September 21, 2017, 04:25:38 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 27919 times)

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 05:39:54 PM »
The Vikings always play their best games against te Packers, either home or away. Ponder had his best games against the Packers, and I'd expect Bridgewater to cause the Packers problems simply because he is an unknown.

Doesn't it always seem to happen that guys you like go to other NFC North teams. A few years back I liked McClellan (as most packerwire posters did), even though he hasn't turned out to be much. I liked 3 QB's in the last draft, Connor Shaw (S.Carolina - went undrafted), Jimmy Garoppolo (E.Illinois, taken by New England), and Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »
The Vikings were reeling until the Falcons RT went down and they were forced to play their TE at RT.  After that the Vikes could rush 4-5 and use the rest of their guys to cover 2-3 receivers.  It simply wasn't a fair fight at the end. 

The Packers MUST get out to a lead to take the running game away from the Vikings.  Zimmer is smart enough to run the ball even when down by 2 TD's.  No doubt Zimmer will pound the ball up the gut and use the passing game sparingly.  I have little doubt that they CAN do that as well.  Even Pennel was getting blown off of the LOS in the waning minutes yesterday.  The Bears OL doubled one of the two DT's and opened holes with ease up the middle vs. the Pack.  No doubt the Vikings will see that tape and do it even better if Capers tries to go to his light nickel front.   

Dom will need to go back to his 3-4 base D for this one.  The Nickel front vs. this Vikes OL will NOT work.  They have some big boys on that OL and they have a potent "thunder" and "lightning" attack at RB. No way our DL has a remote chance to hold up vs. those brutes. 

Earlier this year I said this team is a QB and another draft away from being dominant.  Laugh all you want, but I see a mini Seattle being built in the Twin cities.  Teddy was good yesterday.  He's a passer first and will only run if he's forced to - even though he's a REALLY quick guy.  They have three very good WR and some good TE's.  Their secondary is much improved.  Rhodes is a young Winfield in the making.  Harrison is legit.  The DL is coming along. They have hardly even scratched the surface with Patterson. 

It will be a tough game if we don't get out to a lead early.  We won't have Cutler gifting 2 INT's for this one. 

Packers - 28
Vikings - 24
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »
This game will be a cakewalk, no doubt about it.

We clearly signed Guion strictly for his knowledge of the Vikings inner-workings, so I have no doubt we blow out the Vikings this week  ;)

Offline PhoenixPackerBacker

• Rookie
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »
The Vikings were reeling until the Falcons RT went down and they were forced to play their TE at RT.  After that the Vikes could rush 4-5 and use the rest of their guys to cover 2-3 receivers.  It simply wasn't a fair fight at the end. 

The Packers MUST get out to a lead to take the running game away from the Vikings.  Zimmer is smart enough to run the ball even when down by 2 TD's.  No doubt Zimmer will pound the ball up the gut and use the passing game sparingly.  I have little doubt that they CAN do that as well.  Even Pennel was getting blown off of the LOS in the waning minutes yesterday.  The Bears OL doubled one of the two DT's and opened holes with ease up the middle vs. the Pack.  No doubt the Vikings will see that tape and do it even better if Capers tries to go to his light nickel front.   

Dom will need to go back to his 3-4 base D for this one.  The Nickel front vs. this Vikes OL will NOT work.  They have some big boys on that OL and they have a potent "thunder" and "lightning" attack at RB. No way our DL has a remote chance to hold up vs. those brutes. 

Earlier this year I said this team is a QB and another draft away from being dominant.  Laugh all you want, but I see a mini Seattle being built in the Twin cities.  Teddy was good yesterday.  He's a passer first and will only run if he's forced to - even though he's a REALLY quick guy.  They have three very good WR and some good TE's.  Their secondary is much improved.  Rhodes is a young Winfield in the making.  Harrison is legit.  The DL is coming along. They have hardly even scratched the surface with Patterson. 

It will be a tough game if we don't get out to a lead early.  We won't have Cutler gifting 2 INT's for this one. 

Packers - 28
Vikings - 24
I am a little worried also.....mobile QBs usually kill us.   They will have to commit a LB to shadow him or something........

Offline raptorman

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »

We clearly signed Guion strictly for his knowledge of the Vikings inner-workings, so I have no doubt we blow out the Vikings this week  ;)
I hope they pick his mind.  Considering he can tell them all about last years defense.  That would work well for the Packers.  :)
Something new coming soon!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

I hope they pick his mind.  Considering he can tell them all about last years defense.  That would work well for the Packers.  :)

LOL!!

Props on that one raptorman!!

;D ;D

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »
People are vastly overrating the Vikings here. Big deal, Bridgewater cut up a horrible Falcons D at home.  He is going on the road on short notice with a bum ankle.  The Packers win this one easily 38-17.

The Packers defense has been playing well only in spurts so far this season. Plus, they ran the ball very well against the Falcons. So, expect to see a lot of ground game, trying to control the clock, and keeping the Packers offense on the sidelines, where they are less likely to score. Patterson is a threat on end arounds, similar to Jeffrey of the Bears.

Surprising how a good offensive performance makes so many do their "happy dance" and start predicting blowouts again. Didn't the first three games teach us anything? Like, other teams also play well, and we have to take them seriously. So, no, expect another close game, similar to the Jets. And hopefully with a aimilarly happy outcome.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »

My post was 100% in fun (hoping you picked up on that).  Feeling like GB is in good shape but I definitely don't plan on winning due to Guion's knowledge of a former system

Offline PhoenixPackerBacker

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
People are vastly overrating the Vikings here. Big deal, Bridgewater cut up a horrible Falcons D at home.  He is going on the road on short notice with a bum ankle.  The Packers win this one easily 38-17.

The Packers defense has been playing well only in spurts so far this season. Plus, they ran the ball very well against the Falcons. So, expect to see a lot of ground game, trying to control the clock, and keeping the Packers offense on the sidelines, where they are less likely to score. Patterson is a threat on end arounds, similar to Jeffrey of the Bears.

Surprising how a good offensive performance makes so many do their "happy dance" and start predicting blowouts again. Didn't the first three games teach us anything? Like, other teams also play well, and we have to take them seriously. So, no, expect another close game, similar to the Jets. And hopefully with a aimilarly happy outcome.

Exactly......we gave up almost 500 yards of offense against the Bears......mainly on the ground......and Cutler was our best defensive player.   This can't keep happening and have the same results.    The offense won't always click like this either.    I think the Packers win but it will be a close one.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
Packers will redeem themselves on defense

Offense gained a ton of confidence last week

Lambeau Field

Weather looks to be rainy...50% plus

Green Bay 34 v Minnesota 21
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
Exactly......we gave up almost 500 yards of offense against the Bears......mainly on the ground......and Cutler was our best defensive player.   This can't keep happening and have the same results.    The offense won't always click like this either.    I think the Packers win but it will be a close one.

Another phoenician!  Glad to have you on board buddy

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 10:38:27 PM »
Another phoenician!  Glad to have you on board buddy

I was nearly a Phoenician.... lived in Chandler (Warner and Alma School) and worked in Tempe (Mill and Broadway) for 4+ years. 

When I went there for my job interview and first time was ever in metro area I was in the middle of high speed car chase.  Thief in stolen car passed me on Broadway followed by 8-10 cop cars and helicopter over head.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 10:50:18 PM »
I was nearly a Phoenician.... lived in Chandler (Warner and Alma School) and worked in Tempe (Mill and Broadway) for 4+ years. 

Very cool man.  I'm a bit farther north (32nd St and Cactus) but I have a bunch of friends around the Chandler/Tempe area.  From what I've gathered you're down in Argentina, what took you down there from Phoenix (or the states in general) if you don't mind me asking?

When I went there for my job interview and first time was ever in metro area I was in the middle of high speed car chase.  Thief in stolen car passed me on Broadway followed by 8-10 cop cars and helicopter over head.

Too funny.  I moved up here from Tucson after growing up on the east coast, and literally a month after I moved up to Phoenix - a semi lost a tire on the freeway and managed to land under my car and tear the radiator out amongst other things.  So apparently Phoenix is the place to be for crazy stuff to happen!  Hope all is well down in South America buddy

And to keep this on topic, Go Packers  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:51:27 PM by bbayley »

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »
They have a solid running game, and I expect them to pound the ball on the ground, regardless of who's taking the snaps.  McKinnon is a dang good, speedy little back, and Asiata is a bruiser.  They have a pretty darn good team, in spite of all of the off field issues - and young!  No doubt they have some talent, and I hope GB is prepared.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »

Exactly! The defense gave up 500 yards and everyone seems to just do a thousand yard stare past it because the offense had a near perfect day. Same old song and dance. The offense isn't going to bail you out every weekend, especially come December and January.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."