November 23, 2017, 12:20:47 PM

Author Topic: Game Day Thread - 2014 Preseason - Chiefs @ Packers  (Read 19473 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Game Day Thread - 2014 Preseason - Chiefs @ Packers
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
The KC Chiefs uniforms come to Green Bay to play the GB Packers uniforms on Thursday at 7pm EST.

This is the 4th preseason game. We don't expect a lot of starters. We'll be watching Sherrod, Elliot, Hubbard, Janis, Tolzien.

The game is showing on NFL Network Sunday at 10am EST. Seriously, that's the best they could do.  I honestly believe these guys hate us. I think they would rather show a high school game than the Packers. Here's the games they're showing between our kickoff and when they show our game: (**** means it's showing for a second time)

New York Jets vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks vs. Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos vs. Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens vs. New Orleans
New England Patriots vs. New York Giants
Carolina Panthers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers vs. Houston Texans
Minnesota Vikings vs. Tennessee Titans
St. Louis Rams vs. Miami Dolphins
Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals
New England Patriots vs. New York Giants ****
New York Jets vs. Philadelphia Eagles ****
Baltimore Ravens vs. New Orleans ****
Arizona Cardinals vs. San Diego Chargers
Atlanta Falcons vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:43:40 AM by marklawrence »
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Game Day Thread - 2014 Preseason - Chiefs @ Packers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:43 AM »
Raji opened the door for Guion to walk in but if he can't play Thursday time to move on from him. Pennel must be moving into starting NT spot otherwise it is Boyd? Do we bring back either Jolly or Pick now?

Young guys last chance to make an impression to make the team. Tough cuts still coming at OLB, CB/S, WR, RB, TE and QB IMO.

Should be interesting.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »

This is the 4th preseason game. We don't expect a lot of starters. We'll be watching Sherrod, Elliot, Hubbard, Janis, Tolzien.

Stoneburner, Dorsey, Banjo, Richardson, Rolle, to name some other interesting guys. Final chance competition between Flynn/Tolzein and Mulumba/Palmer. Would be nice to see Guion and Rajion Neal too, but difficult to know when they are back. I'm guessing Goodson, Hubbard are two slated for the PS. Not sure if Bradford even makes that.

(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »
It might not hurt to give Guion another week to heal up that hammy.  He is a veteran so if he should miss this upcoming game it wouldn't be the end of the world.  With Raji's injury if Guion can come and fill in for him this might be one of Ted's quieter but important offseason moves in a while.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »
It might not hurt to give Guion another week to heal up that hammy.  He is a veteran so if he should miss this upcoming game it wouldn't be the end of the world.  With Raji's injury if Guion can come and fill in for him this might be one of Ted's quieter but important offseason moves in a while.

I believe Guion is eligible for the PUP. No?!

They could strash him there, let his hammy heal up 100%, and then decide to activate or release him.

Might be a viable strategy, imo.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
I believe Guion is eligible for the PUP. No?!

They could strash him there, let his hammy heal up 100%, and then decide to activate or release him.

Might be a viable strategy, imo.

Those are exactly my thoughts if this injury is still borderline as preseason ends.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 04:22:06 PM »
Not sure why, but I've never really been excited for a week 4 preseason game b/c of the lack of talent on the field for most of the game, but I'm really excited for it this year. 

Elliot, Pennel, Janis, Rolle, the 15 ILBs I know nothing about  :) , all should be fun to watch

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 06:27:45 PM »
I pray not ONE of our starters plays this week.  If they do we'll lose yet another one to injury before the damn season even starts.   :(

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
It should be a pretty vanilla boring game all the way around. I'll watch just to see how our 3rd stringers look and if there are any surprises left for roster spots.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »
It should be a pretty vanilla boring game all the way around. I'll watch just to see how our 3rd stringers look and if there are any surprises left for roster spots.

What are the coverage particulars? NFL Network? CBS? NBC? Acme Sports Channel?  :)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
State TV - NBC 26 (GB) and WTMJ 4 (MKE) will broadcast Packers preseason games that don't air nationally.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
With Tretter hurt, will AR play extra snaps with the replacement center to get a "real game" feel for his snapper? Or will the coaching staff hope that practice snaps will be enough to make the two comfortable with each other? It'll also be interesting to see who plays center, and if Sitton or Lang make the transition, and therefore play a few more snaps.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
State TV - NBC 26 (GB) and WTMJ 4 (MKE) will broadcast Packers preseason games that don't air nationally.

Flagshipped by Milwaukee’s WTMJ-TV and in conjunction with WGBA-TV in Green Bay, the game will be televised over the 14-station Packers TV Network throughout the state of Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, northeastern Minnesota, the Quad Cities, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Waterloo in Iowa, Omaha in Nebraska and Honolulu in Hawaii.

The top-notch broadcast team includes CBS’s Kevin Harlan (play-by-play) alongside fellow CBS broadcaster Rich Gannon (analyst), with Rod Burks of WTMJ-TV serving as the sideline reporter. An informative half-hour pregame show prior to the game, hosted by Lance Allan of WTMJ-TV, will feature former Packers tackle Mark Tauscher.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
Anybody know how I can get an online stream of the game Thursday night?  I can't get the Packer's broadcast down here in FL.   :-\

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »
Anybody know how I can get an online stream of the game Thursday night?  I can't get the Packer's broadcast down here in FL.   :-\

liveball.tv

http://stream2watch.me/

http://www.coolsport.se/

Those all usually stream games, though I find liveball.tv to usually be the best. 

Side Note: If you're trying to stream games online I highly suggest downloading AdBlock Plus (totally free, takes less than two minutes to download and set up) because a lot of the online steams put up a bunch of ads when you try and turn on the stream.