September 21, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Jets Game Day Thread  (Read 30532 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Jets Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 06:21:13 AM »
Two thanks here. first, to all of those who have offered support. Its gratefully and humbly accepted. And, thanks, LMG, for waiting to start the thread, and being gracious enough to mention me as the regular starter. Very much appreciated.

Again, the Packers are going to have to show they are ready to play, because last Thursday, they looked flummoxed, confused and out of sync. This included AR, who never threw toward Sherman's/Boykin's side. It seems there are two possibilties here:

1. AR looked that way, but Boykin was never open.
2. AR never looked that way because he doesn't trust Boykin/feared Sherman.

Either way, the Packers conceded half the field to the Seahawks. That, and the Packers defenders simply don't seem to know how to tackle.

It seems likely to be a close game- those who are still predicting a double digit win by the Packers are underestimating the Jets, and overestimating the Packers, IMO. Until the offense shows it can get in sync, and the defense shows it can stop he run (the Jets had over 200 yards rushing against the Raiders last week), this could well be very tight game. Followed by games against all three division rivals, two of them away, this is the time when the Packers take a big step forwad, or back. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »
I'm actually going to this game.

Green Bay 27 V NYJ 13
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline fondypackfan

• Rookie
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »
Hello All.  Long time reader but first time poster.

I am sick of everyone at my job talking all doom and gloom about the Packers after we got beat down by the defending champions on the road on opening night.  Time to right the ship against the Jets and they will surely do that.  I am pretty confident the offense will put up the points; but I really want to see the defense shut down a Jets offense that put simply just isn't very good.  If they struggle stopping this team it might be a long year on that side of the ball

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
Just have no feel for where the Packers are as a team after last Thursday. Jets front seven are for real. The offensive line is pretty good and the balance of the team is poor.

If their front 7 control the game which they are capable of, it could be a real dog fight. We should win convincingly, but I just don't know.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Lacy expected to play:

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, "it appears" Eddie Lacy (concussion) will play Sunday against the Jets.

Lacy is in the final stages of the NFL's concussion protocol, with the only hurdle left being clearance from an independent neurologist. "He's had good workouts," said coach Mike McCarthy. "He's progressed very quickly." The Jets pose a difficult Week 2 matchup for Lacy, but he is an every-down back in a potent offense who gets goal-line chances. He'll immediately resume RB1 status.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »
I'm actually going to this game.

Green Bay 27 V NYJ 13

Have fun at the game man

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:13:53 PM »
i love that we have Lacy back, although i don't expect a huge rushing day against the Jets.  if our OL can pass protect and run block against their front 7, i'll feel a lot better about this season going forward.  even if our OL struggles, i still expect Rodgers to do enough damage through the air to get a win.

my only worry is if the Jets can turn this into a low-scoring ball-control type game.  our run defense is suspect until proven otherwise.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
I really want to see Aaron get in a groove early. If the Jets D can get to him in the first couple series, I have a feeling we'll be in for another frustrating performance on offense.

This game is also a chance for the defense to start finally forcing some turnovers!

Offline Smokey

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:24 AM »
Green Bay - 31

New York  - 26

The Offence gets out of 1st gear this week.
The Defence bends but does not break. Still a work in progress.
Special Teams can only get better, they have to.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
The Pack will win......
Oddly - or a result of climate change - a "NorEaster" rips into MetLife Stadium minutes before game time. Referee's and Umpires alike look at one another - each silently longing for the days of replacement officials. Fans and friends alike huddle for warmth and cover against the harsh gusts (and.....its easier to steal the bottle of Jack Daniels their neighbor's hiding in his jacket by huddling close)....

Everyone but AR is cowered by the elements. He stands firm and undaunted by he conditions. His passes slice thru the wind torrents like heat seeking missiles - warming the receivers hands upon receipt and energizing their gallop to paydirt- and Lacy - he runs over people like an avalanche - burying everything (and everyone) in his path. 

The Pack will win.
Cant say what the score will be....but it'll be just like that  :)

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »
We all know how well Capers and MM motivate their respective sides of the ball. I can see this as a close game, going into the fourth. Jets go up with less than two minutes to play. MM calls his final time out, for no apparent reason. He pulls together the offense, talks about pad level, assignments, and intensity. He concludes the time out with, "Get one for the Ricker".

Packers 27
Jets      23
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:34:26 AM by get louder at lambeau »
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline fondypackfan

• Rookie
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
I will go with 31-17 Packers.  Rodgers has a big day and the defense forces at least 2 turnovers including an interception from a safety.  I know I am going out on a limb there.  Matthews and Peppers combine for at least 3 sacks as well. 

Offline Pack Man

• Second String
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
The Pack will win......
Oddly - or a result of climate change - a "NorEaster" rips into MetLife Stadium minutes before game time. Referee's and Umpires alike look at one another - each silently longing for the days of replacement officials. Fans and friends alike huddle for warmth and cover against the harsh gusts (and.....its easier to steal the bottle of Jack Daniels their neighbor's hiding in his jacket by huddling close)....

Everyone but AR is cowered by the elements. He stands firm and undaunted by he conditions. His passes slice thru the wind torrents like heat seeking missiles - warming the receivers hands upon receipt and energizing their gallop to paydirt- and Lacy - he runs over people like an avalanche - burying everything (and everyone) in his path. 

The Pack will win.

Humm...If the NorEastern is at MetLife Stadium How will that help us here at Lambeau Field?

If I'm not mistaken Its a home game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:19:35 AM by Pack Man »

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:14 AM »
The Pack will win......

The Pack will win.

Tell them to hurry up and get to Green Bay where the game is being played this week!  ::)
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:41 AM »
The Pack will win......

The Pack will win.

Tell them to hurry up and get to Green Bay where the game is being played this week!  ::)

That is correct isnt it? HA! Must've gotten lost in a creative fog.....HAHA.