November 19, 2017, 10:08:05 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Buccaneers Game Day Thread  (Read 14649 times)

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Buccaneers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:05 AM »
Fortunately Lovie doesn't have the horses on his defense right now like he did in Chicago.  The Bucs do have 2 nice WRs that could give our DBs problems.  However, if we play like we are capable of, don't turn it over and not give up ST gaffs we should win this game pretty soundly.  I thought this might be a trap game but not after what happened in Buffalo.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »

A small blurp from off ESPN:

"The Bucs have played an NFL-high nine games that were decided by eight or fewer points. They're 1-8 in those games"

Overall, I guess thats reassuring....

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »

A small blurp from off ESPN:

"The Bucs have played an NFL-high nine games that were decided by eight or fewer points. They're 1-8 in those games"

Overall, I guess thats reassuring....

No, its not. This is not a game to be taken lightly, especially by the Packers. I've read and heard a lot of premature chortling about the game- yesterday on G&G Today, one caller said he wanted 35 points to take the Bucs. Another caller demanded 40. Ridiculous. The Bucs are a rebuilding team, and are a professional football team with pride and nothing to lose. And their coach knows the Packers very, very well. And a win against the Packers would be a wonderful Christmas gift to him from the team.

This is not to predict an upset, but expecting a close game against a team motivated by the amount of disrespect being shown them? Oh, yes. I think the Bucs are going to be ready to play.

Want to be further un-reassured? Read Bob Fox's article on the Packers record in Raymond James Stadium. 1-9, to be specific. Sure, different teams, different eras. But is anyone going to bring up the Packers current winning streak against the Lions in Lambeau before next week's game? Until the streak is broken, its still in effect. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »

Rodgers is 22-9 after a loss in his career, 6th highest winning pct. after a loss since 1950.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »
Any news on Bulaga?

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »
Any news on Bulaga?

His status has been upgraded to questionable and he passed the concussion protocol so perhaps he'll play against the Bucs.

Offline Greg C

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 06:45:04 AM »
Any news on Bulaga?

His status has been upgraded to questionable and he passed the concussion protocol so perhaps he'll play against the Bucs.
Better news: Bulaga has been upgraded to probable. House is out and all of the other injured players are listed as probable:

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:46:01 AM by Greg C »

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 08:57:48 AM »
Tampa Bay's defense has quietly had a decent year.  They did just lose their best player though.  The only player on offense I worry about is Evans pulling a Julio Jones on us.  And of course, let's not forget this game is on the road.  I think the Packers win this one, but not in spectacular fashion.

Maybe something like 26 - 21.

Edit: just looked up the stats and their defense is ranked 25th, so they really haven't.  I'll keep my prediction the same though because I think Lovie has them fired up this week.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:02:40 AM by Zyvlyn »

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »
Tampa Bay's defense has quietly had a decent year.  They did just lose their best player though.  The only player on offense I worry about is Evans pulling a Julio Jones on us.  And of course, let's not forget this game is on the road.  I think the Packers win this one, but not in spectacular fashion.

Maybe something like 26 - 21.

Edit: just looked up the stats and their defense is ranked 25th, so they really haven't.  I'll keep my prediction the same though because I think Lovie has them fired up this week.

McCarthy told our guys to be ready for anything today.  Tampa may very well try onside kicks, fake punts/FGs and other tricks to win this game.  Teams like this with nothing to lose can be dangerous.  Just ask the Eagles.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »
If it is not windy, this will be a game that is over by halftime.

Packers 42, Bucs 17 (on 14 second half points)
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
inactives:

Green Bay PackersGreen Bay Packers
16 QB Scott Tolzien
31 CB Davon House
54 LB Carl Bradford
72 C Garth Gerhart
80 TE Justin Perillo
83 WR Jeff Janis
99 DT Bruce Gaston

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10 WR Robert Herron
11 WR Solomon Patton
25 RB Mike James
32 CB Isaiah Frey
73 T Anthony Collins
77 DL Lawrence Sidbury
86 TE/FB Evan Rodriguez

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
Washington helped us out, just need a win.

Fully expecting us to run away with this one early.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »
With Gerald McCoy being out, I just can't see Tampa being able to make enough stops to make this a close game. He's too vital of a piece to that type of defense. If he was in the lineup, I could have seen a close game with the Packers being held under 24 points and fighting for all of those points, and winning 24-13 or so.

Since McCoy won't be in there, I don't think Tampa will be able to stop the run in the cover 2 they want to play and won't be able to get pressure with the front four either.

I see a fairly easy Packers' win 37-17.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »

Okay - 2 3 & outs.
Our ball again. Time to start putting this game away.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »
AR's getting hit too much...