September 23, 2017, 07:42:55 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 14055 times)

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »
Brandon Bostick seems to get hurt a lot.  This is the third time in a year.  He's been a disappointment.

He was on the show with Larry McCarren this week... seemed fine on the show, maybe he tripped on his way out   :o   :P

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
If the Packers can pressure Sanchez he will throw up a few interception opportunities. House and Shields need to catch the balls they dropped last week when the opportunties are there.  LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles will stress the linebackers in coverage, as Chip Kelly teams are always good at throwing a variety of different screens at aggressive defenses.

If given time Rodgers should be able to carve up an aggressive defense, but the Eagles can put a great deal of pressure on a QB

From what I can gather the Eagles' D is #21 against the pass.  This isn't good news for them having to face IMO the best QB in the business.   :)

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:01 PM »
Packers 34

Eagles 28

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

The Good: Pending

The Bad: Pending

The Ugly: Packers Throwbacks

But of all the throwback uniforms ours aren't too bad.  At least we aren't donning the bumblebee look of the Steelers!   :P

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
Here are Vic's five keys to the game. The matchup between Bulaga and Barwin seems to be the most important- and Vic claims that Bulaga is having his best season. OK. Why is that the most important? Because if Barwin is pressuring AR and disrupting the backfield, it would have a strong impact on the Packers offense. Sure, there are things that can be done to mitigate the rush, but again, will that come at the cost of the offense being less productive?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-5-keys/article-1/Packers-vs-Eagles-Five-key-matchups/a643166c-192d-41bc-a4c4-7a0200fb0852

To clarify, this is not something that will cause me to lose sleep or worry about all weekend. Its just something to keep an eye on as the game progresses.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
JSOnline does a matchup as well:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-vs-eagles-position-matchups-b99385722z1-282370621.html

Interesting that they rate the Packers vs. Eagles WR's as "Even".

Looks like Sitton and Lang will both play. (Probable)
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:13 AM »
JSOnline does a matchup as well:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-vs-eagles-position-matchups-b99385722z1-282370621.html

Interesting that they rate the Packers vs. Eagles WR's as "Even".

Looks like Sitton and Lang will both play. (Probable)

I disagree with the JSO's assessment of the wr's.. We have the advantage there
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »
This game worries me.  I can envision Chip Kelly throwing in some unscouted looks to his up tempo offense to stress the Packers communication and test the awareness of our younger players.

I view this as perhaps the biggest game of the year so far, because if we win, we are tied with the Eagles and hold the tie breaker over them.  Big step toward getting to the playoffs.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 08:57:42 AM »
We have a pretty good team but I'm rather surprised at how many talking heads and pundits think we are going to win this one.  I agree with most here: this isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. 

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 09:04:24 AM »

Me too. Not to mention that we have Rodgers throwing to our guys and they have Mark Sanchez.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

Me too. Not to mention that we have Rodgers throwing to our guys and they have Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez is not on the Jets anymore and one shouldn't compare his play then to now. He shouldn't be underestimated...I know the Packers don't but some fans do.

He led a 45-21 win vs. Car (11/10) on Monday Night Football by throwing for 332 yards, 2 TDs and a 102.5 QB rating.

Mark's not chump change...wish he was our backup QB.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »

Sanchez is not on the Jets anymore and one shouldn't compare his play then to now. He shouldn't be underestimated...I know the Packers don't but some fans do.

He led a 45-21 win vs. Car (11/10) on Monday Night Football by throwing for 332 yards, 2 TDs and a 102.5 QB rating.

Wasn't Sanchez a #5 pick in the 2009 draft?  His problem was playing on a lousy Jets team.  By playing for the Eagles he could jump start his career and find another starting job someplace else in the future.  I don't take him lightly either.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 09:34:11 AM »

I agree, Larry...But he also had a completion percentage of about 54% and should have had a pick if the Panther defender had his foot in.  I think if we can limit Sproles in the return game and make him work a full field, we'll see a different Sanchez.  Not to mention I'd take GB's D over Panthers D anyday.

All I know is I feel like it's a playoff game...This is my favorite time of the football year - - - No one has clinched, but there are TONS of good and important games each Sunday.  Great time to be a fan of the game.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:35:24 AM by MNPack12 »

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
We have a pretty good team but I'm rather surprised at how many talking heads and pundits think we are going to win this one.  I agree with most here: this isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

The common reasoning by those pundits who are picking the Packers is: Rodgers.

He's playing pretty incredible football, especially at home.  He hasn't thrown an INT at home since 2012, and he hasn't lost a regular season home game in a long time (the last one was when he broke his collarbone against the Bears; before that, it was the 2012 season opener).

I'm glad this game is at Lambeau, and I agree: this will be a tough game with major implications.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:30 PM »
Well no TV  thumbsdwn)  here in Reno tomorrow so we'll be here counting on you all and listening to WTMJ.

popcorn)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »

The common reasoning by those pundits who are picking the Packers is: Rodgers.

He's playing pretty incredible football, especially at home.  He hasn't thrown an INT at home since 2012, and he hasn't lost a regular season home game in a long time (the last one was when he broke his collarbone against the Bears; before that, it was the 2012 season opener).

I'm glad this game is at Lambeau, and I agree: this will be a tough game with major implications.

One of these teams is going to leave Lambeau as a serious contender for the NFC Championship. The team will have some green on this much we know. I just happen to believe the other color will be gold and it's not going to be as close as some think.

I don't care what anybody thinks about what an offensive genius Chip Kelly is as a play caller. I get a kick out of that term. They still have Mark Sanchez at QB and if you watched that game last week he wasn't as good as Carolina was just plain bad. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s#it. Butt fumble is going to be exposed, big time at Lambeau.

The only chance the Eagles have is to completely dominate our offensive line and make life complete misery for Rodgers. That is their only chance.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "