November 19, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 60774 times)

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 07:34:55 AM »
The Pack beat the Seahawks.

Green Bay's offense is much more balanced then earlier in the year, and the offensive line might be one of the best in the NFL.
Our defense is far from great but much improved, Seahawks do not have as good of a offense as the Cowboys and we beat them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:35:35 AM by ChicagoPackerFan »

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 07:59:47 AM »
Rodgers said that in the DET game, the medical staff told him he couldn't do anymore damage to his calf (doesn't seem to make sense?)...If that's the case, is it possible he took an injection at half time?

It would make sense that he did if he truly can't cause more damage (again, is that true?). but then why not take it to start the game?

Either way, he clearly looked more mobile and on-point in the 2nd half.

I think we'll need Lacy, Adams, Daniels, and Peppers to replicate their performance, Rodgers to play "well", and Matthews/Shields/Jordy to elevate their game to have a chance...I fear a ferocious pass rush if we have to solely rely on Rodgers.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 08:00:38 AM »
Need to keep a "spy" on Wilson so he doesn't kill you with his running, and Lacy (hopefully) won't have any of the asthma issues he had today.

(the Packers know Lacy has that issue. You would think there was something "preventative" that they could do about it.)   ???

The problem is if he takes something, he could get a suspension under the league's PED rules. It would only take a trace amount of some banned substance, that was labeled differently on the medication, for Lacy to be punished in some way.

So, could the Packers get something pre-approved for administering to Lacy? Maybe. But if the NFL screws up, it would be Lacy who was held responsible. Not exactly logical, but apparently how the system works.

I have asthma.  No two cases are exactly the same and it can impact people to varying degrees.  Mine is the absolute worst in cold weather.  My guess is this is something that Lacy will have to battle late in the season for the rest of his career.  One plus about going to Seattle is that the game shouldn't be nearly as cold. 

There was a camera shot of Lacy doing some serious huffing & puffing between plays of the first series. I've no clue if he was having difficulties more than normal - but he was eating up some serious yardage and given this asthma angle - could be. I would expect the GB medical staff to be ALL OVER the list of approved medications and worked with Lacy to insure he takes his meds "from off the list". He's an integral part of GB's success - pulls down a hefty game day paycheck - its very much in GB's interest to insure he stays on the straight and narrow.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »
Commenting here on something started in another thread: Richard Sherman vs. Jordy this time around.
The WR's that give Sherman the most trouble are the smaller, faster type: Beckham, DJax....etc.
Sherman can hang with the taller WR's on speed and height - so he'll usually be at (or around) the intended point of reception - plus - perhaps more so (or as well) as any other DB I've seen, he applies basketball-like skills in so much as he can stay with his coverage while watching the QB - he's really good in this regard. 

I'm not sure Cobb can match the quicks of those two guys and how much (if at all) it would mess up GB's offense to have Cobb take on Sherman while Jordy came out of the slot.  Nelson and Sherman are very physical matches - but its the smaller, faster, quicker route runners that get better separation from Sherman.

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 08:24:58 AM »
I think Jordy the route runner can have some success on Sherman-- More on the in cuts and the stop routes early (Think the route he toasted Revis on) and than possibly a deep ball later on? or a double move. Cobb isn't leaving the slot.. He is our best playmaker on offense right now and has been unstoppable in the slot lately.

We HAVE to hold Seattle below 20 to have a shot imo.

I was on the hawks board reading this morning for fun and its a foregone conclusion that they are gonna wax us and roll through us on their way to the SB... I would LOVE to shut them up on sunday. I think we will need 125+ from Lacy to have a chance.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
In 2007, we crushed the Giants early in the season.  In the 2007 NFCCG, they came to Lambeau and beat us.  I'm forgetting about week 1 because anything can happen.  It sure is exciting to be one win away from the Super Bowl again!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »

Thoughts:
SEA just lost their WR burner to an ACL tear. Cant say I knew the guy but taking his "stretching the field" antics off the field cant be a bad thing for GB.
Wilson. We need to TACKLE Wilson. A hand on him has to equate to he's on the ground. In a way, the same applies to Lynch - but he'll require a couple arms & legs to stop.
Wilson running the ball - either planned or not - cant be the difference maker. He can eat up large chunks of turf very quickly if allowed to escape and it sets the SEA stadium on fire when he does. Need to plant him in the ground on all occasions.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »
I think Jordy the route runner can have some success on Sherman-- More on the in cuts and the stop routes early (Think the route he toasted Revis on) and than possibly a deep ball later on? or a double move. Cobb isn't leaving the slot.. He is our best playmaker on offense right now and has been unstoppable in the slot lately.

We HAVE to hold Seattle below 20 to have a shot imo.

I was on the hawks board reading this morning for fun and its a foregone conclusion that they are gonna wax us and roll through us on their way to the SB... I would LOVE to shut them up on sunday. I think we will need 125+ from Lacy to have a chance.

I dont see Lacy as being able to be the difference maker. Not a slight towards him - but I think - like yesterday - the success that makes the difference will be thru the air.
CAR had its shots - but they lack a corp of WR's (or multiple threats) - still, some shots were there but Cam's usual LOUSY accuracy (damn he's bad) killed way too many series. Hopefully AR gets some practice in during the week so the missed opportunities as occurred vs DAL will be minimized (or not occur) vs SEA.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:37:41 AM by Leader »

Offline fondypackfan

• Rookie
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »
My way to early thoughts

- Having Davante Adams as a good player this time around against SEA will be huge
- Having Bulaga in there vs. Sherrod in Week #1 will be even bigger
- Hopefully through therapy Rodgers can get a bit more mobile next week; I don't think he will have such a nice pocket next week

I think the Green Bay D can handle the Seattle O.  They obviously have Lynch and Wilson but their receiving corp is average at best.  Capers should play Burnett near the line as much as possible and trust the corners to stick to their guys.  Their will need to be some sort of spy on Wilson; perhaps Barrington at times and perhaps Matthews at times.

The Seahawks are favored for a reason and they have been playing great.  However they have not played a QB of any significance in a really really long time.  Long story short is Rodgers is going to have to be awesome to go in there and win.

Offline FAH1223

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »
I looked back at Week 1.

it was a one score game at halftime. 17-10.

We kick off. The defense stops them. They punt.

Then, Rodgers threw a pick inside his own 15.

We give up a FG. 20-10.

We turn it over on downs.

Seahawks punt.

Rodgers gets strip sacked and we give up a safety. 22-10.

Bakhtiari gets called for a personal foul. The Hawks get the ball at midfield.

They score. 29-10. Bulaga gets injured, Sherrod comes in. Game over.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
Something to watch is Kam Chancellor on FG's. In the Carolina game, he leaped over the Carolina OL, twice, and both times, affected the trajectory of the kick. It was legal because he leaped over the line without help- something I don't believe I've ever seen before. The second time, he was flagged for running into the punter, who should get an Emmy nomination for his theatrical flop. If it comes down to a FG to win, someone will have to keep an eye on Chancellor.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Pack Man

• Second String
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Something to watch is Kam Chancellor on FG's. In the Carolina game, he leaped over the Carolina OL, twice, and both times, affected the trajectory of the kick. It was legal because he leaped over the line without help- something I don't believe I've ever seen before. The second time, he was flagged for running into the punter, who should get an Emmy nomination for his theatrical flop. If it comes down to a FG to win, someone will have to keep an eye on Chancellor.

I have herd both jumps were not legal, It would be legal if he jumped from less than a yard from the line of scrimmage. The point is you can't take a running start. Reff's mist that call  twice! Urlacker for the bears did it twice i think missing it once.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »

I have herd both jumps were not legal, It would be legal if he jumped from less than a yard from the line of scrimmage. The point is you can't take a running start. Reff's mist that call  twice! Urlacker for the bears did it twice i think missing it once.

That cant possibly be correct. Are you serious? Has anybody written anything about that anywhere? I find it impossible to think they could screw up that badly on two successive plays. Really?

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »
It would be a great opportunity to upend Chancellor and let him fall 5-7 to the ground landing on his head, shoulder, wrist, whatever... You know damn well that will be discussed in special teams meetings throughout the week.

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »
I looked back at Week 1.

it was a one score game at halftime. 17-10.

We kick off. The defense stops them. They punt.

Then, Rodgers threw a pick inside his own 15.

We give up a FG. 20-10.

We turn it over on downs.

Seahawks punt.

Rodgers gets strip sacked and we give up a safety. 22-10.

Bakhtiari gets called for a personal foul. The Hawks get the ball at midfield.

They score. 29-10. Bulaga gets injured, Sherrod comes in. Game over.

And Brad Jones gives up TWO costly PI penalties that would have had our defense off the field and the end results were Seahawk scores. Brad Jones and his mistakes alone killed great defensive efforts by our team.

I hope they keep him off the field and get Hawk in there instead. Hawk is by far better in every respect. In fact, get Jones off the field on Special Teams too. Does he even need to be on the plane? Keep him in Green Bay. Jones and his immature play drives me insane.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi