September 23, 2017, 07:41:23 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Atlanta v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 20871 times)

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Atlanta v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 08:16:18 AM »
I'm going to this game! So I'm hoping for a big win! I do suspect this game will be closer than we want it to be though.

I'm trying to be concerned about this game but it really is hard to see a way Atlanta beats us short of our self-destruction. Atlanta beats Arizona by 11 in spite of Julio Jones going off and getting 3 turnovers from Arizona. Larry Fitzgerald didn't play and Stanton was brutal in the game as was Arizona's running game once Ellington went out. Arizona was also a very beat up team.

I'm trying to find a way this isn't a blow out but can't come up with any logical reasoning behind it other than we turn the ball over more than 2 times and get no turnovers ourselves.

My prediction, we score over 40 and they score under 20.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 08:19:22 AM »
If you check out Falcon forums they are either not talking about the game or they're bracing themselves for a royal beat down.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 08:41:30 AM »
If you check out Falcon forums they are either not talking about the game or they're bracing themselves for a royal beat down.

Yea, I had to go start the conversation at FF to discuss the game!  ;D

Honestly, I don't think they want to talk about it. The odds of them coming into Lambeau and winning are pretty dismal.

I love this shot:

;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:55:10 AM by Beagle »
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
No Shields, Daniels, Boyd or Lattimore in practice today.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

Shields left the game with a concussion and he may not see the field at all on Sunday. I suspect Daniels and Boyd will be fine and Lattimore will be out.

Offline Pack Man

• Second String
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 12:47:43 PM »

Shields left the game with a concussion and he may not see the field at all on Sunday. I suspect Daniels and Boyd will be fine and Lattimore will be out.

I remember MM saying Daniels deserved an extra day off.

I think it was a question asked on the McCarthy Show,
about how great He was playing the last few games.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:07:00 PM by Pack Man »

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »
I remember MM saying Daniels deserved an extra day off.

I think it was a question asked on the McCarthy Show,
about how great He was playing the last few games.

Very cool! He has been a stud on that DL. I hope Pennel and Boyd pan out over the next few years. Get a young and talented ILB and this defense could be very good for years to come.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »
Not to alarm anyone, but Daniels was in fact held out with a "back issue" and is being called "day-to-day."

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »

Good thing the Packers don't play until Monday!  ( - ; #  Seriously, Beagle, it may not matter that the Pack has an extra day, Shields could miss the game. I guess the good news is that against NE the defense still fared quite well in his absence.

Daniels, on the other hand, seems like a player they'd miss.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:11:11 AM by JQ »

Offline Stic56

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 01:45:41 AM »
Beagle Im not sure just one player will do it for the future.

The Packers need great drafts the next two seasons to keep the window of opportunity open. 2016 Free agents will take a toll. 2017 FA Is much ,much worse. Including in fact the entire offensive line including back-ups except possibly Bulaga/Barclay and likely Linsely. This is what happens when a team cleans house and then becomes a mature, contending team again.

After that while fewer players than 2015-2017 currently. Some very important ones left unless of course they are replaced earlier which is doubtful.: 2018: Adams, Rodgers, Linsley Burnett 2019: Matthews, Shields, Dix(18 is an option year), Nelson 2020: Rodgers

I left out from 2018 currently: Thornton(Injury), Goodson, Bradford, Abbederis(Injury) and Janis( and hes my favorite) for what I think are obvious reasons at this point. All but Janis showed anything in TC or during the season except maybe before injury for Abbe.

The numbers game never stops. Drafts are extremely important and how many Free Agents can you hold on to or want to hold on to? Or can afford? Then theres injuries to worry about. You really have to LOVE being GM to do it right and then you have to have a bit of luck too. Good GMs are hard to come by. Williams/Shields, Goode/Mathsay and  Kuhn/Bush  come to mind. After 2016 the slim window of opportunity for a SB run could slam shut pretty hard. But With Aaron at QB anything is possible.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/gb/
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nfl.aspx
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8739/looking-ahead-at-the-2015-free-agents     
UPDATED
Offense
WR Randall Cobb
WR Jarrett Boykin*
T Bryan Bulaga
T Don Barclay
QB Scott Tolzien
 RB Harris
WR Dorsey
TE Perillo

Defense
DT B.J. Raji
DT Letroy Guion
LB Jamari Lattimore
CB Tramon Williams
CB Jarrett Bush
CB Davon House
S Sean Richardson*

Every game the Packers have left at this point is incredibly important if you look at the current window of opportunity.
There is no time like the present to take care of business. You never know when the stars will all align again.

Atlanta is as much a must win as NE at this point although for different reasons IMHO. And the Packers are a little banged up on both lines. Plus Perry and Shields. Worse were short guys who could possibly step it up at this point except House and Hayward and possibly Boyd & Tretter. And that might be enough down the stretch. Especially if Barrington can keep up his level of play. And weve already asked too much of Guion.

Id rather be cautious, wary and prepared for the worst than over-confident, arrogant and complacent at anytime. Im biased as its help me prolong my life more than a coupla times.

Having said that the Packers should have a relatively easy time with the Falcons. Especially if all goes according to plan.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:15:43 AM by Stic56 »

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »
I don't think the Falcons can hang with too much of this:

or this...

And if they try to hang back and double cover, I don't think they have the horses to hang with this...

The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 09:03:40 AM »
Green Bay 34 v Atlanta 17
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 09:20:26 AM »
Good thing the Packers don't play until Monday!  ( - ; #  Seriously, Beagle, it may not matter that the Pack has an extra day, Shields could miss the game. I guess the good news is that against NE the defense still fared quite well in his absence.

Daniels, on the other hand, seems like a player they'd miss.

LOL, good catch!  thumbsup)

I agree with you about Daniels.

Stic56,

We do need some great drafts but we also have some very good, young players who are starting to emerge already on the roster. HHCD is playing well, Barrington is starting to shine, Elliot is getting playing time and Janis has not even had time to really get on the field because we are so stacked at WR. Even R. Rodgers is playing well at TE. Boyd and Pennel on the DL and Raji may come back from injury. A few good players added every year and the Packers will remain extremely competitive.

We have been competitive almost every year now since 1992. TT is draft and develop and doing a very good job. Maybe another Free Agent or two will slide our way along with some great rookies. Who knows, another Blue Chip or two may be on the horizon. I am very optimistic!

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »

Yea, I had to go start the conversation at FF to discuss the game!  ;D

Honestly, I don't think they want to talk about it. The odds of them coming into Lambeau and winning are pretty dismal.

I love this shot:

;D

And they still aren't talking about it!   ;D

Online ricky

• HOF Member
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid