September 21, 2017, 04:27:46 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 55304 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »
Well, that was one ad for us today, Romo really couldn't run.  THey kept saying that about AR, but it was also true for Romo.

OTOH, Wilson really can run.  He is one of the very best running QB's in the NFL.

I have always said, if the Seahawks ever get a true number one wideout, they will be scary.

But as good as I think Wilson is, there is no way he should be the highest paid QB.

IF he is, he screws up their team compensation.  I mean what do you do with Lynch then?

Well, yes, Wilson can definitely run when he feels the chance is there. And he's smart enough to slide before taking a big hit.

As far as the other comments about Seattle- who cares? If they screw up their salary cap, fine with me. And Lynch? No comment (which seems appropriate). 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 05:48:23 PM »
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers can heal a bit during the week but I doubt it.

After shaking the rust off, he was fine, was able to move in the pocket, but obviously not take off and run. Protecting Rodgers next week will be crucial.

Saw Seattle's WR Paul Richardson tore his ACL, one shifty player we won't have to face. Unger rolled his ankle, importance piece on their line.

Excited for the game! Hopefully we can get over the NFC West hump we have struggled with recently.

Problem is it took 3 quarters to knock off the rust. Hopefully it won't take that long to look like an MVP next week.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 05:53:44 PM »
I think our D matches up well against the Seahawks O.

Also think Lacy could have a huge game and take some of the pressure off AR.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:55:14 PM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »
Do you believe this?

The Hawks rookie WR Richardson is out!

First McLain, now this? 

Richardson was starting to really mature as a speed/leaping wideout.  A real deep threat.

Now, we don't have to worry about him.  Great!

Online Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers can heal a bit during the week but I doubt it.

After shaking the rust off, he was fine, was able to move in the pocket, but obviously not take off and run. Protecting Rodgers next week will be crucial.

Saw Seattle's WR Paul Richardson tore his ACL, one shifty player we won't have to face. Unger rolled his ankle, importance piece on their line.

Excited for the game! Hopefully we can get over the NFC West hump we have struggled with recently.

Problem is it took 3 quarters to knock off the rust. Hopefully it won't take that long to look like an MVP next week.

Yet they didn't panic and stuck to the game plan. Great coaching tonight.

This matech up was meant to be, I can't wait!!!!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »
Early line....Seahawks -7.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:55:54 PM by maxman44 »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »

Need to keep a "spy" on Wilson so he doesn't kill you with his running, and Lacy (hopefully) won't have any of the asthma issues he had today.

(the Packers know Lacy has that issue. You would think there was something "preventative" that they could do about it.)   ???

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

Need to keep a "spy" on Wilson so he doesn't kill you with his running, and Lacy (hopefully) won't have any of the asthma issues he had today.

(the Packers know Lacy has that issue. You would think there was something "preventative" that they could do about it.)   ???

Asthma can be induced by many different variables, including cold weather. It seems like he's had other cold-weather induced attacks. I'm not a doctor, and I won't pretend to be, but I am a life-long asthmatic, and have used many different meds to manage it over the years. I really don't know, but it's possible some of the treatments/meds available may violate the NFL's "substance abuse policy."

The good news is, that it won't be as cold in Seattle next weekend, BUT it will likely be weepy and damp, and that can also cause asthma for some who live with asthma.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:42:15 PM by JQ »

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
Would much rather play at Lambeau but oh well...

Nothing would be sweeter than shutting up all those obnoxious Seahag fans.

Pack can beat them...there not that good.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »

Asthma can be induced by many different variables, including cold weather. It seems like he's had other cold-weather induced attacks. I'm not a doctor, and I won't pretend to be, but I am a life-long asthmatic, and have used many different meds to manage it over the years. I really don't know, but it's possible some of the treatments/meds available may violate the NFL's "substance abuse policy."

The good news is, that it won't be as cold in Seattle next weekend, BUT it will likely be weepy and damp, and that can also cause asthma for some who live with asthma.

I think the rule on some of those "substances" is that you can use it IF you clear it with the league first.

Offline ricky38

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »
I don't think I will watch any sports talk this week because all I will hear is why the packers can't win.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »

The problem is if he takes something, he could get a suspension under the league's PED rules. It would only take a trace amount of some banned substance, that was labeled differently on the medication, for Lacy to be punished in some way.

So, could the Packers get something pre-approved for administering to Lacy? Maybe. But if the NFL screws up, it would be Lacy who was held responsible. Not exactly logical, but apparently how the system works.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
Wilsons ability to run scares the shit out of me.  How will Capers defend?

Kick him in the calf. Really hard.

LOL - good punch line Beagle. Got a good laugh at it  :)

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:50 PM »

The problem is if he takes something, he could get a suspension under the league's PED rules. It would only take a trace amount of some banned substance, that was labeled differently on the medication, for Lacy to be punished in some way.

So, could the Packers get something pre-approved for administering to Lacy? Maybe. But if the NFL screws up, it would be Lacy who was held responsible. Not exactly logical, but apparently how the system works.

I have asthma.  No two cases are exactly the same and it can impact people to varying degrees.  Mine is the absolute worst in cold weather.  My guess is this is something that Lacy will have to battle late in the season for the rest of his career.  One plus about going to Seattle is that the game shouldn't be nearly as cold. 

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »
Wilsons ability to run scares the shit out of me.  How will Capers defend?

Kick him in the calf. Really hard.

LOL - good punch line Beagle. Got a good laugh at it  :)

Is it a "punch line" or a "kick line?"    \ - ; #