September 24, 2017, 07:15:01 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 21055 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:56:15 AM »
This is when the season really begins. The division and seeding are at stake- no more excuses, no more second chances. After Sunday, its one and done. But before we embark on that journey, the flexed Sunday game is really, really big. Expect a game similar to the NE game- tough defense on both sides, but the Packers offense is simply better than the Lions. Period. The only real concern I have is the Lions seem to be a "team of destiny", especially when it comes to FG's. Also, hopefully we can focus on Sunday's game, and leave the playoffs until all the Sunday games are decided, and the schedules for the first week are set. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline B

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 07:13:07 AM »
This is when the season really begins. The division and seeding are at stake- no more excuses, no more second chances. After Sunday, its one and done. But before we embark on that journey, the flexed Sunday game is really, really big. Expect a game similar to the NE game- tough defense on both sides, but the Packers offense is simply better than the Lions. Period. The only real concern I have is the Lions seem to be a "team of destiny", especially when it comes to FG's. Also, hopefully we can focus on Sunday's game, and leave the playoffs until all the Sunday games are decided, and the schedules for the first week are set.
goodpost clap)
Week 17 playing for the divisional title, and the #1 or #2 seed... they don't get any bigger or better than this (in the regular season).

The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 07:23:56 AM »
The loser likely travels to Dallas.  Ouch.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what we do with their rookie center playing there the first time on Sunday.  I'm hoping for some exotic blitzes/stunts from Matthews and hopefully just good pressure all day.  After watching what Cinci did to the Broncos last night...That would be great.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:20 AM »

We lose to DET it wont be because anybody's looking past them. Stakes are way too high.

Offline maxman44

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »
I feel really good about this game - Lions are already whining about the weather - Can't wait for Sunday

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
I feel really good about this game - Lions are already whining about the weather - Can't wait for Sunday

Agree.  I don't want to just see a win, but I want to see us come out and have a lot of offensive success.  While Tampa is nothing compared to DET, Rodgers took what the Cover-2 game him, and we rolled up 400+ yards.  I think with the improved line play, we can do the same Sunday - I just want to see more than 20 points.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
Their defense is very good but Stafford has been erratic as hell this year.  He has Megatron and Tate along with Reggie Bush but he still struggles at times.  Here's to bringing pressure and getting after Matt big time on Sunday.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »

Sunday forecast for Green Bay is HIGHS in the LOW 20s. So it will be "a little bit chilly" for the kittens. And now that game time has been flexed to later, the temps will likely be dropping as the game progresses.   ( - : #

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »
Their defense is very good but Stafford has been erratic as hell this year.  He has Megatron and Tate along with Reggie Bush but he still struggles at times.  Here's to bringing pressure and getting after Matt big time on Sunday.

How about the Packers defense since the bye week? They are third in defending the run, with 87.9 YYPG. Eleventh in pass defense with 230.7 YPG; and FIFTH in total defense, at 313.6 YPG. Now, they haven't really faced a good running team the second half, and facing Murray or Lynch would be a real challenge. But the defense is on an uptick at the right time, after a very shaky start.

Now, if the offense starts clicking-  ;D  thumbsup)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
Darn It! I just checked the Sunday schedule and found out that the Packers have been flexed to the same time seattle is scheduled to play...That means that the local FOX affiliate here in Western Oregon will air the seagulls...  ) - : #

Thankfully, I can listen to Larrivee and McCarren's lively radio call! WTMJ regular season streaming has provided me broadcasts several times this year!

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 07:50:17 AM »
The last time the Lions won in Green Bay,  HHCD, Devante Adams, Richard Rodgers and Eric Ebron hadn't been born yet.

Offline ptisme

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »
I think the Packers defense could set a sack record tomorrow.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
I think the Packers defense could set a sack record tomorrow.

Set a sack record tomorrow by helping Santa? The game is Sunday, not tomorrow- but I agree, they could definitely give Mr. Stafford a nice, warm Wisconsin welcome on game day, including a lot of "welcome to Lambeau" hugs.

Offline Ron836

• Second String
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Packers 28

Lions 17

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 07:35:48 AM »

Kinda an interesting "push-pull" effect happening.....
What with the extended Holiday weekend - preceded by a "work slow down" (of sorts) as peoples minds and workloads switched "Things To Do Lists" - coupled with focus/interest on a certain late Sunday affair...it can make the "weekend" seem really long.

Which - in truth - is a really good thing :)
Enjoy it and relax.

The time to kick ass is approaching steadily enough....

A thought - stuck here for no reason other than I just thought of it: should BOTH Ryan's be on the market this offseason - which (or would) you feel would best replace a certain DC in Green Bay? Personally? I'd far prefer Rex - but specter of "two HC's on the job" could possibly be upsetting.