September 24, 2017, 07:16:19 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 43953 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Well, its come down to this. Win and in. Lose and out. One last time. There are no illusions here- the SB is a pipe dream. But beating the Bears would be sweet. Because I really, really hate the Bears. Really. Besides- you know- never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
I can't believe this afternoon's heartbreaker was all for naught. That took a week off the end of my life. And now to think we're still in it! Seems like this team has nine lives. Go Packers!

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »
Well, its come down to this. Win and in. Lose and out. One last time. There are no illusions here- the SB is a pipe dream. But beating the Bears would be sweet. Because I really, really hate the Bears. Really. Besides- you know- never give up.

Man, if Rodgers comes back for the playoffs (if we happen to make it) I feel like we have a shot against anyone.  Lets hope we can pull it out against Chicago next week

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
The bares looked absolutely dreadful against the Eagles.  I pray they have a repeat performance like that next week.   ;)

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 05:49:54 AM »
Flynn plays Green Bay loses, if Rodgers play they win.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »

One things for certain - it would make the heart of each and every Bears fan's heart beat just that much faster to win the NFC North - by defeating GB - and - being the cause GB didn't win the Division outright: proudly taking ownership of being the team that injured AR.

Has no bearing on AR playing next week or not - but if nothing else, I'd like to put a stake thru those pipedreams.

Set things right.

Shut them down.   

If nothing else.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »
Doesn't really matter as the seasons over because TT refuses to let Rodgers play. Who wants to win so that the team gets the pleasure of getting steamrolled at home by SF? I sure as hell don't.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 07:00:21 AM »
Doesn't really matter as the seasons over because TT refuses to let Rodgers play. Who wants to win so that the team gets the pleasure of getting steamrolled at home by SF? I sure as hell don't.

How many more times do you want to go on record wishing, hoping, predicting the Packers lose and that its over? You getting off being so consistently negative? Or  you feel you're making some strong, declarative statement?

We got it from you a few weeks ago : its over - no shot - no chance and everybody should be fired.

Done. You've shot your wad and clearly have had nothing more to say. So flare up a cigarette and bask in the afterglow for awhile - say, until a few years from now.

Oh, by the way - you're wrong - totally - completely - PERIOD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 07:12:57 AM »
To be perfectly honest, if Rodgers somehow is allowed to play this week, will he be able to overcome the rust that will definitely be on him to overcome the Bears anyway?

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 08:23:03 AM »
The NFC North Championship comes down to the Packers and Bears in Chicago! This could be one awesome game. The Packers will be missing two (2) HOF'ers (Rodgers and Matthews) and 4 other Pro Bowlers (IMO that is: Hayward, Lacy, Finley, Cobb) and our OL and DL are banged up.

Still, it's a rivalry game.

Packers: 27
Bears     26

James Starks will be the key to this game and Flynn needs to use his legs and make some sharp precision throws. Keep their offense off the field and get a couple of key turnovers.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
To be perfectly honest, if Rodgers somehow is allowed to play this week, will he be able to overcome the rust that will definitely be on him to overcome the Bears anyway?

cpk1994, what has happened to you? You were a beacon of light in a year of despair for several weeks. Then, suddenly, you turn into this grumpy caricature, the long haired, long bearded man dressed in rags, wearing sandals and carrying a sign saying "The End Is Near!"

Cheer up! Watch "Monty Python in Search of the Holy Grail." Or W.C. Fields "Its a Gift". Or "It's A Wonderful Life." Or "A Christmas Story". My goodness- stop looking for the cloud in the silver lining.   
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »
I still hold out hope of us winning the Super Bowl :D
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »

There is chance he will be rusty, but I'll take that over a wildly inconsistent Flynn.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »
If we have to play without Rodgers, Matthews, Lacy & Neal, I don't like our chances at all.  It could get ugly.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

cpk1994, what has happened to you? You were a beacon of light in a year of despair for several weeks. Then, suddenly, you turn into this grumpy caricature, the long haired, long bearded man dressed in rags, wearing sandals and carrying a sign saying "The End Is Near!"

Cheer up! Watch "Monty Python in Search of the Holy Grail." Or W.C. Fields "Its a Gift". Or "It's A Wonderful Life." Or "A Christmas Story". My goodness- stop looking for the cloud in the silver lining.
I was because I was confident that Rodgers would return and have already returned by now and already have the rust off. Now that it is clear that TT basically doesn't care about this season and Rodgers won't be cleared at all, it changes things. I am not going to get psyched knowing that even if they somehow pull off a win on Sunday vs. Chicago, they will get steamrolled the following week without Rodgers. Even if  TT loses his head and decides to let Rodgers play, Rodgers has not taken a snap in game in over 2 months. The rust will be there.

Basically I am resigned to the fate that management has dealt, that's all.