September 21, 2017, 04:26:40 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bills Game Day Thread  (Read 35290 times)

Online green machine

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bills Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »
Lacy did practice in full today.

Lattimore and House are out.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Tidbits from the Net:

"Buffalo's stellar pass rush faces its greatest test yet. The Bills have a league-leading 48 sacks. The Packers' explosive offense is fronted by Aaron Rodgers, who averages 2.90 seconds in the pocket before throwing -- the fifth-longest time to throw in the NFL. Buffalo has 28 takeaways this season, second-most in the NFL, but the Packers have just eight giveaways, fewest in the league, with Rodgers responsible for just three interceptions and a fumble. The Packers are chasing the Cardinals for the NFC's top seed, while the Bills are currently the 11th seed in the AFC."

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 09:19:20 AM »
Tidbits from the Net:

"Buffalo's stellar pass rush faces its greatest test yet. The Bills have a league-leading 48 sacks. The Packers' explosive offense is fronted by Aaron Rodgers, who averages 2.90 seconds in the pocket before throwing -- the fifth-longest time to throw in the NFL. Buffalo has 28 takeaways this season, second-most in the NFL, but the Packers have just eight giveaways, fewest in the league, with Rodgers responsible for just three interceptions and a fumble. The Packers are chasing the Cardinals for the NFC's top seed, while the Bills are currently the 11th seed in the AFC."

Great Stuff! Sounds like A CLASSIC Match-Up. I expect the Packers to win, but it looks to me like this is shaping up like another grind-it-out affair, like Minnesota a couple weeks ago. Tough game, and as others have posted, a great benchmark game for the Packers to find out how they can fare against a top defense!

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 11:44:12 AM »
Tidbits from the Net:

We've played considerably better on the offensive line since the bye week. This test against Buffalo will tell us if we're more prepared for Seattle than any other game we've played. IF the line holds up well against this pass rush, we're ready, offensively to make a run.

The defense has to prove it again after Monday's second half debacle.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Stic56

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
I love this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16257/packers-promote-chris-banjo-place-jamari-lattimore-on-ir

Banjo and Janis are my boys.

Although I would have liked to have gotten a look at Hubbard or Thomas.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
I guess Banjo is in because House is out.

And they fear Buffalo's running game more than their passing game.

I hope its one game for House.  I like this kid and hope TT signs him this year.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
I guess Banjo is in because House is out.

And they fear Buffalo's running game more than their passing game.

I hope its one game for House.  I like this kid and hope TT signs him this year.

I don't know how you jump to this conclusion since Banjo won't be active in all likelihood and if he is it's for special teams only. He's the #5 safety which won't garner any defensive snaps short of a blowout.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
I fully expect Banjo to be active and playing special teams extensively.

House plays quite a few snaps on special teams. Someone will need to take those snaps and if I had to put money on it, I'd say it's going to be Chris Banjo.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
Thanks.

Its nice to see some people here actually attempt to understand things once in awhile.

Offline Stic56

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »
Good point ICH. But be careful with your money.

I was fixated with replacing Lattimore on special teams as he plays the majority of those snaps also.

So my comment on bringing up a LB instead as they have Goodson to replace House on Special Teams.

And I said "I love this" about Banjo being activated.

Replacing House on special teams makes perfect sense(except your overlooking the Goodson option) but we are weak on LBs.

And I think Golfman was referring to this. Gregg:

"And they fear Buffalo's running game more than their passing game."

And if so bringing up a LB would make far more sense than Banjo.

But I don't thnk the Packers  "fear" anything but themselves at this point. If that.

And Gregg I think everyone here trys to do and more than what your suggesting they don't.

And I disagree with many a lot.

That doesn't mean they or I  are not doing this:  "actually attempt to understand things once in awhile."

In fact quite the opposite and beyond.

God I cant wait for the game to start. 13 1/2 more hours cant go fast enough.

Offline JacobCO

• Rookie
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 11:51:18 PM »
This is a big test and I will feel way better about things if we can dominate this one. I'm still not sold on the OLine. I could easily see this being a Detroit week 3 type game for the offense if the Oline can't block their front 4. The only saving grace is they have their own issues on offense. Mark this as the game remaining I'm most worried about.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
Replacing House on special teams makes perfect sense(except your overlooking the Goodson option) but we are weak on LBs.

God I cant wait for the game to start. 13 1/2 more hours cant go fast enough.
Don't forget though, that Goodson saw special teams snaps last Monday even with Jarrett Bush back in the lineup. I don't follow who plays what spots on special teams. Is/was Goodson the replacement for Lattimore?

Regarding not being able to wait for the game... I think you have a sickness my friend. That's OK though, because I think i do too. I fell asleep VERY early Sat. night from being up very early and smoking a couple briskets that'll be finished before game time. Now I'm up at 12:30 in the morning counting down to kickoff.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »
"This might be the best overall defense the Packers have faced this season, so it will be interesting to see how Rodgers and McCarthy try to attack it"

"What do the Packers have to prepare for from this group, which includes three players (Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes) with at least 9.5 sacks each? They'll have to pick their poison, in a sense. Teams have taken different strategies in double-teaming and trying to slow down the Bills' defensive line, which also includes Kyle Williams, who made the Pro Bowl last season. But there's no way to stop all of them"

"Not only are the Packers probably the NFLís best team, theyíre also the NFLís hottest team, winning their past five games"

http://espn.go.com/blog/Buffalo-Bills/post/_/id/16051/bills-vs-packers-preview

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
"This might be the best overall defense the Packers have faced this season, so it will be interesting to see how Rodgers and McCarthy try to attack it"

"What do the Packers have to prepare for from this group, which includes three players (Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes) with at least 9.5 sacks each? They'll have to pick their poison, in a sense. Teams have taken different strategies in double-teaming and trying to slow down the Bills' defensive line, which also includes Kyle Williams, who made the Pro Bowl last season. But there's no way to stop all of them"

"Not only are the Packers probably the NFLís best team, theyíre also the NFLís hottest team, winning their past five games"

http://espn.go.com/blog/Buffalo-Bills/post/_/id/16051/bills-vs-packers-preview

This guy, from a tackle position, has 10 SACKS and he's 6'3" and weighs 331 pounds! That is bad a*s! Let's hope Young Linsley brings his A+++ game today!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:37:52 AM by JQ »