November 22, 2017, 06:50:18 AM

Author Topic: NFL RULEBOOK  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
NFL RULEBOOK
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: NFL RULEBOOK
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:32:01 AM »
Introducing facts into the discussion?

For shame.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:36:04 AM »
:)

Offline Half Empty

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »
I give up.  As a separate thread, what is it we're supposed to be researching here?

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »
I give up.  As a separate thread, what is it we're supposed to be researching here?

Anything you'd like. It was offered as research material.
If needed - you now have it - if not - you dont need to use it.

Add on  ::  it was my thinking that this could be a helpful link to have "fixed" on the board somewhere. As discussion of football rules and rulings takes place throughout the season - having a handy, official reference guide might be useful to whomever chose to research it. Thats a board function however - so - until and if thats done - save it in your favorites if so inclined to use it. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:04:08 AM by Leader »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »

Good, now show us the rule that injured players must have clearance from a doctor to play again. Don't worry we'll wait even though we already know there isn't one.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »

Good, now show us the rule that injured players must have clearance from a doctor to play again. Don't worry we'll wait even though we already know there isn't one.

Are you a politician, or do you have aspirations to become one?

Just saying.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

Are you a politician, or do you have aspirations to become one?

Just saying.
[/quote]Nope. But he claimed that a doctor has to give the OK for him to play and that anyone who says the opposite is wrong. I am simply asking him to back up his claim. The fact that he can't tells you all you need to know.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
Better question might be is there a rule that a medical opinion cannot be considered,  when determining that a team play a team member. Rules are made to be broken and its the exception that proves the rule, but clearly, this team's medical input influenced their decisions on AR.
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »
..Add on  ::  it was my thinking that this could be a helpful link to have "fixed" on the board somewhere. As discussion of football rules and rulings takes place throughout the season - having a handy, official reference guide might be useful to whomever chose to research it. Thats a board function however - so - until and if thats done - save it in your favorites if so inclined to use it.

I agree.  This would be a great thing to have central on the board somewhere.  Probably the kind of thing that I'd look at occasionally but rarely, so putting it on my favorites might happen, but then 6 months and 23 other favorites later it might not be that fast to find.  Knowing it was here would be really nice.   thumbsup)

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »
Can someone add a link to the casebook as well?

It is 105 pages long and gives interpretations on the rules in a lot of situations. 
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."