November 24, 2017, 06:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Clarity  (Read 1165 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
Clarity
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »
Larry and Mark, I have the greatest respect for both of you, as owner of this site and as a moderator (a thankless job if there ever was one), and the effort you make to provide this opportunity to discuss football...

My posting in The Packers Record  expressed graditude for Mark's informative post, and because of reasons Mark himself stated, took the time to sort and print the Packers record by division against each NFC team. The intent was to make it much more readable.

I had NO POLITICAL agenda in refusing to repeat what I find to be a racial slur and personal affront against me, my family and my people in my post. You might note, I made no effort to highlight my change or draw attention to my refusal to do so. My action was personal and not political...

political adj.

~ 1. Of, relating to, or dealing with the structure or affairs of government, politics, or the state.

~ 2. Relating to, involving, or characteristic of politics or politicians: "Calling a meeting is a political act in itself"

~ 3. Relating to or involving acts regarded as damaging to a government or state: political crimes.

~ 4. Interested or active in politics: I'm not a very political person.

~ 5. Having or influenced by partisan interests: The court should never become a political institution.

~ 6. Based on or motivated by partisan objectives: a purely political decision.

Clearly my actions fit none of the above. As I wrote in my post to Mark - I appreciated his respectful edit of my post. I also respect your right Larry as the owner to make that decision. However, it is important to me, that I have the integrity to keep clear that my actions were personal with NO POLITCAL intention or action.

Which is why I brought this here, instead of posting in the thread in Packers News

I'll also respect your right and decision to delete this thread if you so chose.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:55:26 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: Clarity
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:46:13 AM »
No explanation was needed here B.

Would have liked the email instead though for further discussion...not needed now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:00:50 AM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.