September 23, 2017, 05:55:08 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Jets Game Day Thread  (Read 30600 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
The OFFICIAL Packers v. Jets Game Day Thread
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »
Not sure where Ricky, who normally starts these Game Day threads, is but it's time to get this party started.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Jets Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »
Not sure where Ricky, who normally starts these Game Day threads, is but it's time to get this party started.

Sleeping in today  :)

Excited for the Jets game this weekend.  Should be a great opportunity to get the passing game going.  Would really prefer to use Lacy a bit more sparingly this year and lean a little more on the passing game.  When we're more passing oriented it seems to make MM reach further into the playbook and be more creative, which is something I think has been lacking.  The Jets have a really weak secondary (though a really solid front 7) so I'm hoping for a nice game for Rodgers and co.

Defensively will be interesting to see.  That Jets offense is terrible, so one would hope to see a nice performance from the GB Def.   Could be a nice chance for the defense to gel a bit and possibly get some momentum going into the division games

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
Not sleeping. The inimitable one is going through a series of medical tests to diagnose an ongoing problem. So, this week has and will continue to be full of doctors visits and various procedures to find out what is going on.

Anyway, there seems to be a tone on the board that the Jets are going to be an easy win. I've seen several predictions of double digit winning margins by the Packers. This optimism, coming in the wake of the Seattle beatdown, is puzzling. The entire team- including AR, are going to have to step up their games.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
Not sleeping. The inimitable one is going through a series of medical tests to diagnose an ongoing problem. So, this week has and will continue to be full of doctors visits and various procedures to find out what is going on.

Anyway, there seems to be a tone on the board that the Jets are going to be an easy win. I've seen several predictions of double digit winning margins by the Packers. This optimism, coming in the wake of the Seattle beatdown, is puzzling. The entire team- including AR, are going to have to step up their games.

Damn Dude.....that doesn't sound fun/good at all....hope things work out for the best....but dont be late again!  LOL Just kidding.
Nice to actually LOOK FORWARD and walk away from the dissection table!  Geeezzzz the formaldehyde was starting to kill me!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »
Agreed, all the best to you ricky.

This game feels like a long time coming. I expect we'll see Sherrod start, and I have a sneaking suspicion Lacy plays. I haven't seen anything from MM yet, but apparently Bostick also returned to practice today.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »
Ok, so apparently Bulaga is wearing a knee brace and practicing today. Lacy in shorts, no pads. Brad Jones sitting out too.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »
This should be a Packer victory but probably not as convincing as one would hope for. However, it is always all about the "W" so we will have reason to be happy when the final whistle blows.

The Jets defense had a decent outing against the Raiders. They also play a 3-4 set and their front 3 are pretty good.

LE: Wilkerson
NT: Harrison
RE: Richardson

PFF gave them all positive grades from last week and combined, they had 2 QB hits and 4 QB hurries. Wilkerson had 3 batted passes as well. That is something to keep in mind. The solid play upfront allowed the Safety and an OLB to come in and get a sack each. They have a decent Safety combo (Pryor, Landry) and their RCB (Allen) is solid. Still, I can't see these guys shutting down Rodgers and the Packers offense. I expect Boykin and Cobb to do some real damage in that secondary. Nelson always plays well.

Offensively the Jets are not that scary. Weakness on the OL is the RG (Colon) and Geno Smith is a very mobile QB. They do pass block a lot better than run block at least so far this season. Still, I think Green Bay can outscore them and when the Jets have to throw, I expect Matthews and Peppers to really apply some pressure.

Even with Lacy out, it would not surprise me to see Starks rack up some very good yardage. I'll call it:

Packers   34
Jets        21

GO PACK GO
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »

Best wishes with that Ricky

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »
Unless we figure out how to tackle and the O line can open holes for the running game and keep Aaron's jersey clean it might be a long afternoon.   :-\

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »
This should be a Packer victory but probably not as convincing as one would hope for.

Packers   34
Jets        21

GO PACK GO

A 13 point margin is a convincing win in my book...

But good points you made.  I think the strength of their team, and more specifically their defense, is their front 7.  If Adams is able to see more action this week I would love to run a bunch of 4 WR sets and stretch the field and get as many of their front 7 guys off the field as possible.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »

Best wishes with that Ricky

Yes, I hope Ricky gets good news.   :-*

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 03:43:42 PM »
Ok, so apparently Bulaga is wearing a knee brace and practicing today. Lacy in shorts, no pads. Brad Jones sitting out too.

Addition by subtraction. Hope he's our version of Wally Pipp!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »

Best news I've heard all week!!

>:D

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »

Best news I've heard all week!!

>:D

Gotta rest him up for some more missed tackles next week  ;)

Offline Ron836

• Second String
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:47 PM »
24 packers

23 jets