November 23, 2017, 12:36:59 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Panthers v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 20302 times)

Offline fondypackfan

• Rookie
Re: The OFFICIAL Panthers v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »
I think the Pack continues there winning ways here.  I don't think it is going to be a blowout but I don't think it will be like Miami either.  If Benjamin ends up being out you double Olsen as much as you can and keep a spy on Newton. I don't know that they have enough weapons outside of those guys.  I think the Panthers will still probably put up some points but I don't think they can hang 30 like the Packers can.  The read option will almost definitely be used a lot; hopefully Capers has a plan for that.  They weren't expecting it last week in Miami but they sure as heck better game plan for it against Carolina.

I will call it 31-20 Packers.  I also predict NO will beat Detroit so we will be alone in 1st place.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
I think the running may be difficult on Sunday for Packers.

You might be right but I have a feeling Lacy gets his first 100+ game. Rodgers should light up their secondary as well.

Offensively, we might be in for a huge game. That would be good, especially with Shields out and Williams having a sprained ankle.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
You might be right but I have a feeling Lacy gets his first 100+ game. Rodgers should light up their secondary as well.

Offensively, we might be in for a huge game. That would be good, especially with Shields out and Williams having a sprained ankle.

I thought Eddie broke 100 against minnesota.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

He did.

He had 105.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
The Packers are better at:
QB, RB, WR, OL, DB & ST
Carolina has a better fron 7 on defense (though even they have struggled lately.

At Lambeau, GB should bury the Panthers.
Not sure I'd rate the GB o-line as better than Carolina's. While their line isn't anything special, GB's isn't exactly either.

Same thing with special teams. Green Bay has had a punt and a field goal blocked. They've allowed a couple big kick returns (luckily Patterson's was called back). Punt team has been tremendous and the punt return team has been pretty good. I think for Carolina, Philly Brown is capable as anyone we have. While his TD return was kind of a fluke play, he still looks dangerous. I forgot the punter's name, but he can change field position consistently with booming punts. I see special teams as a wash for the two teams.

I'm still seeing it as a close game. We don't have much of an edge at RB. In the secondary, I'm not convinced Bush and Hyde can handle it. The past has proved otherwise. Both teams are very strong at QB. The only way I see a game with a lop-sided score, is if Kelvin Benjamin is out and Tramon Williams plays.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

He did.

He had 105.

Thanks for the correction! My bad!

I think he will have his 2nd 100+ game of the year!  :)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
Just heard the news- Cam Newton is suffering from Tar Heel. Maybe that'll slow him down.  ::)
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
Stewart to start for Panthers:

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Jonathan Stewart (knee) will start Sunday's Week 7 game against the Packers.

Stewart has been practicing in full this week and will return from a three-week absence. It's a favorable matchup against the Packers' league-worst run defense. Green Bay is surrendering over 154 yards per game on the ground. Stewart will likely see 12-15 carries. He's our No. 27 running back this week.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »
Stewart to start for Panthers:

Jonathan Stewart (knee) will start Sunday's Week 7 game against the Packers.

Stewart has been practicing in full this week and will return from a three-week absence. It's a favorable matchup against the Packers' league-worst run defense. Green Bay is surrendering over 154 yards per game on the ground. Stewart will likely see 12-15 carries. He's our No. 27 running back this week.

I don't like Stewart.

He ended Nick Collins career.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »
Appreciate some good comments Sunday as we won't get the game here in Reno.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 12:07:21 AM »
Last week, packers.com had a link to listen to a live broadcst of the game. Hopefully, that will happen today.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
Last week, packers.com had a link to listen to a live broadcst of the game. Hopefully, that will happen today.

WTMJ 620 has streamed all games so far this year:

http://www.620wtmj.com/listen-live

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:31:33 AM by JQ »

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:06 AM »

WTMJ 620 has streamed all games so far this year:

http://www.620wtmj.com/listen-live

You know you guys can actually watch a live stream for free right?

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »

You know you guys can actually watch a live stream for free right?

Thanks CM-I personally am aware, but I prefer to listen the the Larribee and McCarren radio call after having a bad tech experience with one of the dodgy internet streams.

I actually prefer the radio call; it's nostalgic for me. It seems like Ray Scott did a "simulcast" back in those days (the early to mid-60s)    \ - : #

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »
Looks like game time weather will be mostly cloudy and about 50 degrees.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Green+Bay+WI+USWI0288:1:US