September 23, 2017, 07:55:09 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Atlanta v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 20874 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Atlanta v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »
No Shields, Daniels, Boyd or Lattimore in practice today.

Well, I'll throw this out as a possibility, and if you disagree, please don't clobber me. Could it be that the Packers are being a bit more cautious with their injured players due to the opponents they are facing the next three games? Because although a firm believer in "any given Sunday (or Monday, or Thursday)", I'm with golfman. The Packers would have to have a major letdown/meltdown to lose this game. So, why not let the players you're going to need against Detroit and the playoffs get a little healthier?

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »
Why would I clobber you or anyone else for disagreeing? ???

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 02:21:57 PM »
My retort to those who keep pointing out that the Falcons almost beat the kitties 21-22...

The 0-3, soon to be 0-4, Falcons against the NFC North

Lost to the Vikings 41-28

Lost to the Bears 27-13

I believe that in the NFL you cannot take any team lightly, any given Sunday...

but afraid of the Falcons??? Come On Man!!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:22:59 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
No Shields, Daniels, Boyd or Lattimore in practice today.

Well, I'll throw this out as a possibility, and if you disagree, please don't clobber me. Could it be that the Packers are being a bit more cautious with their injured players due to the opponents they are facing the next three games? Because although a firm believer in "any given Sunday (or Monday, or Thursday)", I'm with golfman. The Packers would have to have a major letdown/meltdown to lose this game. So, why not let the players you're going to need against Detroit and the playoffs get a little healthier?
I think it's also possible that McCarthy isn't revealing that Shields and Daniels could/should be good to go. I don't see any reason to hold Shields out though. He either passes the protocol or he doesn't.

You make a good argument with Daniels though. Backs can be tricky. Hopefully it's nothing much and just needs a little R&R

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »
The concussion protocol takes a while.  Not being cleared by Friday doesn't mean he won't be by Monday, three more days is a lot. 

At this stage in the season, how much are any of these guys going to benefit from practicing?  As we've seen with Sitton and Lang, and Williams, these guys don't really need to practice.  At this point in the season, is Daniels really going to learn anything or rediscover anything in practice?  Fair chance he's fine to go on Monday. 

The odd thing is that Lang and Sitton have seemingly been on pretty full practice schedule this week.  I'd kinda assumed they'd be in a deal where they rest, they play the games, and the game play offsets any gains physically.  But if they've been practicing, it would seem they must be making some progress.  Pretty lucky, that's for sure. 

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
Indeed, Sam Shields going through the concussion protocol and is listed as questionable against the Atlanta Falcons. MM bluntly declared: "Sam Shields is a starter. I'm giving him every opportunity to play."

If Shields can't go, the Packers will plug in either Davon House or Casey Hayward at RCB.

"Either guy will use their strengths," CB's coach Joe Whitt said Friday. "House has powerful hands, he can run and he does have the size. Casey has the instincts and the ball skills."

DE's Mike Daniels (back) and Josh Boyd (knee) and LB Nick Perry (shoulder) are listed as probable. McCarthy said: "all three starters were set for extended duty."

Only DE Luther Robinson and LB Jamari Lattimore (ankle), who McCarthy says is being considered for the injured reserve.

Atlanta got the bad news that starting CB Robert Alford (broken wrist) won't be able to play with a cast and was declared out.  Roddy White and DE Stansly were both limited participants and listed as questionable on the Falcons official injury report submitted to the NFL.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:07:17 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
If Lattimore goes to IR I'd love for them to promote Hubbard from the practice squad. He's one guy I could see the lower echelon teams going after to get a look at next year. Lattimore is down the road next it would appear.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 03:42:46 PM »
The Saints got smashed today.

Gives the Falcons more reason to play hard.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »

Falcons were leading their division going into the week. If anything I'd say they know they are still in first after tomorrow's game regardless of outcome. If they aren't motivated to play hard tomorrow, there are some serious problems in ATL.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 07:19:56 AM »

Falcons were leading their division going into the week. If anything I'd say they know they are still in first after tomorrow's game regardless of outcome. If they aren't motivated to play hard tomorrow, there are some serious problems in ATL.

Both comments are correct. ATL is a first place playoff team as of today. I expect they'll bring all they've got tonight. Best we've put our NE aura away and have our game faces on. ATL's a flawed team - but they've got weapons and there nothing as confusing as a team you thought you'd roll over and took lightly suddenly doing it to you. Not a good thing. We need to smoke them from the get go. Extinguish any flames of hope they may have entertained early on. Bury them.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:20:44 AM by Leader »

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
If you've been following the NFC South at all this year you know that now that N.O. lost, and Carolina got a win, Atlanta has to lose. It's like a rule or something lol.

Seriously though, I feel good about tonight. I take my Nursing III final, and I plan to sit back with a few drinks and watch a big Packers win. Keep rolling baby!

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
If you've been following the NFC South at all this year you know that now that N.O. lost, and Carolina got a win, Atlanta has to lose. It's like a rule or something lol.

Seriously though, I feel good about tonight. I take my Nursing III final, and I plan to sit back with a few drinks and watch a big Packers win. Keep rolling baby!

Good luck on your final.

I feel pretty good about this game as well... at Lambeau, Dome team, #32 ranked pass defense.

Will take several turnovers for Falcons to have a chance... Rodgers does not turn over ball at Lambeau.

Offline maxman44

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »
Rumor is Favre will be in town today for tribute to Bart Starr...wonder if he'll be at the game tonight?

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport  5m5 minutes ago 
Source: Brett Favre returns to Green Bay to pay tribute to Hall of Famer Bart Starr at luncheon today. No plans yet to attend MNF game.

http://www.jrn.com/wtmj/wi-sports/green-bay-packers/Brett-Favre-headed-to-Green-Bay-on-night-of-Packers-Falcons-game-285097921.html

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:10:37 AM by maxman44 »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
I was reading Mort's report on ESPN.com and he mentions Steve Young also being there. I'm taking a guess and saying that Young is Mort's source.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
Rumor is Favre will be in town today for tribute to Bart Starr...wonder if he'll be at the game tonight?

That would be fine, as long as he didn't wear anything purple.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid