September 21, 2017, 04:20:05 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Falcons vs. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 27180 times)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Falcons vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
For about the dozenth time. Show me where I mention tanking.

Do you know what insinuation means? You have insinuated numerous times that winning is not important right now but a higher draft pick would be much better for the team. As would developing our #2 QB.

Sorry, the you play to win thing is stupid and simplistic

This is an insinuation that we play for other reasons than to win games.....
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
Win out and GB takes the division.  Lions will lose 2 more and Chicago will lose at least one.

Offline PackerJB

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
Win out and GB takes the division.  Lions will lose 2 more and Chicago will lose at least one.
So they can make the playoffs and get absolutely KILLED by better teams? Brees, Kaep, Wilson, Newton??? No thanx.

JayRast

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »

Do you know what insinuation means? You have insinuated numerous times that winning is not important right now but a higher draft pick would be much better for the team. As would developing our #2 QB.

I see your point and I hope that you can see mine. Playing Kuhn is a waste of time, for any reason, even on special teams. If you don't want to use Kuhn as your example, I hope that you can think of ONE veteran that can use a sitting, while we get a better look at someone  younger.
If you don't buy into this, TT and MM do. In 2007 we were one play from the superbowl. The next year they traded an old QB and went with a younger guy. That season they went 6-10. Clearly they made the correct choice, but traded 13-3 for 6-10 to do it. They did it to win........ in the long run.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »

I see your point and I hope that you can see mine. Playing Kuhn is a waste of time, for any reason, even on special teams. If you don't want to use Kuhn as your example, I hope that you can think of ONE veteran that can use a sitting, while we get a better look at someone  younger.
If you don't buy into this, TT and MM do. In 2007 we were one play from the superbowl. The next year they traded an old QB and went with a younger guy. That season they went 6-10. Clearly they made the correct choice, but traded 13-3 for 6-10 to do it. They did it to win........ in the long run.

Wrong example GLAL........

The circumstances were completely different and the example you cite doesn't support the point of view you've been putting forward.

In 07 they were driving for the playoffs and they let the "old guy" make the last pass of the season - in the NFC Championship game. They didn't bring Rogers off the bench during the season to see what he could do. Their emphasis was on winning now - not later.

Later would be taken care of later - which it was.

You believe we're out of the playoff hunt this season - thats why this scenario works for you. I say we're not out until we're in fact out - and I want to play to win now.

<Add On:  I'll publicly recant EVERYTHING I've said about Mr. Flynn if he can SOMEHOW be the bridge to AR with a win against ATL. Sling the GD ball like Sonny Jurgenson revisited (minus the interceptions please) and match them score for score - until the very end and we kick a 60yard FG to win 60-57!!!  I dont care - just get AR back behind center - we'll have a shot against anybody>
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:57:07 PM by Leader »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »

Not only are you wrong, but are completely ignorant of the circumstances that surrounded that season. Favre retired. So, they did what every team does when a player retires; they move on to the next guy. That old guy tried to manipulate his way back on the team or out of GB to Min. The team stayed committed to their original path, so they traded the old guy. They didn't do anything you claimed. Educate yourself.

"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »

Oh I get the point you are making but I disagree with it. There is NO WAY the Packers are going to tank football games or put a team on the field that cannot compete. Resting starters before the playoffs is one thing. What the Cardinals did to us in the last game of the year before we played them in the playoffs(2009) is another and I can see that. But going into football games at the end of year to not win because they don't mean anything is bad. Fans pay money to watch your team compete. Not tank games so they can get better draft picks. No reason "whatsoever" to play Kuhn? I can think of a lot of reasons to play him.

This is a bad example. TT and MM did everything is their power to win games and put the best team on the field they could. They felt Rodgers gave them the best chance to win in 2008 and Favre retired and nobody knew what kind of shape he was in. Best move for the team was to trade him and let Rodgers start. THAT season and for years to come. They were "developing" Rodgers in hope he would pan out. They knew what they had and they knew he was a better QB. Rodgers was getting the start because of THAT. Not because they were writing off the season in 2008 to develop Rodgers.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
Anyway, back to the topic...

Packers: 24
Falcons: 23

Flynn leads a last second game winning TD and we pull out a tough one. Playoffs hopes still alive and Rodgers is one step closer to coming back.

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
can we talk about how terrible the Falcons D is? 

statistically, they're a hair behind us in the yardage categories, but they have a huge problem:  they cannot get to the quarterback, with only 22 sacks for the season!  for some perspective, we have 38 on the year.  Atlanta does not create turnovers, either through forcing fumbles or interceptions.  i haven't seen many Atlanta games this season (i bet a lot of their fans with they could say the same), but the "name" players they used to have on their mediocre defense the last few seasons are all gone (think John Abraham, Brent Grimes).

they have only beaten 3 teams all season:  Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis.

will our offense be able to dictate the course of this game and keep our D on the sidelines, or has the Falcons pass rush merely been hibernating all year waiting to feast on our OL?

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »
If Rodgers plays, they win and possibly go on a run over the last 4. Maybe or maybe not good enough for the playoffs.

If he doesn't, frankly they probably lose and lose out. I'm not being a negative nelly here, but this team is completely lost without him. The offense is very bland and inconsistent at best. The defense is awful. This is still a Falcon team with Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White and Steven Jackson.

A Rod makes the wheels go round here. This team needs a spark and a playmaker. That will likely ONLY come from him. Without it, they continue to slump and this becomes the most frustrating Packer season since the very early 90's.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:06:24 PM by JPPlaya »

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »
Just deleted a couple of posts and issue a 7 day ban to a member.

Lets all try and get along.

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline GB Jim

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
The Packer will not tank for a draft choice.

The Defense will play for pride. They were embarrassed  by Detroit.

I think the Packers win this one, whether Rodgers plays or not. Atlanta is also not doing good, and the cold will be the difference.

I hope Tolzien gets the start.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
can we talk about how terrible the Falcons D is? 

statistically, they're a hair behind us in the yardage categories, but they have a huge problem:  they cannot get to the quarterback, with only 22 sacks for the season!  for some perspective, we have 38 on the year.  Atlanta does not create turnovers, either through forcing fumbles or interceptions.  i haven't seen many Atlanta games this season (i bet a lot of their fans with they could say the same), but the "name" players they used to have on their mediocre defense the last few seasons are all gone (think John Abraham, Brent Grimes).

they have only beaten 3 teams all season:  Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis.

will our offense be able to dictate the course of this game and keep our D on the sidelines, or has the Falcons pass rush merely been hibernating all year waiting to feast on our OL?

I've seen some of the Falcon games down here and yes, their D is probably worse than MN's!  They are very poor at stopping the run so Lacy might find some running room on Sunday.   They haven't been able to run too well but Steven Jackson is finally back playing so maybe he is running okay now.  Right now Atlanta is ranked #29 in rushing O.  The Falcons have a decent passing offense tho (#5).

Offline Saucyjak

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
In case you didn't see this......

“‘I’ll be back and ready to go Sunday’ Aaron Rodgers told me while watching #Clippers #Pacers #NFL #Packers fans rejoice! Says he feels good”

—@the_realkylem, FOX Sports reporter Kyle Montgomery tweeting Sunday from Los Angeles, apparently after running into the collarbone-addled Packers quarterback on his mini-bye weekend

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
In case you didn't see this......

“‘I’ll be back and ready to go Sunday’ Aaron Rodgers told me while watching #Clippers #Pacers #NFL #Packers fans rejoice! Says he feels good”

—@the_realkylem, FOX Sports reporter Kyle Montgomery tweeting Sunday from Los Angeles, apparently after running into the collarbone-addled Packers quarterback on his mini-bye weekend

Yep, I saw that, but......I just don't know if Dr. McKenzie  will sign off on that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:16:37 PM by JPPlaya »