September 21, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Playoff Game Day Thread  (Read 26843 times)

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Playoff Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 04:42:43 PM »
Time to start a new 3 game playoff winning streak!!

GO PACK GO!! >:D

Offline Bama Pack Fan

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
Hopefully, A Quarless and R Rodgers are useful targets too.

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
Here we are the day before the game and I still do not have a good or bad vibe.  I keep checking this thread for positive thoughts to help my heart.

I was expecting a TON of Cowboy love from the press but I haven't heard too much about them.  All I hear is about the calf of Rodgers.  Which is all ok but I just can't...in my head.....get a good vibe.

I am thinking the o-line will go above and beyond to give him time.  They will also want to show Dallas who really has the best line.  It is just I hope our fans are crazy and we play with a TON of emotion.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »
Here we are the day before the game and I still do not have a good or bad vibe.  I keep checking this thread for positive thoughts to help my heart.

I was expecting a TON of Cowboy love from the press but I haven't heard too much about them.  All I hear is about the calf of Rodgers.  Which is all ok but I just can't...in my head.....get a good vibe.

I am thinking the o-line will go above and beyond to give him time.  They will also want to show Dallas who really has the best line.  It is just I hope our fans are crazy and we play with a TON of emotion.

It's getting time of year when the heart speaks louder than the head. I see....or more precisely feel...these are two evenly matched teams. Neither perfect - but both very capable. I've been saying it for awhile and the numbers back me up...right down to their matching 12+4 records. There's a yin yang to these teams.

Execution. I use that word a lot cause it means something to me.

We need to execute and finish.
No GB turnovers or short field gifts
AR (and the rest of the team) needs to stay upright.
We're in much better health than last year when SF came to town. Lets not repeat last years injury losses.

Down by down - series by series - qtr by qtr - execute.

Offline FAH1223

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 11:01:29 AM »
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-divisional-playoffs-cowboys-packers-broncos-colts/

The pistol is great for the Packers because it takes virtually all of the stress off Rodgers. If he wants to hand the ball off to Eddie Lacy, he doesn’t have to move at all, saving him a minimum of one step on every play. Twenty of the 26 pistol snaps the Packers took against the Lions turned out to be running plays, and they were wildly successful. The Packers produced 107 yards on those 20 runs, an average of 5.4 yards per attempt against one of the best run defenses in recent league history. Their 18 other carries against the Lions produced a total of just 45 yards.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »
I think the pistol is a great option for this game. It allows AR to make the quick reads/decisions as he gets the snap. Hand off, or quick passes with a minimum amount of movement on his part. Also limits the hits on him.

As for defense...............I wonder if Capers has any tricks/wrinkles up his sleeve as well.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-divisional-playoffs-cowboys-packers-broncos-colts/

The pistol is great for the Packers because it takes virtually all of the stress off Rodgers. If he wants to hand the ball off to Eddie Lacy, he doesn’t have to move at all, saving him a minimum of one step on every play. Twenty of the 26 pistol snaps the Packers took against the Lions turned out to be running plays, and they were wildly successful. The Packers produced 107 yards on those 20 runs, an average of 5.4 yards per attempt against one of the best run defenses in recent league history. Their 18 other carries against the Lions produced a total of just 45 yards.

Good article, I think the Packers will mix some of the pistol in there depending on the flow of the game and Rodgers calf as the game progresses.  Rodgers needs to play smart while running, just get to the markers and slide.  Just his presence changes everything for this offense, and opens things for Lacy/Starks.  If he aggravates his calf again, just his lining up helps this offense, and will keep the defense honest.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:50:21 PM by The GM »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
  Rodgers needs to play smart while running, just get to the markers and slide.

Personally, I don't want Rodgers running at all. I'd even like to see him carted to the sidelines during introductions. Do NOTHING to risk aggravating the injury. Unless the game is on the line. Then, all bets are off, because then its either advance or go home. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »
  Rodgers needs to play smart while running, just get to the markers and slide.

Personally, I don't want Rodgers running at all. I'd even like to see him carted to the sidelines during introductions. Do NOTHING to risk aggravating the injury. Unless the game is on the line. Then, all bets are off, because then its either advance or go home.

Agree, but its Rodgers, you know he's going to push it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:52:27 PM by The GM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »
Troy Aikman would take Tony Romo over remaining playoff QBs

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2015/01/10/troy-aikman-would-take-troy-aikman-over-remaining-playoff-qbs/21560261/

"I'll tell you, right now, from what I've seen this year – just talking about this year – I'd probably take (Tony) Romo," Aikman told USA TODAY Sports after a long pause, sitting in the lobby of his hotel. "I've seen him make too many plays when he's had to make them this year and he's made them."

Just throwing a little gas on the fire here.  ;D

Maybe Cowboy-Troy isn't as non-partial as people have made him out to be??   ::)

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
That's ok, I'll have the tv on mute & the radio on.

Online mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
I hope we get the home town call Seattle is getting in their game.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2015, 05:45:03 AM »
Green Bay 27 v Dallas 20
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »
Troy Aikman would take Tony Romo over remaining playoff QBs

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2015/01/10/troy-aikman-would-take-troy-aikman-over-remaining-playoff-qbs/21560261/

"I'll tell you, right now, from what I've seen this year – just talking about this year – I'd probably take (Tony) Romo," Aikman told USA TODAY Sports after a long pause, sitting in the lobby of his hotel. "I've seen him make too many plays when he's had to make them this year and he's made them."

Just throwing a little gas on the fire here.  ;D

Maybe Cowboy-Troy isn't as non-partial as people have made him out to be??   ::)

Let's just consider the source.   ;D