September 21, 2017, 04:27:34 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 25378 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
Kind of interesting, of the 8 people that predicted L-W-L for the first 3 games in the prediction thread, the GB @ Chicago game is split down the middle with 4 votes a piece.

I'm not feeling great about the game as division games are always tough, but lets hope we get things going this week

FWIW BB, in scanning down the entire list, I noticed there are another four players that predicted L/W/L to start. 3 of the 4 are predicting a Packer win this Sunday.

Surely this bodes well for the Packers!      ( - ; #

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
FWIW BB, in scanning down the entire list, I noticed there are another four players that predicted L/W/L to start. 3 of the 4 are predicting a Packer win this Sunday.

I will gladly be wrong and take a Packers win with my L/W/L/L start for Packers.

Bears hold an 93-89-6 all time edge in the series... I would like to see Packers ahead in the series eventually.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »
First ever Packers / Bears game from Packers.com

Packers fans take Chicago by storm – The Packers were admitted to what is now the NFL in August of 1921, but it wasn’t until two months later when George Halas, founder and coach of the Chicago Staleys, agreed to play them on five days notice that they knew for sure they were in the big leagues. A week earlier, a contingent of hard-partying Packers fans had traveled to Chicago to watch their team play the Cardinals. But the Staleys – to be renamed the Bears the next year – were a more revered opponent. The first game in the Packers-Bears rivalry was played on Nov. 27, 1921, and several hundred fans from Green Bay were on hand. They left on a midnight train with their own band and arrived in The Loop early Sunday morning. With band members dressed as lumberjacks and blasting their instruments, the gang marched down Michigan Avenue – in and out of hotel lobbies – and had to fend off police as they raised a non-stop ruckus. From there they headed to what is now Wrigley Field and stirred up some more mischief. “Never in my experience have I witnessed a better display of spirit,” one Chicago sportswriter declared to cohorts. The Packers-Bears rivalry was born.

Other stories at the link
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Five-best-stories-from-Packers-vs-Bears/ec52a1f9-b06e-45b3-943c-70eabaf33518

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 09:41:16 AM »

I will gladly be wrong and take a Packers win with my L/W/L/L start for Packers.

Bears hold an 93-89-6 all time edge in the series... I would like to see Packers ahead in the series eventually.

No doubt Hincha. The Packers have been chipping away at that series lead for years...you may recall, at one time the Bears had a HUGE advantage!

Offline get louder at lambeau

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »

EDIT: Members can 'FIX' their own posts.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:35:55 AM by LMGAdmin »
Why can't Ted Thompson be the MVP of the NFL?

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
Injury update for the Bears Game
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
It looks like Brad Jones might be back for the Bears game.   :-\   I am hoping.. and I would suspect that many on here would probably agree, that Lattimore plays a majority of the time instead of BJones.  Also, the article says that Bulaga is doing better but Bostick is hurting a bit.   I am wondering if that are going to limit the numbers of plays that Clay is involved in because of the groin injury. 

Full Participation
WR Jarrett Boykin (knee)
T Bryan Bulaga (knee)
CB Davon House (knee)
OLB Nick Perry (wrist)

Limited Participation
ILB Brad Jones (quad)
OLB Clay Matthews (groin)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/packers-practice-report-everyones-practicing-191002728.html

CHICAGO BEARS - WEEK 4 INJURY REPORT
GAME STATUS
Allen, Jared   DE   Illness   DNP         
Conte, Chris   S   Shoulder   LP         
Fiammetta, Tony   FB   Hamstring   DNP         
Garza, Roberto   C/G   Ankle   DNP         
Marshall, Brandon   WR   Ankle   DNP         
McClellin, Shea   LB   Hand   DNP         
McManis, Sherrick   CB   Quadricep   DNP         
Mundy, Ryan   S   Shoulder   LP         
Ratliff, Jeremiah   DT   Concussion   DNP         
Slauson, Matt   G   Ankle   DNP      

* The Bears did not practice on Wednesday.

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:39:20 AM by MrJuly4th »

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

Love the enthusiasm from both of you guys.  And considering I went L/W/L/W I would love a win this weekend!

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »
Away against the formidable Bears. And though I hate the Bears, this is going to be a real tough game to win. But then again, that's why they play the game.

At this moment, anything looks tough. Hope the boys figure out what needs fixing, but I'm not sure enough people in the organisation are desperate enough to take that hard look in the mirror. Maybe they will be after another loss, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: Injury update for the Bears Game
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
CHICAGO BEARS - WEEK 4 INJURY REPORT
GAME STATUS
Allen, Jared   DE   Illness   DNP         
Conte, Chris   S   Shoulder   LP         
Fiammetta, Tony   FB   Hamstring   DNP         
Garza, Roberto   C/G   Ankle   DNP         
Marshall, Brandon   WR   Ankle   DNP         
McClellin, Shea   LB   Hand   DNP         
McManis, Sherrick   CB   Quadricep   DNP         
Mundy, Ryan   S   Shoulder   LP         
Ratliff, Jeremiah   DT   Concussion   DNP         
Slauson, Matt   G   Ankle   DNP      

Today's Bears injury report was the same except Mundy was upgraded from limited to full.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »
OK,  The Bears are going to shred this defense on short to medium routes taking advantage of our middle linebackers who cant cover a tree.  Cutler knowing full well of Julius Peppers pass defense skills will be all over that side of the field with Forte.  Bennett will eat our ILBs alive.  Our only shot is Cutler being Cutler and handing us a pick or two, Lacy deciding to run this week instead of tap dancing and heading to outside where every player on D catches him by the time he turns the corner, and the Packer offense getting in tune because you have to nickle and dime the bears.  Based on how this offense is playing, Im not sure they are efficient enough to nickle and dime the Bears without drives stalling.  I hope they find their rhythm and find it fast, because they will need it this week.           
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:31:01 PM by LMGAdmin »

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »
Deleted one of those 'ranting' posts that had NOTHING to do with the Game Day thread and was disruptive.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
Expect more cover-2 shell this week from Chicago.

Pack has to find a way to solve that riddle.

Getting some kind of a running game going will help, but I doubt it's enough to make them stop playing cover-2.

Putting a WR in motion and/or running some shallow crossing routes from 2-TE formations could loosen it up a bit, especially if the CHI LB's make deep drops on pass plays.

There needs to be pressure brought to the middle of the defense. That might help pull the Safeties in a bit from the outside.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 02:33:20 AM »
Don't count on motion at all from the Packer offense. Rodgers stated on his radio show this week that he hates motion in the offense. He said it more often than not gives an advantage to the defense. I'm hoping for an actual west-coast offense, the other part of what you said danno. Slants and shallow crossing routes. Also for Lacy and the o-line to wake up when run blocking.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:51 AM »
Don't count on motion at all from the Packer offense. Rodgers stated on his radio show this week that he hates motion in the offense. He said it more often than not gives an advantage to the defense. I'm hoping for an actual west-coast offense, the other part of what you said danno. Slants and shallow crossing routes. Also for Lacy and the o-line to wake up when run blocking.

Wish he would explain why it gives advantage to the defense. Maybe it's not a good fit for an up-tempo offensive game plan??

Given the number of offenses that put men in motion (WR, TE, or RB), I question the accuracy of his statement.

I tend to lean more towards what his first statement was ("he hates motion"), and therefore dismisses it outright.

It will be interesting to watch and see if some kind of "motion" finds it's way into the offense at some point this season.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:13 AM »
Wish he would explain why it gives advantage to the defense. Maybe it's not a good fit for an up-tempo offensive game plan??

+1

Intrigued by comment as well.