November 23, 2017, 12:36:28 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread  (Read 33468 times)

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »
Suburban Detroiter here and going to the game. Let me know if anyone else is going. I may be able to save your life.

I went to game at Detroit many years ago at Pontiac Silverdome... it was final game of season when Sharpe got record for number of receptions in a season.  I was with group of friends with our Packers jerseys on and each time he caught pass we got up and applauded like most of the Packers fans and several times pelted with garbage thrown by Lions fans.

Packers lost and several Lions fans were very verbally abusive after the game... heard the term "fudXXPackers" over and over and over.  At least I did not see any fights.

Enjoy and be safe.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
The Lions have never beaten Aaron.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

Technically inaccurate. Rodgers started game in Dec. 2010 and left with concussion. Flynn came in and Packers lost 7-3.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »

Technically inaccurate. Rodgers started game in Dec. 2010 and left with concussion. Flynn came in and Packers lost 7-3.

If you liked defense, you liked that game.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »

It was definitely weird watching that game and then the Patriots game the following week.  Flynn couldn't do anything against Detroit and I was worried beyond belief about playing NE, but then Matty Ice almost won the game for us.

Hopefully Matt's biggest job this time around is holding the clipboard though

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
I dreamed last night that I was at a party with a guy wearing a Scott Tolzien jersey. I live in Canada, so this would be extra weird if it ever happened in real life. Hopefully not an omen of things to come this season...  :-X

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 11:57:24 AM »
I'm expecting a game in the 40's or 50's if we can get good pass protection and I think we are going to need every single one of those points with the rate our defense has allowed points thus far this year.  I've got absolutely no confidence in our defense.  If not for a Failmerry type blown call last week you are talking about allowing 31 points (and a tied game w/ 3 minutes left) to one of the NFL's worst offenses (29th in points in 2013, 25th in yards in 2013 and only 19 points at home against Oakland in wk 1). 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »

I was at that game.  That wasn't good defense, that was bad football.... then again the party bus I rode to the game might have had something to do with my memory of that game.  I woke up in the 3rd (or 4th) and asked my brother "Where's Aaron"?  I'm not a big drinker and drank WAY TOO MUCH on the way there.

That game is the reason I didn't want my GF to buy me tickets for Sunday's game for my Birthday and I turned down an oppurtunity to be on the color guard squad.  I hate losing to the Lions and I can't stand their fan base. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:06:37 PM by SSG »

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 12:01:28 PM »
depends on how you count it. Rodgers left the game with the game tied 0-0. when was the quarterback that the law should go to in my opinion.

however it is technically correct the Rogers lost the game as the starting quarterback
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:02:49 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
I'm expecting a game in the 40's or 50's if we can get good pass protection and I think we are going to need every single one of those points with the rate our defense has allowed points thus far this year.  I've got absolutely no confidence in our defense.  If not for a Failmerry type blown call last week you are talking about allowing 31 points (and a tied game w/ 3 minutes left) to one of the NFL's worst offenses (29th in points in 2013, 25th in yards in 2013 and only 19 points at home against Oakland in wk 1).

Now that's just silly. You're comparing a blown whistle (thanks to a sideline screwup admitted to by Jets coaches and players) to a game-ending on-field call. How confident are you that no Packers heard that whistle and eased up even just a little bit? If you watch the replay, it looks to me like Davon House clearly saw the ref signal timeout before he let his man blow by him downfield.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
Was the game the last 'defensive struggle/battle' we've been in?

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »

Fail Mary game?

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »

Now that's just silly. You're comparing a blown whistle (thanks to a sideline screwup admitted to by Jets coaches and players) to a game-ending on-field call. How confident are you that no Packers heard that whistle and eased up even just a little bit? If you watch the replay, it looks to me like Davon House clearly saw the ref signal timeout before he let his man blow by him downfield.

Its not silly at all.  It was a wrong call that directly resulted with points being taken off the board.  A call that the NFL said was incorrect.  Had the ref being doing his job, the whistle wouldn't have been blown and the Jets would have put another 7 on the board. I don't get the excuse that "Timeout was called" to take every ounce of accountability off the shoulders of the ref who screwed the Jets by not doing his job.  What if a fan would have called Timeout?  The ref could use the same excuse.. "I wasn't doing my job right but someone said Timeout".  AT least the ref in the failmerry was TRYING to do his job, the ref on Sunday blatantly ignored part of his responsibility and in doing so made a terrible call.  Thankfully we benefited from the lazy ref.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »
Packers injury report:

Probable: DB Hyde (knee)

Questionable: T Bulaga (knee), CB Hayward (glute)

Out: ILB B Jones (quad), OLB Mulumba (knee)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »

Fail Mary game?

Correct! Trying to wipe that one out of my memory!