September 24, 2017, 07:13:52 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Patriots v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 26108 times)

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Patriots v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 30, 2014, 06:39:43 PM »
Granted we didn't turn the ball over, we didn't play very well and still beat what many considered to be the best team in the league.

I'll take the win and I love the upside!

You have any idea how good that other team is? WE played a GREAT game, not good, GREAT!

No we didn't.  The offense left a lot of points on the field.  Anyone on the Packer offense would tell you the same thing.

I'm thrilled with the win, we beat a great team.  My only point is that should we play the the Patriots again, there's a good chance our offense could be more productive and I like that.

No reason to make the comment out to be more than it was.

Very true.  We overcame a lot of mistakes (including a fair number by the officials) and gutted out the win.  I feel good about our chances of we meet again.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »
NE was averaging 32.5 points/game. So Belicheck may have been saying, "Your defense played a helluva game!"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #392 on: November 30, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
NE was averaging 32.5 points/game. So Belicheck may have been saying, "Your defense played a helluva game!"

How is that possible!?

All I hear is how terrible the Packers defense is.

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
Yes! I was wrong about the New England game plan. Didn't allow myself to believe we could win, but we did! Wow!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2014, 06:44:48 PM »

How is that possible!?

All I hear is how terrible the Packers defense is.

Ha, Ha, Ha...Gronkowski got his catches, BUT he didn't KILL the Packers today! THAT'S a BIG DEAL!

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
Granted we didn't turn the ball over, we didn't play very well and still beat what many considered to be the best team in the league.

I'll take the win and I love the upside!

You have any idea how good that other team is? WE played a GREAT game, not good, GREAT!

No we didn't.  The offense left a lot of points on the field.  Anyone on the Packer offense would tell you the same thing.

I'm thrilled with the win, we beat a great team.  My only point is that should we play the the Patriots again, there's a good chance our offense could be more productive and I like that.

No reason to make the comment out to be more than it was.

Belichek is well known for red zone defense. Patriots matched up extremely well coming into the game. You aren't giving credit to their coverage unit. Revis is still the best CB in the league, Browner gets the job done and is hard to complete many passes against when he has Safety help+Revis locking down the other side.

Green Bay's offense wasn't spectacular like we're used to seeing, but they were very efficient and still made plenty of big plays. 10/17 on 3rd downs, 6.8 yards per play, 478 total yards, hardly any pressure on Rodgers all game, and they punted only once.  Did you honestly expect them to have a huge game against the Patriots and score 40+ points? Of course they left points on the field against a Belichek defense, everyone does. I'm sorry but you said they didn't play very well, they were very good.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:48:19 PM by claymaker »

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
What an awesome game! Great weekend for WI football. :)
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline Greg C

• Starter
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
Maybe it's been said already, but I was struck by how it was Mike McCarthy taking the initiative in this game, using different formations on offense and so on. Everyone (including me) expected Bill Bellichick to be the aggressor, but he didn't really do anything surprising. This was a very impressive performance by Mike McCarthy in terms of game planning. Really, the Patriots are lucky they didn't lose this game by two or three TDs, instead of just five points.

I was at the game, and it was awesome. We were in the northwest corner, where Jordy scored the TD, in the box seats. It is not as great as being out there with the crowd, but it's still pretty sweet. The view is really great from those boxes because you are high enough to really see the plays develop, and I have to admit it was nice to be WARM. And the cheese curds were delicious.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
What an awesome game! Great weekend for WI football. :)

AND ............... Badger Basketball (but that's another story).  :D

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »
Thanks all for joining us today.

See you back here next week when the Falcons come to Lambeau on Monday Night football.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.