November 19, 2017, 10:08:01 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 48035 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
The NFC North Championship comes down to the Packers and Bears in Chicago! This could be one awesome game. The Packers will be missing two (2) HOF'ers (Rodgers and Matthews) and 4 other Pro Bowlers (IMO that is: Hayward, Lacy, Finley, Cobb) and our OL and DL are banged up.

Still, it's a rivalry game.

Packers: 27
Bears     26

James Starks will be the key to this game and Flynn needs to use his legs and make some sharp precision throws. Keep their offense off the field and get a couple of key turnovers.
Very premature to assume Lacy is out.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »
Just deleted a couple of posts for personal attacks.

My patience is running thin with this back and forth....and I'm a patient man.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »
Bears defense is a trainwreck...
#29 Yardage
#30 Points (almost 30 points/game - this is already a franchise record for them with 1 game to play)

Worst rushing defense...  160+ yards a game.

If Packers can run the ball and control the clock to keep Bears offense off the field, maybe they can pull this out in Chicago.  However, our rush defense is now equally as bad.

Expect a lot of points on the board.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Weather could well affect the game. If that icy wind is blowing off of Lake Michigan, look out. Another factor is that this is a Packers/Bears game. Since the two teams are relatively evenly matched, throw out the records and the stats, buckle your chin strap a little tighter, and get ready for a really physical game.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Weather could well affect the game. If that icy wind is blowing off of Lake Michigan, look out. Another factor is that this is a Packers/Bears game. Since the two teams are relatively evenly matched, throw out the records and the stats, buckle your chin strap a little tighter, and get ready for a really physical game.
For sure.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
If we have to play without Rodgers, Matthews, Lacy & Neal, I don't like our chances at all.  It could get ugly.

I think Lacy will be okay but what happened to Neal?

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »
Bears defense is a trainwreck...
#29 Yardage
#30 Points (almost 30 points/game - this is already a franchise record for them with 1 game to play)

Worst rushing defense...  160+ yards a game.

If Packers can run the ball and control the clock to keep Bears offense off the field, maybe they can pull this out in Chicago.  However, our rush defense is now equally as bad.

Expect a lot of points on the board.

The Bears defense was absolutely dreadful last night so if Lacy can play I like our chances no matter who is starting at QB.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
If we have to play without Rodgers, Matthews, Lacy & Neal, I don't like our chances at all.  It could get ugly.

No worries, Neal returned to the game after he was hurt.  I didn't see his return but it was pointed out to me in another thread. 

This is important as we will likely be without Matthews.  We'll need Perry and Neal to have good games on the outside.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »

From Packers.com ::

Vic, does this team deserve to be in the playoffs? I don't know, Vic, but even if this team makes it into the playoffs, they have played so poorly that I cannot expect much. The Steelers didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves.

That’s baloney and it’s a bad attitude. We were treated to a wonderful game on Sunday. It was a memorable game and the Steelers helped make it that kind of a game with a very gutsy effort. The fake-punt play required a daunting pass completion from the Steelers punter. The fourth-and-one play at midfield was a gutsy call that was converted calmly and expertly by Ben Roethlisberger. Micah Hyde’s kickoff return was off the charts for excitement. Matt Flynn made big pass completions and there’s no doubt in my mind we would’ve gone to overtime had it not been for the false-start penalty. That was a courageous and desperate performance by both teams on a weather-challenging day. If the Packers win the division title, they’ll deserve to be in the playoffs. The same goes for the Steelers if they make it into the playoffs. They’ve now won five of their last seven and have overcome an 0-4 start to be in playoff contention on the final day of the season. I salute both teams for overcoming the adversity they have to be playing for the playoffs on the final weekend of the season.

I’m glad we have a shot at the playoffs, Vic, but wouldn’t it be a little embarrassing to make it in as an eight-win team?

Not in today’s game. This league is truly about parity. How about Miami going to Buffalo with so much on the line and then not even scoring a point? The Ravens looked so good on Monday night in Detroit and then folded at home against the Patriots. How about everyone back in October talking about the Steelers’ window closing. Looks to me like their window is still open. We’re spending too much time trying to justify and quantify everything. Just watch and enjoy the games. Somebody has to get hot and win, and that will legitimize their run. Why not the Packers?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:28:58 PM by Leader »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »

Neal had a stinger, but he returned to the game. This is reported by the JSO.

Offline Saucyjak

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
The NFC North Championship comes down to the Packers and Bears in Chicago! This could be one awesome game. The Packers will be missing two (2) HOF'ers (Rodgers and Matthews) and 4 other Pro Bowlers (IMO that is: Hayward, Lacy, Finley, Cobb) and our OL and DL are banged up.

Bears     26

James Starks will be the key to this game and Flynn needs to use his legs and make some sharp precision throws. Keep their offense off the field and get a couple of key turnovers.

Can you post a link that says Cobb is out....Rodgers is out and Lacy won't play?

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »

Hmmmmmm Starks averaged 4.7 yards per carry.....which isnt too shabby. 47 yards on 10 carries.
That production might come in handy against CHI.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »

Bears     26

Can you post a link that says Cobb is out....Rodgers is out and Lacy won't play?

Unless Lacy or Rodgers goes on IR in the next few days there will be no definitive announcement on inactives until Friday.

Online Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »

Hmmmmmm Starks averaged 4.7 yards per carry.....which isnt too shabby. 47 yards on 10 carries.
That production might come in handy against CHI.

If Lacy does not play, he will need a big day for us to win.  In first game vs Bears he had the big run for TD as well.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
Doesn't really matter as the seasons over because TT refuses to let Rodgers play. Who wants to win so that the team gets the pleasure of getting steamrolled at home by SF? I sure as hell don't.

Please send happy pills now