing his talents. Offseason OTA's and next preseason will work just fine for getting a better sense of his greatness - if any exists.

As for the "getting a better look at the DLinemen sitting on our bench....." - which would those be exactly? We have a treasure trove of talent sitting around thats not getting field time?
I doubt it given the trials and tribulations that area of the team has gone thru.

I read somewhere that our special teams has had a large number of new players or turnover. Thats DIRECTLY related to player turnover and/or injury forcing players to "move up" into more prominent every down responsibilities  - i.e. that "lets see what this guy can do" concept you're espousing - has been going on for some time already.

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »

get louder -

I wont quote your last post simply because it makes for overly large comments and exact copying it isnt necessary. A large part of GB's problem this years is exactly that too much field time is being enjoyed by intended backups - or players are being moved around due to injury. Its not as if we've a bench full of "undiscovered" talent. The coaches know whats there and (unfortunately) they're contributing to our W+L issues.

As for the "developing our #2 QB" concept - Matt Flynn is a KNOWN commodity. He's been around the league for quite some time - enough organizations and talent evaluators have put their eyes on him to know what he's capable of. "Game time experience" isnt needed to know what he's possible of achieving. As for the practice squad guy - the same applies to him regards eyeballing his talents. Offseason OTA's and next preseason will work just fine for getting a better sense of his greatness - if any exists.

As for the "getting a better look at the DLinemen sitting on our bench....." - which would those be exactly? We have a treasure trove of talent sitting around thats not getting field time?
I doubt it given the trials and tribulations that area of the team has gone thru.

I read somewhere that our special teams has had a large number of new players or turnover. Thats DIRECTLY related to player turnover and/or injury forcing players to "move up" into more prominent every down responsibilities  - i.e. that "lets see what this guy can do" concept you're espousing - has been going on for some time already.

We agree more than you indicate. You say that we've seen enough of Flynn so that there is no need to see more. I agree and extend this to Kuhn, Pickett, Ragi, Hawk and more. They are neither good, unknown, nor part of our long term plans. What point is there playing them? Sorry, OTA's don't cut it. The CBA has made them less valuable than flag football. Waiting to the preseason????? We did that this year. Didn't work out so well. There is no substitute for game time experience.

I like what the injuries have done for our offensive line. We now know with certainty that we have zero depth. We tried MANY backups that really exist and they are no good. On the other hand we know that Bak is a keeper. We now know exactly what we need to do next year on our oline. Keep the core along with a few backups. Cut ties with the worthless and have TT do his magic in street free agency. SFA can't be as bad as some of our current Olineman and TT (as he always does) may find some hidden gems.

Sorry, the you play to win thing is stupid and simplistic. Play to win when? Today? Next year? For the long run? I'm sure that we could run Lacy 40 times a game and it would be better than some of the alternatives, but he may be gone for the next season (s). I'm sure AR would have gone in for the Lions game. He expressed that categoricly. It would have given us the best chance to win. Does anyone here think that it would have been a good idea?