September 21, 2017, 04:27:14 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 13983 times)

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »
Eagles have a really good run defense.  Will be interesting how many snaps MM/Rodgers use on unproductive Lacy runs to keep them somewhat honest. 

With you, golf, I think we're likely to win. 

I'm not that fussed about the special teams bit.  When we score TD's, Crosby can just blast it deep, it will be OK.  Masthay is really good, and if the offense is doing well the number of punts may be relatively few anyway. 

Turnovers.  My feeling today is somewhat like how I felt going into the New Orleans game.  The team that turns it over more is likely to lose. 
1.  And that isn't likely to be us. 
2.  But if somehow we do, Lacy fumbles or there's a unique INT or two, trouble. 
3.  If neither team turns it over at all, it could be close and very interesting.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 07:31:16 AM »
We have a pretty good team but I'm rather surprised at how many talking heads and pundits think we are going to win this one.  I agree with most here: this isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

The common reasoning by those pundits who are picking the Packers is: Rodgers.

He's playing pretty incredible football, especially at home.  He hasn't thrown an INT at home since 2012, and he hasn't lost a regular season home game in a long time (the last one was when he broke his collarbone against the Bears; before that, it was the 2012 season opener).

I'm glad this game is at Lambeau, and I agree: this will be a tough game with major implications.

One of these teams is going to leave Lambeau as a serious contender for the NFC Championship. The team will have some green on this much we know. I just happen to believe the other color will be gold and it's not going to be as close as some think.

I don't care what anybody thinks about what an offensive genius Chip Kelly is as a play caller. I get a kick out of that term. They still have Mark Sanchez at QB and if you watched that game last week he wasn't as good as Carolina was just plain bad. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s#it. Butt fumble is going to be exposed, big time at Lambeau.

The only chance the Eagles have is to completely dominate our offensive line and make life complete misery for Rodgers. That is their only chance.

Only one team will be wearing green.  The other will be blue and gold.   ;)

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 07:36:11 AM »
We have a pretty good team but I'm rather surprised at how many talking heads and pundits think we are going to win this one.  I agree with most here: this isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

He's playing pretty incredible football, especially at home.  He hasn't thrown an INT at home since 2012, and he hasn't lost a regular season home game in a long time (the last one was when he broke his collarbone against the Bears; before that, it was the 2012 season opener).

I'm glad this game is at Lambeau, and I agree: this will be a tough game with major implications.

One of these teams is going to leave Lambeau as a serious contender for the NFC Championship. The team will have some green on this much we know. I just happen to believe the other color will be gold and it's not going to be as close as some think.

I don't care what anybody thinks about what an offensive genius Chip Kelly is as a play caller. I get a kick out of that term. They still have Mark Sanchez at QB and if you watched that game last week he wasn't as good as Carolina was just plain bad. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s#it. Butt fumble is going to be exposed, big time at Lambeau.

The only chance the Eagles have is to completely dominate our offensive line and make life complete misery for Rodgers. That is their only chance.

Oh, you got me with the throwbacks. Darn! I actually hate the throwbacks and am probably in the minority there.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »

Oh, you got me with the throwbacks. Darn! I actually hate the throwbacks and am probably in the minority there.

;D  I do like what they represent, however.  And of course these aren't the worst.  IMO the worst are those bumblebee horrors the Steelers drag out every year!   :P

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:08 AM »
I love the Packer throwbacks.  I wish they would do something with the helmet to make it look more leathery and worn like those old school helmets with the ear flaps. You gotta stay within the safety measures of today's NFL, but I think you could do something with the cosmetics of the helmet to give it that look.

Update:  Just learned the NFL new uniform rules state you can only use one helmet per season.  Looks like the Packers must go with yellow with/without the logo. I liked the brown helmet much better with the throwbacks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:21:12 AM by The GM »

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
I love the Packer throwbacks.  I wish they would do something with the helmet to make it look more leathery and worn like those old school helmets with the ear flaps. You gotta stay within the safety measures of today's NFL, but I think you could do something with the cosmetics of the helmet to give it that look.

Looks like the Packers must go with yellow with/without the logo. I liked the brown helmet much better withUpdate:  Just learned the NFL new uniform rules state you can only use one helmet per season. the throwbacks.

NOOOOO! The game isn't even televised here in Western Oregon, but I still wanted "the leather." Actually the Packer throw-back unis remind me of the UW-EC Blugolds! Has anybody ever figured out what the h*ll a Blugold is?   ( - ; #

GO PACKERS!!!

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »
Well no TV  thumbsdwn)  here in Reno tomorrow so we'll be here counting on you all and listening to WTMJ.

popcorn)

You should get Sunday Ticket for your latop/Ipad etc.  Cheaper than getting it for your TV through DirectTV, and then I just put it on a 60" with an HDMI cord...Can barely tell the difference.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
Temp at Kickoff is supposed to be 29 (feels like 19).

As long as the footing is good and it's not so cold the ball gets hard/slick, I would say GB should be in good shape.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
Temp at Kickoff is supposed to be 29 (feels like 19).

As long as the footing is good and it's not so cold the ball gets hard/slick, I would say GB should be in good shape.

Both teams have to play under whatever circumstances the weather presents. Often times the weather or field conditions are more of a detriment to the defense.

Online Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
Real big game for us, but I feel good about this. I just hope we can get to Sanchez early, and not let him get any little rhythm.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
Inactives:

16 QB Scott Tolzien
39 CB Demetri Goodson
54 LB Carl Bradford
83 WR Jeff Janis
86 TE Brandon Bostick
91 LB Jayrone Elliott
97 DT Luther Robinson

Philadelphia Eagles
9 QB Nick Foles
28 S Earl Wolff
37 CB Jaylen Watkins
61 C Julian Vandervelde
67 T Dennis Kelly
88 WR Jeff Maehl
97 DE Taylor Hart

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
Inactives:

16 QB Scott Tolzien
39 CB Demetri Goodson
54 LB Carl Bradford
83 WR Jeff Janis
86 TE Brandon Bostick
91 LB Jayrone Elliott
97 DT Luther Robinson

Philadelphia Eagles
9 QB Nick Foles
28 S Earl Wolff
37 CB Jaylen Watkins
61 C Julian Vandervelde
67 T Dennis Kelly
88 WR Jeff Maehl
97 DE Taylor Hart

Was Jayron injured? I am surprised he is inactive since he has been active for a few games in a row and Matthews seems to be moving inside. Last week Lattimore was inactive so I hope this doesn't mean Capers is going to 'outsmart' himself and move Matthews back to OLB full-time.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
Might get some help from Kansas City today, the Giants had it not been for 5 Eli interceptions should have won.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
Might get some help from Kansas City today, the Giants had it not been for 5 Eli interceptions should have won.

In spite the Giants are getting the ball back with over a minute to play and a chance. Seattle goes down. New Orleans goes down.

It's all RIGHT in front of us now! It's ours for the taking starting today. No excuses just win baby!

Worst case scenario Seattle and San Fran have 4 losses and have to play each other 2 times. No luck, Eli really stunk in up today!

Go Pack GO!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:17:53 PM by golfman »

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
With Seattle losing, Green Bay is now back in the 6th seed.  We'll need a win today to keep it though.