September 23, 2017, 07:55:53 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Patriots v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 26047 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Patriots v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
New England is good. But, we are too. They have weaknesses we do as well. We have strengths as they do. It comes down to execution.

OK. I'll bite. Who do we need to execute to win the game?

Doesn't execute the game plan sum it up Ricky?

Sorry. We live in Texas, where execution has another, more deadly meaning. So please forgive my confusion. And if you don't get the small attempt at humor humor this time...
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline DWhitehurst

• All Pro
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »
Help me out...Why is it that I have this weird feeling that if the Packers beat the Patriots in this game, they will lose to them in the Super Bowl ( should both teams make it there)? Why is it that I also have this weird feeling that if they lose to the Patriots in this game--provided it is by a small margin and they are competitive throughout--that the Packers would beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Perhaps it's just due to what happened in 2010 when they lost a close game to Atlanta in regular season only to trounce them in playoffs, or what happened with the Giants in 2011, winning a close one in the regular season only to lose to them in the playoffs.  Whatever the case, I do realize they may need to win this game and/ or not count on other teams like Lions and Cardinals losing some games.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »
Help me out...Why is it that I have this weird feeling that if the Packers beat the Patriots in this game, they will lose to them in the Super Bowl ( should both teams make it there)? Why is it that I also have this weird feeling that if they lose to the Patriots in this game--provided it is by a small margin and they are competitive throughout--that the Packers would beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Perhaps it's just due to what happened in 2010 when they lost a close game to Atlanta in regular season only to trounce them in playoffs, or what happened with the Giants in 2011, winning a close one in the regular season only to lose to them in the playoffs.  Whatever the case, I do realize they may need to win this game and/ or not count on other teams like Lions and Cardinals losing some games.

Well they don't need to have the Lions do anything other than us run the table should they lose Sunday. Watching Seattle play against San Fran, away, makes me believe we better be home against them in the playoffs to have ANY chance. Their defense is playing like last year again.

I see someone coming from the AFC that we wouldn't expect.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 07:04:55 AM »

Might I assist?
You appear to be experiencing symptoms of "SuperBowl-itis" - a virus passed from one NFL aficionado to another at this time of year - its highly contagious. Since the actual SB is still quite some time away - your experiencing "could go either way" delusions of it that are rightfully inconclusive. The remedy or cure? Get a good nights sleep, wake up and consider the Week 13's schedule good and hard.
Think of the team matchups, individual player accomplishments and alike. Such considerations will keep tensions and concerns over the distant future at bay  :) 

Offline DWhitehurst

• All Pro
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2014, 12:21:09 AM »

Might I assist?
You appear to be experiencing symptoms of "SuperBowl-itis" - a virus passed from one NFL aficionado to another at this time of year - its highly contagious. Since the actual SB is still quite some time away - your experiencing "could go either way" delusions of it that are rightfully inconclusive. The remedy or cure? Get a good nights sleep, wake up and consider the Week 13's schedule good and hard.
Think of the team matchups, individual player accomplishments and alike. Such considerations will keep tensions and concerns over the distant future at bay  :)

Phew. Thanks much for the diagnosis and the cure!  Were I doing better in my FFL I might not have noticed the symptoms of this SB-itis cropping up.

Offline Greg C

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 06:12:17 AM »
Here is the injury list from Saturday morning's Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

Of the two Packers listed as questionable, cornerback Jarrett Bush (groin) reiterated he's ready to play and linebacker Nick Perry (shoulder) has shown improvement.

Wide receiver Davante Adams, one of four players listed as probable, suffered a heel injury Wednesday in practice.

"I can run good," said Adams. "It's just a matter of it (his shoe) rubbing against it. It'll be a little uncomfortable, but I'll be all right. I was running a slant and a guy stepped on the back of my heel."

Of eight Patriots listed as questionable, defensive end Chandler Jones (hip) is almost certainly out and wide receiver Brandon LaFell (shoulder), running back Shane Vereen (ankle) and long snapper Danny Aiken (concussion) should be fine.

Guard Dan Connolly hurt his ankle late in the Detroit game but practiced all week.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2014, 07:54:27 AM »
Is Revis gonna match up with Jordy? Adams needs to be fully healthy, viable live target for this game - could also use a TE thats come to play.
NE's got two TE's involved in their passing game - makes coverage dicey and limits our run stopping ability.
We need at least one of ours to step up, move the chains and/or catch a TD or two.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2014, 09:28:17 AM »
Haven't seen MM go 5-wide and spread a team out sideline to sideline in a long long time. Might this be the week?

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »
Haven't seen MM go 5-wide and spread a team out sideline to sideline in a long long time. Might this be the week?

Depends on how the line is playing.  That is the thing about Revis, he can only cover one guy, not 4 or 5.  Hopefully Aaron is willing to go elsewhere with the ball.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »

Of eight Patriots listed as questionable, defensive end Chandler Jones (hip) is almost certainly out and wide receiver Brandon LaFell (shoulder), running back Shane Vereen (ankle) and long snapper Danny Aiken (concussion) should be fine.

Guard Dan Connolly hurt his ankle late in the Detroit game but practiced all week.

Thanks for update, I like Chandler Jones a lot as player, IMO that is big loss for Patriots if he cannot go.  Wanted him to drop to Packers in draft (wishful thinking).

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2014, 11:17:20 PM »
 clap)

We get the game here in Reno on CBS.

Still might listen on TMJ with Wayne & Larry....and of course comments here.

Pumped!!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:18:06 PM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »
My predictions for the game include:

1) NE running it down our necks. Averaging 4.5 yards a play. Then in the second half making some big plays off play action.

2) revis will cover Cobb and Nelson will be double covered by the other corner and a safety. They will make sure those two receivers don't beat them, and live with the yardage that lacy, etc can generate.

3) we'll try putting jordy in the slot.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 12:58:33 AM »
This game is now being touted by the networks as THE game of the week. The intensity of coverage is reaching the heights of Brady v. Manning. Appropriate, IMO. Two teams with great QB's, both with slow starts and hot streaks. Hopefully, the game lives up to the hype- though the games that are this highly hyped seldom seem to pan out. I'm still expecting a decisive win by one team or the other, though a big time shootout would be absolutely fine. Absolutely on pins and needles right now.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »
This game is now being touted by the networks as THE game of the week.....

Yes. Indeed. Coverage you say?
Well....even though we'll be subjected to leftovers TPA vs. CINN game at 1PM - Fox - in all its wisdom has selected this market for the ARI vs. ATL game.
A fascinating matchup indeed. One team with a two game lead in its division vs. another located somewhere in the losers bracket.

No wonder the Bucs stink.

Inundated with such blanket coverage of losers - the Tampa fan base is conditioned to watching / accepting losers. Its their norm.

(Sigh)

Best two teams in the league playing each other?
Nahhhhhhhhh.....wouldn't be anybody interested in that game lives in Tampa.

(Sigh)

Offline Greg C

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2014, 07:28:10 AM »
My wife and I are in Green Bay with friends (we drove from Duluth, MN) to see the game. When we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, two Patriots fans were chatting with two Packer fans. I overheard the Patriots fans telling the Packer fans how nice the people are in Green Bay. Not like Philadelphia, they said. Lambeau Field was lit up when we drove past it last night. We went to the Pro Shop, and it was full of people. I even heard some customers speaking Spanish. It's just crazy how much Packer gear they have in that place. It made me smile. We'll meet up with my sister and some friends of hers for some tailgating before the game. I've been to a few games before this one, and the atmosphere in the whole town is amazing. Just wanted to set the scene a little.