November 19, 2017, 04:25:32 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 60707 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread
« on: January 11, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »
OUTSTANDING! Yes, we can celebrate the victory, but also look forward to next week. Get ready for another schlobberknocker. I am PUMPED!

clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap) clap)
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline BobW

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers can heal a bit during the week but I doubt it.

Offline Ron836

• Second String
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »

Packers 31

Seahawks 30

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers can heal a bit during the week but I doubt it.
After shaking the rust off, he was fine, was able to move in the pocket, but obviously not take off and run. Protecting Rodgers next week will be crucial.

Saw Seattle's WR Paul Richardson tore his ACL, one shifty player we won't have to face. Unger rolled his ankle, importance piece on their line.

Excited for the game! Hopefully we can get over the NFC West hump we have struggled with recently.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
Should be an awesome game.

Their great defense against the packers (sort of) great offense.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
I like that the Packers are playing Seattle, because if the Packers hoist the Lombardi this year no-one can say they didn't thoroughly deserve it. Would I rather the game was in Green Bay ? Heck yes, but while it didn't work out that way, the Pack are one of just five teams left standing (Denver/Indy game still being played to decide the fourth spot, as I type this).  That leaves 27 teams wishing they were still in...............

Gotta beat the best, to be the best.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
I like that the Packers are playing Seattle, because if the Packers hoist the Lombardi this year no-one can say they didn't thoroughly deserve it. Would I rather the game was in Green Bay ? Heck yes, but while it didn't work out that way, the Pack are one of just five teams left standing (Denver/Indy game still being played to decide the fourth spot, as I type this).  That leaves 27 teams wishing they were still in...............

Gotta beat the best, to be the best.

Exactly!

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:31:14 PM »
To beat the best....... you have to.....beat the best.

I didn't want it any other way!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »
As long as AR isn't further damaging his calf, you have to believe that it heals up a little bit each week he is removed from the original injury.

Now, having said that, I have my doubts that we will see a big improvement by next Sunday.

Gotta get him a little more work this week. Taking nearly 2 weeks off to rest/rehab that calf was very evident in the 1st half today.

Staying (mostly) healthy as a team has had a major impact on this season, IMO.

And major Props to Davante Adams for having one heck of a game today. Bring your A-game again next week Davante!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:39:15 PM by dannobanano »

Offline kansaspackerfan

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 04:55:43 PM »
Words can't describe how badly I want us to win in Seattle....this is going to be a long week awaiting the game. Hopefully A-Rod will be healthy enough to be effective against a great defense.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
Maybe it's a good thing Rodgers doesn't have two weeks off until the next game.  He looked a little rusty there in the first half, and didn't seem to have the timing down with his receivers.

Seattle has a better defense than Dallas, but they're not as good offensively.  Seattle is damn good, but I don't fear them.  It does concern me that the noise in Seattle seems to disrupt the way Rodgers runs the offense, especially the audibles.  Their defense is good enough without the help.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »
Wilsons ability to run scares the shit out of me.  How will Capers defend?

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 05:14:14 PM »
Wilsons ability to run scares the shit out of me.  How will Capers defend?

Kick him in the calf. Really hard.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
Well, that was one ad for us today, Romo really couldn't run.  THey kept saying that about AR, but it was also true for Romo.

OTOH, Wilson really can run.  He is one of the very best running QB's in the NFL.

I have always said, if the Seahawks ever get a true number one wideout, they will be scary.

But as good as I think Wilson is, there is no way he should be the highest paid QB.

IF he is, he screws up their team compensation.  I mean what do you do with Lynch then?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:28 PM »
To beat the best....... you have to.....beat the best.

I didn't want it any other way!

As we were watching the game last night, my wife asked who I hoped would win. After saying Carolina, upon further reflection, I was glad Seattle won. Because just as the division coming down to the final game with the Lions, so it seems fitting that the road to the SB goes through Seattle. And after watching the game, I became more confident in a Packer win in Seattle if the Pack beat Dallas. So, this is it. What we all hoped for and maybe feared. But it just seems right.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid