November 19, 2017, 10:07:58 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread  (Read 44984 times)

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 06:12:37 PM »
It's definitely a wait and see, but Rodgers didn't provide any reason for optimism on his radio show today.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/blogs/235275111.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »

This is the game day thread, not the "Favre was tougher than Rodgers" thread.

Did anyone else watch the Monday night game? It seems IF Flynn can force the safeties to move back, Lacy could have a great game against that historically bad defense. Though the Cowboys defense could well be like the Packers defense- they'll want to show they're better than they looked against the Bears.

The second question is, can the Packers keep up with the Cowboys offense? Say what you want, the Cowboys offense is not bad at all, and if Romo gets time in the pocket, Witten could have a great game, Bryant could burn the DBs, and the Cowboys could dump passes off to the RB's for yards.

There is also the fact that the Packers haven't won a regular or post-season against the Cowboys since 1989.
Maybe this is the year that streak is snapped- but then again, sometimes a visiting team just can't win. Ask the Lions about visiting Lambeau.

Do you in Dallas or overall?  We historically have struggled in Big D but have beat them 4 times at home since 1989.  Dallas' defense isn't all that great so maybe we can finally find a way to win there this time.  I'd be a hell of lot more confident if Rodgers plays...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:48:01 AM by LMGAdmin »

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:53 AM »

This is the game day thread, not the "Favre was tougher than Rodgers" thread.

Did anyone else watch the Monday night game? It seems IF Flynn can force the safeties to move back, Lacy could have a great game against that historically bad defense. Though the Cowboys defense could well be like the Packers defense- they'll want to show they're better than they looked against the Bears.

The second question is, can the Packers keep up with the Cowboys offense? Say what you want, the Cowboys offense is not bad at all, and if Romo gets time in the pocket, Witten could have a great game, Bryant could burn the DBs, and the Cowboys could dump passes off to the RB's for yards.

There is also the fact that the Packers haven't won a regular or post-season against the Cowboys since 1989.
Maybe this is the year that streak is snapped- but then again, sometimes a visiting team just can't win. Ask the Lions about visiting Lambeau.

Do you in Dallas or overall?  We historically have struggled in Big D but have beat them 4 times at home since 1989.  Dallas' defense isn't all that great so maybe we can finally find a way to win there this time.  I'd be a hell of lot more confident if Rodgers plays...
Dallas has always played better at home, this game will be tough, don't expect to see the same team from Monday night.

We should be able to move the ball all day on their defense, control time of posession in this game and keep it close.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »
Pugger, again, excellent catch! Yes, I meant in Dallas. There was a period when for something like seven meetings out of eight were in Dallas. They were a major stumbling block during the early '90's, when the Packers would make the playoffs, then would have to travel to Dallas to play a game.

Personally, I still want to rub it into the noses of "America's Team" for kicking a field goal in the waning minutes of a game against GB where they were up something like 23-3. The excuse was their FG kicker could set a record for most FG's in a game, and they wanted to give him that chance. Reggie White in particular was really, really upset by that. What goes around comes around, and karma can be a female dog. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 12:04:47 PM »
Pugger, again, excellent catch! Yes, I meant in Dallas. There was a period when for something like seven meetings out of eight were in Dallas. They were a major stumbling block during the early '90's, when the Packers would make the playoffs, then would have to travel to Dallas to play a game.

Personally, I still want to rub it into the noses of "America's Team" for kicking a field goal in the waning minutes of a game against GB where they were up something like 23-3. The excuse was their FG kicker could set a record for most FG's in a game, and they wanted to give him that chance. Reggie White in particular was really, really upset by that. What goes around comes around, and karma can be a female dog.

21-6 - Boniol 7 FGs for the Cowboys...

I remember that game as well in 96, Reggie was definitely mad at end of game.  PAckers probably should have done more during game if they wanted to stop him from setting record for 7 field goals.  Do not know, but I assume the record still stands.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »

I remember that game as well in 96, Reggie was definitely mad at end of game.  PAckers probably should have done more during game if they wanted to stop him from setting record for 7 field goals.  Do not know, but I assume the record still stands.
Rob Bironas of TEN scored 8 field goals in a 2007 game.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »

Did you just happen to know that, or did you have to look it up? Tell us the truth now... ;)

( - ; #

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »

Did you just happen to know that, or did you have to look it up? Tell us the truth now... ;)

( - ; #
I had him on my fantasy football team so i remembered it.

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »

Thanks for the info

Online GreenAndGoldLenses

• Second String
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »

That was the game where I started to respect Aikman. He tried to talk the coach (dang, can't remember his name, the one who tried to take a gun through the airport) out of kicking the last field goal.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. (Confucius)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 02:38:17 AM »

That was the game where I started to respect Aikman. He tried to talk the coach (dang, can't remember his name, the one who tried to take a gun through the airport) out of kicking the last field goal.

That was Barry Switzer.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Online GreenAndGoldLenses

• Second String
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 07:30:05 AM »

That was Barry Switzer.
Yep! Thanks for the reminder. Sucks getting old...
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. (Confucius)

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
I remember listening to that game on the radio. I was 9 or 10 and living in a small town in Ontario, Canada.

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
That was Barry Switzer.

I almost put his name in my post as prior poster was correct..  it was his decision and that is who Reggie was all mad at.

Personally thought he was horrible coach...  surprised he won a Super Bowl.  Guess Cowboys just had too much talent not to win despite the coach IMO.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »

That was Barry Switzer.

Now here is a guy who was a real piece of work.   :P