September 23, 2017, 07:52:57 AM

Author Topic: The OFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 15815 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: The OFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 05:31:11 PM »
Packers injury report for Sunday:

Out: WR Kevin Dorsey (foot, DNP)

Questionable: G T.J. Lang (ankle, DNP), G Josh Sitton (toe, DNP)

Probable: QB Aaron Rodgers (hamstring, full), CB Sam Shields (knee, full), S Morgan Burnett (calf, full), DL Datone Jones (ankle, full)

Dorsey suffered a "serious foot injury" in practice. MM said it's a multiple week injury, doesn't know yet if he's headed for IR.

Could mean Myles White gets the call from the PS.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 05:57:54 PM »
Could also mean Janis draws in. He's been inactive recently, right? Anyway, tough for Dorsey, hope it's only 2-3 weeks and he can return...

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »

Dorsey suffered a "serious foot injury" in practice. MM said it's a multiple week injury, doesn't know yet if he's headed for IR.

I feel bad for Dorsey but it would appear Janis is going to get another opportunity on the game day roster. Hope he makes the best of it and wish Dorsey a speedy full recovery, soon.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »

IF he has to go to IR now is the time of year you bring up your best player on the practice squad, regardless of position. This is the time of year where teams who are out of the running start to raid others practice squads when they lose a guy to try and improve their 2015 roster.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 01:20:49 AM »

IF he has to go to IR now is the time of year you bring up your best player on the practice squad, regardless of position. This is the time of year where teams who are out of the running start to raid others practice squads when they lose a guy to try and improve their 2015 roster.

That's a good thought, although I don't know who that would be. Hubbard maybe? I might have said Rolle if we still had him, but now I don't see a real targetable guy on there.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

That's a good thought, although I don't know who that would be. Hubbard maybe? I might have said Rolle if we still had him, but now I don't see a real targetable guy on there.

Hubbard or Banjo would be my two initial thoughts.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 12:12:50 PM »
JS had some positive comments on Josh Walker, big, long-armed guard with a good Wonderlic.  Said he's gotten some snaps with the first team, and Pennel said he's good, has a lot of potential, and has being doing it in practice. 

Given our eternal line woes, perhaps Walker might end up being a better guard backup than Taylor eventually?  And, perhaps he'd be a combo both of "best player" long term, and most short-term  useful now. 

Banjo would be low on my list. Don't see him ever cracking the safety rotation.  ST matters, I know that, but losing a potential ST piece isn't a primary concern.  Unless they're simply short on ST bodies short-term and need him for tomorrow. 

Hubbard, maybe, depends on how impressive he's looked.  My guess is he's not quick enough to do very well in the NFL, but what do I know.  With Peppers old, and Matthews chronically hamstrung (although not yet this season), and aging fast, if Hubbard's got potential we might be glad to still have him a year or two down the road. 

Tangent:  Elliot was applying constant pressure in exhibition games, and got a lot of talk.  He's gotten some chances to play from scrimmage, and I don't recall any eye-catching pressure coming from him now that it's the real season.  So while he may have separated a lot from Hubbard in camp, I wonder if he's going to end up actually being any good? 

Joe Thomas isn't big, but reports in camp were very favorable.  At ILB, tackling and just being instinctive/quick to the ball is pretty valuable.  Given our ILB problems, he might become variably useful at some point. 

In general, though, I think big practice-squad linemen are sometimes better bets.  Not sure the talent difference between linemen is always that huge or easy to evaluate, and biggish guys who maybe weren't ready coming out of college can sometimes become pretty decent.  So I almost feel like you're more likely to end up with an average starter or OK-bench guy emerging from some obscure 300+ pound lineman than from a Hubbard or White?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »

Excellent point.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
This was posted Saturday afternoon @ 3:00 on the Packer website:

"Packers safety Morgan Burnett (calf) is downgraded to QUESTIONABLE for Sunday’s game against the Bears."     \ - : #

For full updated injury report:

http://blog.packers.com/2014/11/08/morgan-burnett-downgraded-to-questionable-vs-bears/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 07:11:27 PM by JQ »

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 08:08:55 PM »
This was posted Saturday afternoon @ 3:00 on the Packer website:

"Packers safety Morgan Burnett (calf) is downgraded to QUESTIONABLE for Sunday’s game against the Bears."     \ - : #

For full updated injury report:

http://blog.packers.com/2014/11/08/morgan-burnett-downgraded-to-questionable-vs-bears/

Yikes, this is not good.  If the guards and Morgan don't play, we could be in serious trouble.

Online Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 07:21:14 AM »
The interior line issues are concerning....
Not sure how much Briggs has left in the tank, but if I were their DC I'd arrange a lot of inside blitz.....

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »
The interior line issues are concerning....
Not sure how much Briggs has left in the tank, but if I were their DC I'd arrange a lot of inside blitz.....

The Bears are tied for 14th this year in sacks and with Houston out, it will help if we have to plug in a backup, or two. I am not sure they are a pass rushing menace that we can't handle. If they start coming after Rodgers I would expect to see Lacy get a few nice screen passes to keep their defense guessing.

I don't think the Bears can beat us unless Cutler plays light out football. Cutler loves to give us the football and we are very gracious in accepting.

It will be interesting to see how Capers lines up on defense this time around. What might be even more interesting is to see how the Bears try and stop Rodgers and the passing game. They might take a page from Capers on that. 
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
My guess is he's not quick enough to do very well in the NFL, but what do I know.  With Peppers old, and Matthews chronically hamstrung (although not yet this season), and aging fast, if Hubbard's got potential we might be glad to still have him a year or two down the road. 

::) thumbsdwn) stirpot) confused( facepalm) hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical

Offline packers5242

• Second String
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
who is ready for some football

Lets goooo  :D

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
As usual I am getting way too nervous.  I hate that our guards are hurt.  I hate the this is a MUST WIN for the Bears.

I want Tretter to come in and play lights out.  Just think if he is as good as advertised...that would be a huge lift for this team for years.

My Son has called a Cobb punt return for a TD tonight.  Fingers crossed.