November 24, 2017, 06:55:58 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Playoff Game Day Thread  (Read 29783 times)

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Playoff Game Day Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:52 PM »
The ground cannot cause a fumble is an excellent rule. How can someone who is already down fumble the ball?

It use to be .. not sure when they changed the rule .. probably during the 80's .. that you had to hold onto the ball as you hit the ground.  That use to be fumble.  It is just my opinion that a football player should hold on to the ball when they hit ground.  Furthermore, it contradicts the "Calvin Johnson rule" that a receiver has to maintain possession all the way to the ground.  Well, I thought the ground cannot cause a fumble.  Dez Bryant took three steps and then hits the ground and the ground caused the fumble.   :o    Like I said in my previous post, these are the rules and we got to live by them. 

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
I knew it was an incomplete Pass when I saw it live, and was a hundred percent confident that McCarthy would win that challenge. The rule is clear and has been called many times through the years - including many times against the Packers.

I agree mark, the ground can not and haS never been able to cause a fumble and the Tuck rule was changed.

While I'm happy with the call I don't agree with it. In my eyes Bryant clearly made a football move by switching the ball from right hand to his left having both hands on the ball in doing so. Had they viewed that as a football move the ground could not have caused a fumble and the pass would have been complete.

Good for McCarthy though as it was his only successful challenge on the year. I think we were very fortunate but I'll take it as I think we played a very ugly and undisciplined game.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:36:20 PM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »
I knew it was an incomplete Pass when I saw it live, and was a hundred percent confident that McCarthy would win that challenge. The rule is clear and has been called many times through the years - including many times against the Packers.

I agree mark, the ground can not and haS never been able to cause a fumble and the Tuck rule was changed.

The tuck rule has been changed and I never said it wasn't.  I was just saying that I never liked it and the owners didn't like with a 29-1 vote to eliminate it.

Offline croquet

• Starter
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »
Awesome game.  This stress is killing me. 

Rodgers seemed to come out in the second half and be moving better.  As he warmed up he seemed to say "its not going to get any worse so lets see what I can do".  There was more movement in the pocket and more zip on his passes.

Davante Adams had a coming out party!!!!!!  I do not think I have been more excited about a rookie in I don't know when.  I kept screaming ROOKIE, ROOKIE, ROOKIE!  What a draft!  Linsley, Adams, Dix, Rodgers!

Go Pack Go!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

Wow :) Just did a read thru....lotsa thoughts...but none of them supersede how big a win this was. I wanted this one big time and will confess that at times I reverted to that up out of my chair - standing in front of the widescreen - fist pumping/high fiving maniac of yesteryear...and honestly, given the fits and starts we had going on with the offense...wasn't sure it was gonna end well...just wasn't feelin it - couldn't keep it going - something would turn against us - but finally AR did it. Make no mistake - he came thru - big time. As did Mr. Cobb! Didn't look good early - passes were headed here, there & everywhere and routes seemed to head anywhere but where AR expected - but it came together in that 2nd half - somewhere in that 3rd quarter - I'll have to see it again to pinpoint it - but it came together big time.

I've no clue what AR feels in that leg and how it affects his throwing. Truly - none - but it was the injury - or lack of practice - the bye week blahs - lack of balance - or whatever. The offense just couldn't bring it. Some nice things happening on the ground - but minus a passing attack, DAL started to shut that down as well.

Davante "thats my damn ball, give it to me" Adams came of age! :) In a game where Jordy seemed to disappear - where on every down I thought "this is gonna be the play he makes an impact....." - it just didn't happen. Adams stepped up. Just like NE. Tell ya true - on the real time of his big reception along the sideline - the camera shot was from behind Adams - my heart sank and I thought to myself "the defenders gonna rip it from him....." - but no - Adams wanted the damn thing more and took it!!! GOOD! He's not Randall yet - doesn't have the hands yet - but he showed up BIG in his first BIG game.

Lacy - another stud performance.

A tough, tough game against a talented team that matches up with us in so many areas it isnt funny....but they dont have AR.

I freaked at the challenge! LOL I will admit I didn't see the sense to it and thought "Oh shit! There goes our last time out - the board will go crazy and MM haters will rejoice!"
That was a long two minutes of commercials......but, I never watched the play all the way thru - never saw it closely enough to see the ball bounce out. 

It was a GREAT GD challenge! One could say....a season saving challenge!  HA! Thats too good to believe...but I do!

A close GD game and we won it.

GOOD

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
Thanks all for joining in today and we'll see you back here next Sunday when we travel to Seattle for the NFC Championship game.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.